Hey Sup Forums

hey Sup Forums,

ive been smoking weed for as long as i can remember, but a good friend of mine has just presented me with the opportunity to try shrooms. like i said, ive never done any drug other than smoking weed every couple days, so i dont know exactly what to expect from shrooms. i know its from a reliable source, and i also know ill be in a safe environment if/when i take them.

what is it like and what advice can you offer me?

>TL;DR i want to try shrooms but need advice/info before i do

>like I said
>has not said this before

Perhaps drugs are not for you op. You seem to have limited mental capacity as it is. Furthering this is unnecessary.

But if you do choose to trip, have some xanax on deck in case shit goes South. Also do not take more than 2.5 g for your first time.

i actually kinda figured "ive been smoking weed for as long as i can remember" wasnt enough to imply that thats the only drug ive done but i didnt feel like correcting it while writing

also never done xanax and i dont feel comfortable mixing trips for my first time for either.
i am curious as to why you say "in case shit goes south" though. what may happen and why would xanax help it?

Oh and what is it it like?

Your brain turns into a bunch of shapes, the inside of your mouth feels like it goes on for miles and miles. All your teeth feel like monoliths. You see sounds and can feel the color light blue. Everything you know about reality is turned upside down. Anything is possible. You feel at peace with yourself and the earth if it's a good trip. You have the worst most horrific experience if you have a bad trip.

On LSD once I was laying down looking at a carpet, and suddenly I saw these absolutely terrifying faces all over the carpet. I couldn't look away because I was afraid they would eat me. When I finally mustered the courage to get up I somehow convinced myself that making a schedule would take the monsters away.

Xanax is anti psychotic. If you are tripping bad, xanax will kill your trip and you will relax. It's not really mixing trips, it's just an ejector seat in case you are mentally about to crash

is there any way to ensure a good trip, or is it just left up to chance?

Will bump your thread with trippy images because I want others to post trippy images

It doesn't have to be xanax either. A few beers (if you can stomach them on shrooms) and/or benzos would help you stop seeing scary shit

No real way to ensure a good trip but I have found that tripping with other trippers and tripping outside will definitely help a lot. Also as useless as it is for me to tell you this, you should never try to hold onto reality or tell yourself "oh this could turn into a bad trip", because that's how the worries start. If something shitty starts happening, try to change environments

on the topic of stomaching shrooms, ive been told that they taste pretty awful. while im pretty tolerant of bitter-tasting things, how bad is it? any suggestions on how to take them to dull the taste?
my brother has said its better to just take them straight and just bear it. how true is this?

Even if you start seeing scary shit try to look at it like a scary roller coaster ride or an actually scary movie that you'll never escape from.
Or continue being a whiny faggot who neglects equally vital aspects of existence because they're unpleasant.

thanks for the insight. how long does a typical first-time trip last?

The taste is usually a very earthy, dry dirt taste. I have learned to love the taste because I love tripping. The texture is kind of meh...i would recommend putting a few in your mouth, sipping some oj and then chewing them as much as you can stand. Oj is also great because it helps break down the shrooms in your stomach. Lemon juice also works.

4-6 hours. You don't see shit that entire time tho. The visuals die down between 3 and 4 hours in. Do not redose, because your tolerance skyrockets after you come down. If you want to trip again, aim for at least a week of rest. People have reported that smoking weed a few days after shrooms is more intense than normal toke sessions, but I cannot confirm this because I don't smoke that often.

Also, of course man. Anything to help a fellow psychonaut. The first time I did shrooms was quite spontaneous. My friend just said "hey I have shrooms, wanna try?" and I went into it without any idea what would happen. 10/10 life changing experience. Never going back.

Happy tripping ;)

how much should i take for a first time trip? im not quite familiar with the terminology either...

What words are you unfamiliar with?

I would recommend 2.5g. You will not be completely down the rabbit hole, but you will certainly have a novel experience

Do LSD instead

You want shrooms advice, heres what I've got

>At least for me, shrooms are a very personal trip, not a social one. Take them with only a few, very trusted individuals.
>Shrooms are a very good teacher, but are very unforgiving. They may teach you things about yourself that you were not ready to/ didnt want to learn.
>If you smoke weed, there's always the chance that psychedelics will change how your brain reacts to weed forever (Enhanced psychedelic affects)
>If you want to expand your mind and really learn something, shrooms are for you.
>If you just want to trip and have fun, start with acid (Make sure its clean acid first)
>As a beginner, take 1 to 1.5 grams, just to get a feel for it first, and have a trip-sitter present
>If you do enjoy it and want to go further into your mind, I usually take 2 to 3 grams at a time, anything higher I like to have a sitter around for.

Shrooms are a great experience, but can be a difficult trip if you don't know what you're doing. I Highly recommend them though. Happy trips!

...thats another option... If he knows he can get that and not 25i, DOx, 2C-x or anything else dealers advertise as acid.

Remember kids, acid has NO TASTE OR COLOR WHATSOEVER. If it's bitter, it's a spitter. Unless you are like me and you like research chemicals too

im unfamiliar with any measurement terminology (mostly because im not picking them up), i.e. how significant of a trip/how many stems(?) is a g, etc etc.

super helpful, thanks man

lol lemon juice is said to increase the potency pr something of shrooms, there were a couple shroomery threads about it.

I've heard putting some peanut butter on it would also reduce the taste/make it taste good.

An eighth of an ounce = 3.5 grams. That amount will take you to new worlds.

5 grams is considered a heroic dose.

There was a man who regularly did 20 gram trips... I have no idea what sort of things that legend experienced.

Also it is believed that stems and caps do not differ in their psylocibin/psylocin per gram. Therefore, weigh your dosage. Counting stems and caps is not a very reliable method of dosing because caps and stems differ in size and density.

Do them on an empty stomach.

This is good advice OP, however there is one part which I "personally" don't agree with.

>If you just want to trip and have fun, start with acid (Make sure its clean acid first)

Yeah this is some what true but when taking acid you are really in it for the mental aspect and it can be very overwhelming. I personally think shrooms are easier to handle I found controlling my thoughts easier as aposed to acid, things look a bit alien like on acid where as on shrooms things remain more natural.

As I said this is all personal opinion and it's all up to OP.

i remember hearing something like this, but i dont remember if its suggested to do it on an empty stomach, or if its a bad idea to do them on an empty stomach. jokes aside (assuming its the latter), which one is it?

Eat as much as you can as fast as you can

I always liked to mix them in iced tea, let them sit for at least a half hour then drink it, mushrooms included.
They taste like shit, a lot of people barf from it
I've done shrooms about 15 times & acid about 25 times, never had a bad trip & I always felt it's impossible to have a bad trip from shrouds.
About an hour til you feel anything then 4 to 6 hours of tripping. The come down is pretty subtle but it's good to smoke weed to help relax in that phase.
Find a safe place like a reliable friends house to do & don't let any paranoia get the best of you. If you ever freak out just remind yourself everything will be back to normal in a few short hours.
Other than that just enjoy the ride & the exploration of your mind

>5 grams is considered a heroic dose
? I always eat a q and I'd consider a heroic dose over 12 grams atleast

ive heard the difference described this way before and based on that id prefer shrooms, especially because thats the opportunity being presented to me anyway

Fucking kek
Well I mean don't starve yourself but you should definitely not feel full when you eat them. Having something light an hour or 2 before you start.

When you start tripping, candy (personal tripping fave is jolly ranchers) is your best friend. Remember to brush your teeth.
You are a madman. Different people have different experience/tolerance to mushroom trips. I'll get the money/balls to attempt a 5+ gram trip one of these days.

extremely helpful contributions, thanks a lot guys, keep em coming.

There's different kinds of shrooms which can vary in potency, even the same type can vary in potency. If you trust your friend who's getting them or the dealer not to be totally stupid then you could probably ask them about what dose would be good for a first time.

Set and setting always being a thing, if you're in a room in a house and things start to feel bad try changing the room you're in. If you're stanganted in one spot outside again try walking a short distance somewhere else.

Music it good, music can deeply effect what your experience is like. It can mellow you out or make things deep and intense. It's kind of cliche but really dad rock stuff like pink floyd is known to be good when tripping for a reason. Whatever you like really, I like a lot of electronic music so I listen to a lot of that on trips. Tribal type of drumming or chanting can be very intense and fun.

Let the mushrooms guide you and tell you what they think you need to know, try to learn to accept what is going on, if you're trying to fight it my best advice is to be as logical as possible, don't jump to conclusions but don't try to block random thought either.

Finally, enjoy yourself and take in what the experience is all about. Depending on if you ever get anxiety from smoking weed you may or may not want to use it to make the trip more intense.

Ps. It takes about and hour or two after eating them for you to really get into the swing of it all, though you can feel the effects faster than that depending on certain things.

>I like electronic music

Who do you listen to?

I honestly cant stand listening to anything on shrooms. Music just seems so unnatural and orderly. However, if you add .2 grams of mdma to the mix and a few canisters of nitrous...mmmmmmmm

did any of u encounter psychedelic hash before?

Nope. What is it?