I am slowly coming to terms with how full of shit everything and everyone is

I am slowly coming to terms with how full of shit everything and everyone is.

You can't even read a book and, after being bored to death by page 200, call it boring and go do something else. There are 9001 academics and journalists and other pseudointellectuals ready to call you a pleb.

I've read wealth of nations to page 200 and it's literally nothing but painstakingly slow anecdotes about increased supply lowering prices and decreased supply raising prices. It's boring as shit trivial anecdotes yet I will be called a pleb for saying that.

I am at about page 350 of a Dickens book and even though its paid by the word turgid aimless nonsense I will be called a pleb for saying that. Even though Dickens wrote for people with less formal education than 10 year olds today, pseudointellectuals pretend that reading him is a sign of intelligence and that you need ten PhDs to understand him. THAT is how high pseudointellectualism has progressed.

I read Plato and he spent 80 pages wondering whether names are just labels or whether they properly describe (or match) the nature of what they name... I'm not even fucking joking. Yet people will defend this.

I don't want to dwell on books but shit permeates everywhere.

My engineering degree was just introductory maths and physics and chemistry class plus a load of stamp collecting brain-dead corporate wagecuck training courses.

You're told that work is noble... yet people look down on me and laugh at me for working in a retailcuck job.

You are 90 % judged on what university you went to. My one was ranked in the world's top 150 (I only chose it because it was nearest to me) and I still feel like a prole who has been branded as an idiot.

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0Pum4OaOtkL
marxists.org/archive/marx/txtindex.htm
marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1867-c1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Have fun trying to live upto random peoples expectations.

I'm pretty sure no one would argue that The Wealth of Nations is dry and boring, or that Plato's writings are antediluvian. They are still read because they are a part of the thread of thought that lead us to where we are currently. Obviously the context is important, and all philosophy has generally been a response to preceding ideas. If you're choosing a path in college that deals with these subjects you're expected to be familiar with this kind of thing. No one cares if you enjoy it or not.

Also, Dickens is the shit, you fucking pleb.

Have fun being a neet

You sound like a normie who didn't even read my post in its entirety

How does that make you a neet?

YOU are the neet is what I meant.

>You sound like a normie who didn't even read my post in its entirety
I read your post, I'm just not sure what point you're making. Are you upset with academia for being pretentious? Are you complaining about your job? Did someone call you a dumb-dumb and you're just venting on Sup Forums?

I was merely addressing the bulk of your post where you seem to be questioning the purpose of reading some pretty substantial literary figures.

And how does that make someone a neet?

I'm sick and tired of these worthless cuckold books.

>steal a pdf of literally any book online
>first 10 pages are credits or something
>"i dedicate this book to ....."
>scroll through 50 pages
>close the pdf reader and go back to shitposting online

>I've read wealth of nations to page 200
There is literally no reason to read all of that you sperg

stop being a cuck then

>just,le ignore society dude

Kys you finnish nigger

Read Tolstoy if you want a fucking challenge you pleb.

>I read bad books, therefore everything is bad
No--the problem is you are stupid and make bad choices because you have bad judgment

>Tol-cuck communist fuck

I rather read Julius Evola and Nietzsche.

Didn't really say that but ok.

And those books are literal classics you fucking spic, that's the whole point you illiterate chimpanzee

Go back to mexico

>canadian posters
vocaroo.com/i/s0Pum4OaOtkL

absolutely canadian post

Delete this

>reading books on a pdf

i don't know how people do this desu

ITT butthurt 15 year old leaf vents about how "smart" he is

>my engineering degree
>15 years old

Huh rly maeks u thunk

>implying you're not lying

No one agrees on anything. At all.

"""Academics""" also shouldn't have their opinions placed above others desu. All ideas should be faced with the same scrutiny.

okay whatever

>it's actually a very interesting thread
>on Sup Forums

thank you leaf

too poor for books

>All ideas should be faced with the same scrutiny
no, saying "X is shit" is not as valuable as a 300 pages essay on why X is good

>One's opinion on the economy is just as important and valid as the opinion of an academic who is extensively educated in the field of economics
What's with this support for equality? I thought Americans hated communism

I like reading non-fiction books because they are interesting and I learn things from them.

That was a nice little tune to be honest.

Is there an instrumental version without the memes?

what about fiction books

reading the wealth of nations without some knowledge of macroeconomics, economic history and history of economics tought is useless and pretentious,

You can easily dismiss the "X is shit" if it has no evidence backing it. Same thing to "X is good" if the 300 page essay has no substance whatsoever.

I'm no gommunist, I just think that good ideas shouldn't be judged based on the person who makes them.

Reading on a computer screen for hours makes me feel like death. I'd read PDF's if I could physically bare it, but paper doesn't strain my eyes nearly as much so I read book instead.

Same for me, but when you have no choice..

I like films more when it comes to fiction.

>Want to read something intellectual
>Read Plato, Dickens and FUCKING le invisibuhl hand wealth of nations

hahahahah this is what classcucks actually believe

these are exactly the kinds of braindead shit that the ptb want you to read and be indoctrinated by, the reason you think it is stupid is because it is.

read marx faggot

Kill yourself lmao

Marx was a fucking retard
>muh magical utopia
>Muh labour theory of value
>Muh idiotic theories that no economics professor discusses or just lols at
>Muh retard memes

there's a reason there's no communists taken seriously in any economic forum

Here is everything Marx wrote, read it and get fucking educated you pleb.

marxists.org/archive/marx/txtindex.htm

>mfw this guy actually thinks that finding huge obvious flaws in the prevailing ideology and realizing the state and private entities indulge in the propagation of false narratives in their own interest is a new thing

I expected OP to make a completely hollow appeal to authority in defence of the ideology he has been indoctrinated for his whole life to believe devoid of any actual criticism of any value, and he ACTUALLY DID IT, THE ABSOLUTE MAD MAN!!!

Why do you care?

>File: tumblr_nsfvmpwteF1ucxsygo1_500.jpg (129 KB, 422x437)

Oh...

>Quit job thinking I will be definitely developing myself learning programming langueges and other foreign langueges, also preparing for expert degree of english exam. being a neet
>Do nothing except shitpost on Sup Forums. I know I'm wasting time but I just can't help it. the neglecting instinct is irresponsible.

Marx has been thoroughly debunked

Literally all his shit is retarded. The labour theory of value is the stupidest shit ever. You genuinely need to kill yourself.

Literally no economist would agree that he has ever said anything insightful ever.

>unironically reading literally anything other than german idealists
Really hope you guys don't do this

>Marx has been thoroughly debunked

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAA

I can't believe you typed this, didn't you mean to come across as intelligent in this thread? You get your opinions lukewarm right out of the capitalist press! Fucking idiot!

Maybe you should be networking more rather than venting on Sup Forums.

>muh capitalist press

There's just no arguing with you, is there?

There is no Economist in the 21st century who would call himself a Marxist. You are either trolling or insanely retarded that it's not worth responding to you.

Subjective Value > labour theory of value

>mfw when people PRETEND to have read Marx to come across as intelligent when they haven't actually read Marx and then come across as idiots when they resort to the idiotic "debunking" criticisms of Marx offered by the capitalist press because they haven't actually read Marx and thus can't come up with any intelligent criticism of his ideas

The labour theory of value makes no sense and Marx hasn't given any evidence for it.

Describe the labour theory of value.

>mfw some people have ACTUALLY read Marx

>mfw I have the Wikipedia page open to compare the incoming copy + paste with OP's post, and it will be the same because OP hasn't read Marx and is just talking out of his ass

The idea that things are worth the amount of labour needed to produce them.

And your debunking of this idea?

Reference to Jozef Stalin or Venezuela in 3, 2, 1..

Things are worth what people are willing to pay for them.

It doesn't really consider the scarcity of different types of labour.

Is digging a hole for 10 hours worth more than a famous painter creating a piece of art in 3 hours?

As I said, this isn't MY debunking, you'd be hardpressed to find a single 21st century economist who considers himself a marxist.

fuck off back to /lit/

Life gets way better when you start doing opiates, then it becomes shit when you need to take a break and lower your tolerance but whatever

You can only transcend this by not giving a shit about what other people think and create your own values a la Übermensch, leafbro

>you'd be hardpressed to find a single 21st century economist who considers himself a marxist.

Yanis Varoufakis
Richard D. Wolff

there you have 2, took me about 10 seconds.

>It doesn't really consider the scarcity of different types of labour.

Resource scarcity on markets is intentionally created by capitalists in order to create profits, i.e. the diamond industry. As you defend these ideas, you also claim that this is logical. This is what Marx called surplus value, i.e. false value.

Read Das Kapital. It will take you maybe an hour and then you won't be this stupid anymore.

marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1867-c1/

>tfw too smart to read books

>Resource scarcity on markets is intentionally created by Capitalists

Okay I'm going to stop responding now. You are a retard. Good bye.

Yes, everyone is full of shit user.

Truly useful knowledge is kept secret or sold. It's up to you to find it out.

>tfw spent my childhood getting redpilled by reading books about ancient generals and now I'm a power hungry maniac

Nice rebuke, faggot.
Marxists win, again.

The Immortal and Eternal Proletarian People's Science of Marxism has once again been victorious over the lies of the bourgeoisie, Comrades!

>that pic

Capitalists are likely the only people who have read Das Kapital.