Next Kanye?

Next Kanye?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=hNtvaV0r2Ig
hotnewhiphop.com/young-thug-pick-up-the-phone-original-feat-starrah-and-quavo-new-song.1971183.html
m.youtube.com/watch?v=6-IfbpJF11Y
youtube.com/watch?v=q9-9GWFuS5w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ITS LIT :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

kanye could actually produce & rap
this talentless hack can do neither

>travis
>can't produce

Who?

no, he can't
telling some atlanta producer to add a hi-hat and 'make it darker' does not make him a good producer

I have had Pick Up The Phone on repeat for 3 days the beat the lyrics the story is just fire

his last release feels like a huge step back rodeo was a much better album

he looks like crazy eyes from orange is the new black

and Rodeo is a big step back from Day before

Kill yourself.

>thinking that Travis actually produces his own shit.
There's only been one song Travis has produced entirely on his own for one of his projects which is Drive off of Owl Pharaoh and that song fucking sucks.
If you ever see a Travis Scott production credit best believe he is accompanied by a whole team of other producers.

my ringtone lol

It could go either way really, it's a bit tricky out there at the moment, hedge your bets fir a bit longer is my advuce, its all over the place

He's fucking good, rodeo was damn fine.

>thinking Kanye produces his own shit

He works on production. He started producing for others. Because there's guest producers, he doesn't produce his own tracks ever?

>the same version of Pick Up The Phone is on two different albums by two different artists
I don't know why this triggers me so much

STROKE MY CACTUS

first 3 albums "next kanye" is chance
all the other albums "next kanye" is travis

No he's a cocky lil shit with one good album.
He's the next kid cudi with how shitty birds in the trap was

do you mean as in a "musician" I'll completely ignore? Yeah I guess

MmMMmMmmmmmm don't play

I GET THESE GOOSEBUMPS EVERY TIME YEAH

Check me out let me know what y'all think

m.youtube.com/watch?v=hNtvaV0r2Ig

anyone listen to that unauthorized release days before birds? actually might be my favorite release lmfao. lacks cohesivness but it's only 10 tracks so it doesn't outstay its welcome and is better than birds imo it's got some fun songs.

i thought it was just a compilation of singles that hes released, just fan made

Travis wasn't responsible for any of those.
here's the original reference track, with the woman who wrote Travis's part.

hotnewhiphop.com/young-thug-pick-up-the-phone-original-feat-starrah-and-quavo-new-song.1971183.html

it was tracks that leaked days before birds lol it actually was released on spotify for a day through TI's label and there was commotion bc travis didn't consent to that so it eventually got taken down

Never understand why this clown is popular.
doesn't produces his own shit
lyrics are trash
guess all you need is to give off a "vibe" and yuppies eat it up

trap is the most rythmically interesting style of hip-hop. the way they navigate/ride through the beat is impressive im tired of these rappers with "good lyrics" thinking they can get by without outstanding beats. not to mention the producers/mixers behind the sound experimented with unorthodox techniques to get the beats that are now the most popular thing. if you're really trying to understand you should watch this interview

m.youtube.com/watch?v=6-IfbpJF11Y

I'd say the same goes in reverse. I can't unironically enjoy a song with great production with unignorable struggle lyrics with "badass time," "stroke my cactus" and a continuous drone of "OOOH MAAAAAH, mmmmmah." Give me the banger beat, but don't give me some autotuned hack on a mic who sounds like he wants to die and ends up ruining the production.

Some of the best of both worlds with great lyrics and production would include El-P, Aesop Rock, Clipping., Nas, etc. Hell, even El-P prides himself in his production but at least he even gives an instrumental version for his work.

STRAIGHT UP!

>implying the autotune drenched vocals don't add another layer to the texture of the beat
w e w lad

all you named are good and all but their production is not similar to trap. if anything they lean more into industrial sounds, trap has more psychedelic understones imo. especially if you watched that interview and learned some of the techniques behind it. also so many 'lyricists' come off as pseudo and contrived shit's lame

meant for

stop posting this Kid Cudi wannabe

>if they aren't saying stroke muh cactus its pretentious
trap fans everyone

nah i've actually never even heard that lyric i love how you lyrical elitists cant see how much you exaggerate their lyrics and also disregard that humor has always been a party of lyrics in hip-hop but it's all good stay ignorant

nice mental gymnastics
STROKE MUH CACTUS MMMMMMMMMMM DON'T WAIT

yeah because leaning on a thesaurus is much better

>mental gymnastics
is what im saying really blowing your mind that much u simp? learn some history. best part is it still sounds great even with their lyrical content triggering idiots like you

stroke my cactus
STRAIGHT UP
ITS LIT

10/10 am i right
literally the definition of low IQ music.

>what are adlibs
w e w lad

never said it was 10/10 and it's not even one of my favorite genres it's actually just some of the easiest music to enjoy but respect wanna share a good album user? you're spending time in a trap thread so i bet you have great taste :^)

one is a mixtape

Pleb opinion. Away, hypebeast

>being a passive aggressive lil bitch
ITS LIT AM I RIGHT

The songs are all unfinished garbage. You have zero taste

>literally the definition of low IQ music.
I'm gonna need literal definition of high IQ music even though you confirmed can't provide or identify it because you're a
[spoiler] actual moron [/spoiler]

This guy never convinced me. I feel that he doesn't has a style of his own, and he borrows way too much from Kanye's 808's era and Kid Cudi.
Also every single one of his songs that has a featured artist, he always ends being owned in his own shit.

>using spoilers on a non spoiler board
>calling somebody an moron
STRAIGHT UP
LA FLARE

wrong. many came out as singles anyway. 5-6 out of the 10 tracks are good and that's unbelievable percentage for a travis scott release

>those keen observational skills
glad you've decided to stick around and bump the thread my friend

sheeeeeeeeesh

I don't think you know what your talking about. The beats are literally unfinished- just a simple bass and synth line with Travis giving a weak verse and maybe a featured artist giving another weak verse. Most of the tracks don't even have hooks. Please, if you are going to shitpost on Sup Forums at least listen to the music.

but you're the bitch user you realize this every time you look in the mirror

they literally are not unfinished lmfao. and what do you consider finished? being poorly mixed by mike dean? several have hooks have you even listened to it?

>mfw

Multiple have hooks you're the one that needs to listen to it user

what do i need to do to prove my active aggressiveness user?? keep getting you to bump this thread??

A finished track would imply a varied and interesting beat and a varied and interesting rapper on top of that. Days Before Birds has none of that. It's hilarious your attempting to defend the leftovers of a creativety defunct album.

post a picture of your body with a timestamp saying fuck me daddy

the best part about it is that its leftovers when he actually tries to make a cohesive piece it falls flat e v e r y t i m e . the fact that there's no overarching theme he's working on and that they're random tracks works in his favor. the hooch, pour up, raw raw, and hot sauce are bad you say?

delivering soon keep this thread alive

>songs need hooks to be finished
*my longest w e w l a d ever*

When you are listening to fucking Travis Scott, yeah, I'd argue that to be the case.

If there was actually an attempt to make a cohesive piece on Days Before Birds, (which, let me make clear, there isn't) the tracks would still be half baked pieces of shit. Days Before Birds is a throwaway not worth your attention, and if you still insist that it does, stop listening to music and turn on the radio. It'll be better suited for your ideas of taste.

>When you are listening to fucking Travis Scott, yeah, I'd argue that to be the case.
wrong the track with thugger ooo nana which is obviously unfinished/bare still bumps in the whip easily.
>If there was actually an attempt to make a cohesive piece on Days Before Birds, (which, let me make clear, there isn't)
I know that's why it's better than Birds. If days before birds are throwaway tracks and the tracks he chose for Birds are his best then he's got horrible judgement as less than half the songs on Birds were enjoyable. but please tell me which of his 'finished' tracks are good user? care to enlighten me?

>not enjoying hot sauce, pour up, raw raw, and the hooch
im definitely gonna need you to point me in the direction of better travis tracks then.

you don't find minimalist beats interesting? also, I really don't find the beats on days before birds to be *extra* simple besides the obviously bare tracks

>demands hooks
>tells user to listen to the radio
w e w
e
w
You're a fucking thick one aren't you mate? Lacking self-awareness and defending the holistic aspects of a travis scott project when you yourself seem to want radio singles to consume. Disgusting. You need to give music a rest and focus on understanding yourself. Or at the very least work on making since and not contradicting yourself like a fucking idiot

You're both faggots for arguing over someone with no talent like Travis Scott.

Next kanye ?

no its def not him. birds sing in trap album was a complete failure imo.

the next kanye is someone we've yet to see or hear about.

AJ Tracey is the next Kanye.

youtube.com/watch?v=q9-9GWFuS5w

if by next kanye you mean album quality going downhill with each new one then yes

what's that make you dropping into a thread about about a dude with no talent? sounds like you're pathetic. I'm just trying to trigger that idiot because I'm trying to procrastinate and that user might actually be retarded. almost as retarded as an user that drops into a thread to drop his 2 useless cents and can't even shit post properly