Who are the most overrated bands of all time with the exception of The Beatles, Nirvana and Pink Floyd?

Who are the most overrated bands of all time with the exception of The Beatles, Nirvana and Pink Floyd?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ap87QgZKTNw
discogs.com/master/view/285033
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

since nirvana is out, foo fighters

Radiohead

Led Zeppelin. I don't get why they are so overrated since their music fuckin sucks

Death Grips.

Wings. I'm pretty sure this is the worst #1 charting song ever.
youtube.com/watch?v=ap87QgZKTNw

They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

I didn't do my best today Jackie

U2
Nothing remotely redeeming about them

That's a good song, though.

Grateful Dead

that's not we built this city on rock and roll

iktf

Oasis, U2, The Who

>The Who

Literally who?

Especially because they ripped off a bunch of songs. I don't see anyone topping this.

I can relate to this post. I'm sorry I let you down, Jackie

Bob Marley

t. underage
U2 were a great band up until the late 90's

>Oasis
This. Even their "good" albums have awful production. Other britpop acts like Suede, Pulp and the Manics if you count them were miles ahead Oasis.

She can
Start
To walk out
If she wants

>"I don't like your geezer rock bands dad! Why don't you listen to some REAL music like Swans, Grimes, or Death Grips? God you're such a normie dad!"

>This. Even their "good" albums have awful production. Other britpop acts like Suede, Pulp and the Manics if you count them were miles ahead Oasis.
Agreed, but sadly Oasis and Blur did what those 3 failed to do and made it in the US.
Actually, is Pulp known in the US? Common People at least seems to be.

Animal collective

if you're not going to be catchy at least be interesting

well I am a dad.
my favourite genre is drone. maybe noise.
I have most of swans' discog on vinyl.
death grips and grimes is for children/angsty pretend adults/hairy girls.
I can also appreciate a lot of 'dad rock' but it isn't something i turn to often.

am i going to be the new stereotype?

you're like roadhog going fishing with hooks. this is your bait.

You sound like a hipster faggot

If you have a scraggly beard and glasses, then yeah, you are a stereotype

xd your rong because its mucore

Taking the bait

Triggered

Led Zeppelin

Ladies and gentlemen I present you with the worst band of the 80s.

(Aside from Jefferson Starship).

True
True
True
Absolutely, especially The Edge
Yes. Yes. Maybe a bit
Objectively true. Peter Tosh was always better

I personally dislike the Stones but I know most wouldn't agree

On Sup Forums specifically, Grimes without a doubt. Death Grips is better, but also overrated

DONT SAY HER NAME!
Youll start the cycle all over again!

Journey

Every fucker knows some song by heart

DON'T STOP

BELIEVING

Make it stop I hate them.

Queen, not even bad just grossly overrated

HOLD ON THE THE FEELIN'

STREETLIGHTS, PEOPLEOOOOOOHHHH

These.

Weezer too.

>Grimes
>band

This. I love a lot of 70s rock, but I only like a few songs by Zeppelin. I really hate Plant's voice.

Wings are THE most underrated band of all time you retard.

Kiss without a doubt

>holy grail of dadrock genre
>juggalos of the 70's
>babby's first rock band
>about 10 solid songs out of like 50 albums that all sounds the same
>2 type of songs - songs about making love or songs about how much they rock (however sometimes they go into overdrive and sing about how much they rock while making love)
>their fanbase consist of obnoxious cosplayers and nostalgic faggots

seriously fuck Kiss and fuck that kike cocksucker Chaim Witz

I wish Jackie Chan was my motivational coach

rolling stones

They're popular, but unlike The Beatles, Nirvana and Pink Floyd, not taken seriously critically. Bad choice senpai

they're overrated in general

and they have album or two in Rolling Stone's top 500 chart

Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Kinks, Deep Purple, Beach Boys are great dadrock. Led Zeppelin are garbage

And Grimes sucks, DG is not that good.

You are retard

They used to be at least. In Destroyer era they were critically taken very seriously.

Their studio stuff is admittedly a little overrated, but at their peak their live shows were unmatched

Wow Rolling Stone is even more of a joke than I thought

Make it stop.

Oasis somehow managed to pull a few songs out of their ass each album that weren't fucking terrible. They got exceedingly worse at that as time progressed.

I don't think most people regard KISS as masterful musicians or anything of that sort. They just made some fun songs and had good marketing.

I really wouldn't say Blur or Pulp made it. "Song 2" and "Girls and Boys" were decent hits, but never cracked the Top 40. Pulp never charted at all here.

Oasis had about 5 Top 40 hits.

Huh, I thought Blur seemed fairly well-known in the US - or at least people seemed aware that Oasis vs Blur was a thing, and they seem to get mentioned a lot in American publications.
Not american so I have no clue really.

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

At the time, they were fairly well known in certain music circles (ie. indie rock and alternative), but their biggest lasting legacy has been the "woo hoo" song and to a lesser extent, "girls and boys".

No you are retard

This is easily top 5 GOAT bass lines.

>Black Sabbath
>Great dadrock
They invented 3 genres of music during their career. And the term dadrock... I don't even want to comment on it.

Steve's got a one in a million voice. You can't really hate them.

Not when they found an exact sound a like to replace him...

I don't even think they're overrated, just a meme that got out of control.

Beatles are not overrated at all. They deserve every praise

This. I feel like their solo work is unfairly criticized because everyone wants to hear MORE Beatles music and not John, Paul, George, or Ringo solo.

I despise sound alikes. There are a handful of guitar players on YouTube that have almost copied Allan Holdsworth and sound almost exactly like him. I admire the dedication, but that's about it. No originality there, no integrity there.

You fool!
oops ... I bit

Wow you guys really are just contrarian hipsters aren't you? Silly love songs is catchy as all hell and great

This should be a fucking PSA.

Every Led Zeppelin album should have a gigantic "THIEVES" sticker on its cover.

Im baffled by the small amount of fans who are aware of this. And the worst is that they go full damage control when you point it out "lol those bands should be grateful that LZ stole from them!"

This post wins the award for Biggest Strawman of Today

Coldplay

Anthrax

Slayer

Iron Maiden (Their singles are amazing but the rest is total shit)

Led "You made this? No, I made this" Zeppelin

The Cranberries

Radiohead

And all of those bands that attend lollapallozaa each year

Kek, what a faggot you are.

Hey deadhead, is this any good?
discogs.com/master/view/285033

alice cooper. I understand the dude was an icon and did a bunch of cool shit with groucho marx and salvador dali and all that, but I seriously can't grasp how his music caught on. it just seems bland. I hear his live shows were solid, though.

completely agree

Yeah Cooper was more of a case about shows being amazing

someone explain this meme

Hipsters: People who like to talk about liking/disliking things.
Non-hipsters: people who like to talk about things.

Tobacco, definition of a one trick pony. Black moth super rainbow's better for some reason.

>Coldplay
Yes! Thank you! I can't stand all that "I'm playing a piano because my music is so fucking powerful" shit. It's serves Coldplay right that their music is played for every tone-deaf fat-arse that gets rejected by X-factor.

Red Hot Chili Peppers and Foo Fighters

Like It's Always Sunny, they're only enjoyed by the 2cool4u crowd who have shit taste and act engagingly smug

>It sucks because normies like it >:^(
Standard.

I fucking love this song. Shit taste friendo

Yes.

Joy Division
>Really the only special thing about them is that they are probably the dreariest band ever.

Godspeed You Black Emperor
>Everyone loves them because they make 20 minute long tracks where nothing really happens at all.

Fugazi
>Awful production, the lyrics are totally incomprehensible because they are so smothered by this muddle of guitars.

The Doors
>There is really nothing too bad about their music, but considering how mediocre every album is and how highly rated they are, it's for me just an obvious one.

I hate Foo Fighters and RHCP, but I love Always Sunny. I take offense. Wtf faggot?

Pink Floyd and MUSE and Tame Impala

The Doors are the only band you listed that I 100% agree with. Nobody actually listens to the other 3 in the real world.

A-HA!

Agree with Doors, but the other 3 are 3 of my favourite bands.
What Fugazi albums have you listened to. A couple of early ones had bad production, but I don't know how you can say that about say, Red Medicine.
And who cares about Fugazi's lyrics anyway?

I think the world has pretty much accepted the Doors are garbage at the point. After the boomers who WERE THERE MAN go no one is gonna talk about that awful band ever again.

OMG LE LIZARD KING LITERALLY SAID "GET HIGH" ON TV OMFG no one gives a shit.

AC/DC makes me upset.

Well, different groups are overrated in different communities, but some bands that just aren't worth any sort of praise but get some anyway are:

>The Police
>The Allman Brothers Band
>Elvis Costello
>Weezer
>The Byrds
>Tom Petty
>Crosby, Stills & Nash
>Ramones
>Sex Pistols
>Wilco

The list would be a lot longer if I included groups that had one pretty good thing but it's not the thing they get praised for

>And who cares about Fugazi's lyrics anyway?
The liberal hipsters who listen to their music

Godspeed are crescendocore, it's pretty hard not to like them, though that doesn't mean they aren't very overrated, it's very uplifting music which is why it's so popular

I haven't followed It's Always Sunny since Season 5ish but the people who were watching it then, including myself, were exactly the opposite of the people who listened to RHCP and Foo Fighters because we thought we were too cool for that shit music...pretty sure people who listen to those bands watch something like Game of Thrones (that's still a thing, right?) or Jimmy Fallon

What bands do you like?

>implying The Beatles, Nirvana or Pink Floyd are overrated
Fuck off, contrarianfag.