Why are you against civilian gun ownership?

Why are you against civilian gun ownership?

Other urls found in this thread:

cbsnews.com/news/how-u-s-gun-deaths-compare-to-other-countries/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4318286/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Im against dumbass gun ownership

I'm not.

because most of the civilians who want to own guns are the ones who should least be allowed to.

I don't like the idea of that picture, not even a little.
But rights are rights and shit.

I own guns, but not for self defence. Guns make bad situations worse. If someone just wants to rob you, they're probably not wanting to kill you too - unless you put a gun in their face.

while they're down the sizzler stuffing their faces niggers break in and steal the guns and then kill people with them at the next chimpout

So what's you suggestion? Am I allowed to include my stuff in self defence?

all those scopes
you blind?

If somebody was robbing me I would leave my guns locked up. Thy're not going to do me any good. Even if I could pop the theif, it's likely just some kid having struggling with money, or trying to feed his addiction to drugs. He's not worth the 3 month court hearing that would inevitably follow for a $1000 TV or whatever he's after - besides, it's all insured anyway.

Nope, I just like taking them to the range and out popping rabbits and such, just makes it easier for me as I'm often shooting 50-100m+

I shoot a 308 with peep sites at the range
scopes are for people who can't shoot

why is family pictured against pupper gun ownership?

>Guns make bad situations worse
Can't support that generalisation. You must have seen the video where two scum start to rob a store, guy with concealed carry shoots one, the other runs? Gun made that bad situation get better pretty damn quick (and removed one piece of scum from the earth as a beneficial side-effect)

>all those scopes
>you blind?
bad troll. All my rifles have scopes because I like to hit what I shoot at.
And before you wobble on about "muh purity" scope > iron sights

see

You sure must have a big penis with a comment like that. I guess I use scopes because when I go shooting I'm not trying to impress anybody.

until part two: dead scums homies/relative come for revenge and shoot store guy while he's unlocking his rolla door

Robbers may just be going through a tough time, money would have likely been insured anyway so no real loss to the store, if anything the store would probably be closed for a few days whilst the 5-0 carry out an investigation resulting in the store being unable to trade/sell stuff, if they had just let them go and called the police they'd be back open the next day selling shit.

not an argument.

>I like to hit what I shoot at
you would if you had any skill
lazy faggots who want to play hunter should stay at home

Wow. You just found a single story proving the contrary.

Overall, I think, guns make bad situations worse indeed. Only think about the sheer amount of folks with personality disorders (eg. anti-social or borderline) or other psychiatric diseases. Give their impulsiveness or anger some easy tool and people get wounded or killed.

cuckery at its finest, this is some next level reddit/tumber shit. No joke, go kill yourself.

The guy with the carry was a random customer, so not going to happen.

I appreciate you're valiantly defending your lost cause, and guns can make bad situations worse (and it will usually get worse for someone involved) but, assuming you're this user your generalisation falls

I like my scopes because they make it easier for me, not to say I cant shoot without them, and my firearms more often than not are used as a tool to kill off wild pests on my property, not to show off my 1337 COD sniping 360 no-scope skillz.

>brings up penis size
so I guess you have a small one since you immediately go there
and you should be trying to impress people
impress upon them that you have at least some competence while holding a deadly weapon

If it's me commenting I'll post a pic of my guns :)

Guns are cool, and sure people should have if they want, but the whole gun culture in America as tools for self defence in my opinion is what causes the problems you all have.

britfag here, so I cannot own for self-defence. But your attitude is why people think they can steal your $1000 TV. There have to be consequences. I've been burgled twice and I'd happily have ventilated them had I been home.

And if you keep getting robbed, your premiums will become eye-watering, until eventually you become uninsurable.

This childish logic is amazing, just amazing. Are you mad ??? How the fuck can you support robbers that could potentially bankrupt a business or rob an already poor family... You dear sir are a child, one that lives in his own little made up paradise where everyone loves each other and people would never shoot you, so we should just let them steal.

so random people have no friends or family that might want revenge?
if you want to live in the wild west then there are consequences
and I'm not that user

I can be safe with firearms without having to show off to people I can shoot super accurate over reasonably long-ish distances without a scope... What a silly argument.

If I miss, the rabbit gets away, so I use a scope so I make sure I get it first time every time. You're super accurate, blah blah blah good for you don't care.

Calm down Rambo we all know you killed fiddy men back in dubya dubya too.

It's unnecessary. Do you really need to be packing heat if nobody else is?

>Wow. You just found a single story proving the contrary.
No, I provided just one example. I could offer many more.
>Give their impulsiveness or anger some easy tool and people get wounded or killed.
You're now shifting your argument. When did I say I was for universal and unfettered gun ownership without licences and checks? You can argue that unbalanced people shouldn't have access to knives or cars either.

>whole gun culture in America
>problems you all have
I'm British

My paradise isn't made up, I call it New Zealand, so do most people on the Earth.

I'm not supporting robbers, I'm just leaving it for the Police & insurance companies to deal with. Putting a bullet in some kids head isn't the solution to all problems when he may have wronged you.

Also this was me, forgot pic :)

but.... but.... Call of Duty

Then you shouldn't have any problems with gun violence then :D

I don't often agree with kiwis, but you're right.

Gun ownership serves for self-defence, banning guns causes more robberies (statistics, I know its hard to do but just check them), no to mention that the 2. Amendment was created so people could have firearms in case the government became corrupt or a dictatorship. That is what the fucking guns are for, so people can form small armed forces to combat an oppressive government. Most school shooters have a mental disability, they need treatment not a ban on guns, and even if they were banned, they could still get a hold of one if they really wanted to.

Not against it at all OP
In fact I iown one (.357) and will be getting a shotgun very soon
(Right price right type etc etc)
What I'm against is stupid wanks who've got such a hard on for their assault rifles they need to carry them into Starbucks and 7-11. Saw this a lot in Nevada where I live because of they're very liberal

>Putting a bullet in some kids head isn't the solution to all problems when he may have wronged you.
He'll never rob anyone again. No chance of re-offending. No cost to the country keeping him in jail. Choices. He made them. They turned out to be bad ones. There are always consequences

>wanting to get it first time everytime
your life is boring

Eric get off Sup Forums

Ironically, the only problem we have is with illegal firearms. Which is why the government keeps trying to introduce stricter controls on legal gun ownership. Go figure.

because americans fucked up

Yes it is, if he is threatening your well-being, or your life, it is the ONLY ANSWER. But hey, if you are willing to die for your ideals, who am I to stop you, just don't propagate this bullshit to people who are uninformed, you might cause someone to lose their lives.

You like wounding quarry?

America was spot on with their constitution amendment I think, back in the 1800's when a militia was a genuine threat to an invading nation.

These days an armed populace isn't going to stand a chance in a war fought with drones, tanks and fighter jets.

I don't necessarily agree that guns should be banned, they are great tools, people just need to stop using them to resolve disputes :)

Chur chur bro.

because niggers exist. You don't want them with guns.

no scope on your shotguns?
surprising

I'm not. I'm one of them crazy gun nuts who wants the Hughes amendment gone with suppressors and SBRs completely removed from the NFA. I'd also like to see notable infringers get prison time for constantly trying to violate the highest law in the land.

You must think pretty highly of yourself if you think someone is breaking into your house for the sole purpose of killing you.

Disputes are rarely resolved with guns. People don't just off other people because of a disagreement, they do it out of self defence, but I'm just going to leave now, because this conversation is going nowhere.

My life is fun, and exciting but sometimes I just like getting the job done quickly and easily.

I'm actually a huge fan of cars, and I put my time into them, I'm not exactly a hunting/firearms enthusiast, they're just tools mostly.

Wow what a dangerous edge lord you are. Careful fellas this guys lives so close to the fringe. Human life is such a bother. Bet you wish you could blow then all away

>Psychopaths don't exist
>Serial killers don't exist
>Dumb fucking niggers who doesn't want you to talk after you catch them robbing you don't exist

>IFIFIFIFIFIFIFIIFIFIFIFIFIFIFIIFIFIFIFIFIFIFIFIF
can you not read, I literally wrote IF, and in the majority of cases, someone will physically assault you or even worse kill you, so he can rob you ( He doesn't do this on purpose, but in that tense situation, It can (and frequently does happen).

I have so much hair in my ads that when I poop it just hangs there

Guns don't have to be illegal in general. They only need to be illegal in the United States.

Americans have built up an unhealthy obsession with guns. In American culture, guns are the solution to everything. American gun-lovers are much more likely to use their guns wrongly and unnecessarily than gun owners from other countries.

The American baby has proven unable to handle its toys. Now the toys need to be taken away.

Please stay. Just because we disagree don't mean one of us has to go :D

*Bumping with my cars (Past & present) now

good learning tool for a kid
teaches him to shoot well
and track
I guess newzealanders can't be bothered to do much else but pop off shots from the back of the ute arse down in a foldy chair with a dozen scoped rifles arrayed around them, better not hit farmed frodos sheep tho

Because civilians gun owners kill more people then terrorists in the same periode of time.

>evidence lacking
I don't even live in America and you have made the stupidest non-argument I have ever seen

We don't really have a problem with them here in New Zealand? Is America a haven for these kinds of people? Perhaps we should look at why this is the case, instead of how to kill them.

theres the big game rabbit ute in the back!
must be exciting to drive out of town on Saturday and terrorize the bunnies

Woah there buddy, calm down. I suppose in the extremely rare occasion that someone is actively trying to kill you yeah, it is a possible resolution. But then if you've got yourself into that situation you're probably not 100% innocent yourself either.

The US is by far and away the first world leader in gun-related deaths. It's a fact. This is evidence.

That is exactly what the conservatives/republicans are proposing- to have the mentally ill people examined, and to not allow them to own guns.

Some fun times have definitely been had in the Ole' Suzuki!

Also this is me too.

>citation needed

I'm a Brit. I learnt to shoot on the range with iron sights. No-one would stalk these days with iron sights - with a good scope you can place a bullet within a 6" guaranteed kill box at 150 yards; with iron sights on the same rifle you'd hit the deer.

cbsnews.com/news/how-u-s-gun-deaths-compare-to-other-countries/

I don't really follow politics in 'The land of the free' so I can't comment too much on parties etc but I know a good idea when I hear it and that sounds pretty reasonable!

Unfortunately, the statistic show that per 1m population the USA is not top of the list.

Because America is a huge country with large population. And I'm not even American so I'd love the stereotype to be true - but it's not

is south Africa still first world or has it slipped back into third?

The overwhelming majority of gun-related incidents are committed by people who are not mentally ill. This simply isn't a solution to anything.

We have a nigger problem. Where I'm at it really doesn't exist, but if you go to a place like Detroit or Chicago and venture into the wrong neighborhood or even live there for some fucked up reason you'll see the problem in action soon enough.

A lot of these fucks are in and out of prison and just keep doing it. You also don't have time to try and reform them when they are victimizing you. I've got an AK and a Px4 that are both a hell of a lot more effective at stopping a threat than trying to convince Tyronecius La'da'warian Lopez III that he should rethink his life.

I'd say it's not. But the definition is admittedly blurry. Either way, South Africa is the only country that could compete with the US in this respect.

Untrained man fires gun in public area possibly killing innocent.

>better

I learned to shoot with an old .22 rimfire, iron sights as I think most people did, I found it's easier with a scope so I use one? Where's this whole macho attitude from?

Exactly right, sure I can be accurate without a scope, but I can be even more accurate with one, so obviously we use them.

No. These figures are per capita, i.e. the absolute population figures have nothing to do with the statistics. Learn to read.

Gold.

im not. but im somewhat against ur use of the term civilian, stating citizen.

The United States has way more citizens that any of those countries, of course the gun deaths will be higher.

It may not be a 100% fix-it solution, but if America can't agree that keeping firearms out of the hands of mentally ill people is a half decent idea, America needs to have a good hard look at itself.

You seriously don't understand what per capita means?
Please tell me you're retarded.

>citation needed.

>no-one
people do it all the time
and not everyone gets 150 yards of open space
try hunting wild boars in the scrub gullies of western queensland Australia
scopes are fine, I was teasing the kiwi because he had one on every rifle he had

I suppose I can't comment too much on specifics like this kind of thing, but New Zealand definitely has some pretty rough neighbourhoods, you may get mugged but you definitely won't get shot dead in the process.

All they might want is your wallet, not your life.

Not all mentally ill people are violent, or likely to become violent. It's a bullshit idea altogether. Mentally ill people are much more likely to be victims of violence than perpetrators. People with paranoid delusions probably shouldn't have guns. But there's no reason to discriminate against people with, let's say, Tourette's syndrome or anorexia. Not all mental illness is the same.

sorry, I didn't actually read the whole thing. In any case that happens because of the shootings(committed by the mentally ill) that are frequent.

>pig hunting with anything other than dog and knife
Shiggy diggy doo
Fucking poofter ausfags

Oh you're such a tease >.<

I've probably got 20-30 firearms all up, some have scopes, some don't. I personally prefer the scoped rifles as it's simply easier. I've got a few older WW2/WW1 antiques that are original without scopes, Arisaka, Gewehr 43, VZ24 etc.

Ok, so despite your prejudice against his appearances, is he wrong? Because what he's saying doesn't sound crazy to me. He might feel his rights are being infringe upon, which they are, and he has the right to wear that weaponry. He's shouting because he's not only upset that his rights are being violated, but everyone else's are as well. Yet people feel comfortable when they don't need something immediately, since we have been living in an era of instant gratification.

You only go to the store when you need something but what do you do when all the stores in the country shut down because some vegans figure selling meat is cruel. Seriously. You might think this guy is nuts but a good businessman will scam you and make you feel like you're getting a great deal. You'll be made to feel like it's a good thing to give up your rights. Like you'll be safer in a world without guns... but it's not a world without guns. It's a world where you are no longer given the option or freedom to defend yourself from guns. Because your katana or zweihander, whatever you want to call it, isn't going to do shit against someone with a pistol from 20 feet away.

Wrong. Less than 5% of gun crimes in the US are committed by mentall ill people.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4318286/

I don't know
if a tourettes guy had a gun in a highly charged situation and started yelling FUCK SHIT CUNTY FUCKFUCK it might just start the shooting