Midi era

After trying out touhou for the first time, I began looking into PC-98 music lately for melody inspiration. Some of the cheesiest melodies I've ever heard but they slap. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5yGDBHHL3Po
kittyonfirerecords.bandcamp.com/track/spiritual-sapphire-engagement
youtube.com/watch?v=JoDY1XgcoFg
youtube.com/watch?v=z7rSbXMProc
youtube.com/watch?v=184zzZyhZXg&index=10&list=PL66FDF33954626D8E
youtube.com/watch?v=Gqd1Khp0igo&index=12&list=PL66FDF33954626D8E
youtube.com/watch?v=nzbhTZ0gq8M&list=PL66FDF33954626D8E&index=13
youtube.com/watch?v=cG1EXh86-iw
youtube.com/watch?v=G3QpGzUdCGw&list=PL66FDF33954626D8E&index=5
youtube.com/watch?v=kptqzXlMnjs
youtube.com/watch?v=rLvSD5HuIcE
youtube.com/watch?v=70mHubXP9Wg
youtube.com/watch?v=ua-f0ypVbPA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtu.be/5yGDBHHL3Po

probably one of my favorite tunes

The MIDI era hasn't even happened yet m8. MIDI will rise again.
kittyonfirerecords.bandcamp.com/track/spiritual-sapphire-engagement

Isn't this image in Oneohtrix Point Never's Still Life video?

some sweet shit. Does anyone know any good midi sequencers to make music on? or are they all just trackers?

I just looked up pc98 on google and came up with it. Also, I just now watched that video and got a glimpse of the future

killer track

youtube.com/watch?v=JoDY1XgcoFg
youtube.com/watch?v=z7rSbXMProc

FL Studio is what I and link related use.

i do a lot of work with general midi music stuff

i use logic with a lot of general midi samples (quicktime music synth, mostly) or general midi hardware synths (korg 05rw or roland d110)

I use fl studios myself as well but I really want to produce for ancient computer hardware. Am I only stuck with trackers?

I don't know. Are there even consumer available music program.s for pc98? I've wanted to use one myself.

good shit. especially that thunder force 4 track.

I'm guessing with a quick google search is that the roland sound canvas systems was the hardware used. I think trackers are the only way to go these days. (I can't really use them since I suck at reading text based notes rather than the simpleton FL studio piano roll.)

thinking of buying a code 25 or a akai mpk 25

the code's keys feel really nice but the software seems really fucking terrible

i mean MPK225 vs code 25

Ristar for the sega had an insane soundtrack. so upbeat and lovely.

youtube.com/watch?v=184zzZyhZXg&index=10&list=PL66FDF33954626D8E

youtube.com/watch?v=Gqd1Khp0igo&index=12&list=PL66FDF33954626D8E

youtube.com/watch?v=nzbhTZ0gq8M&list=PL66FDF33954626D8E&index=13

youtube.com/watch?v=cG1EXh86-iw

youtube.com/watch?v=G3QpGzUdCGw&list=PL66FDF33954626D8E&index=5

I do t think so. ZUN talks about how the old Touhou music is FM and that he has nostalgia for FM synth vgm. If you want to use a sound canvas though, you can just run midi to it from FL. This guy does a lot of cool (often weeby) stuff with it. He also made some of his own software he's using in the video.
youtube.com/watch?v=kptqzXlMnjs

youtube.com/watch?v=rLvSD5HuIcE

listen to ryu umemoto

awesome stuff. very unique ost

thats a crazy looking program. He wrote the song from the program and sent it over to the sound canvas im assuming? Also, there's no way to perfectly emulate the soundcanvas yet? youtube.com/watch?v=70mHubXP9Wg

rip

you know the guy who did the new doom sound track did a AMAZING JOB.

youtube.com/watch?v=ua-f0ypVbPA

it fits the game so well

very iconic yet very played out. The music is very fitting for a raw apocalyptic fps though

I think he wrote it in sekaiju, which is a basic MIDI DAW with a piano roll that I don't like. You can send midi to a module like the sc55 straight from FL though.
I had no idea anyone let alone Roland tried to emulate it. I can't watch the video right now though. I wonder why they didn't use the same electric guitar samples. They could have just sampled it right from the original.