Sup Sup Forums, curious about tulpas. Is it worth trying? Things to worry about? Tips? Also general tulpa thread I guess

Sup Sup Forums, curious about tulpas. Is it worth trying? Things to worry about? Tips? Also general tulpa thread I guess

They're great. Mine sucks my dick. It also looks like my Dad.

Question I have is what should I consider before attempting something like this? I've heard it's a long commitment and can be somewhat draining

> I've heard it's a long commitment and can be somewhat draining

Just like any imaginary friend, it comes down to how much you want to delude yourself into stupid beliefs and magical thinking.

Shrug, it mostly just sounds interesting. I'm pretty aware of the fact that a tulpa is more or less just hallucinations and a construct of your own mind, but it's still a subset of personality and being able to interact with that even if it's basically just talking to some fragment of psyche that i have is still interesting to me

its definitely a long term thing and the deluding yourself/magical thinking thing isn't wrong but some people are christian right so why not tulpae?
I started creating one long before I knew what one was, I wouldn't consider it fully formed and over the years it's faded at time due to neglect (work/relationship commitments taking up too much time)
But the times during which my tulpa was more formed it was a massive help to issues I was dealing with or just general life stuff.
If you're introverted and willing to spend the time alone and concentration required it can be rewarding/cool.
I know people who've done it purely for the experience and research and others like me who've done it more as a natural progression of self exploration, reality control, lucid dreaming, magical thinking etc.

do some research on what do to and what not to do, then just go with what feels natural. alot of the issues with tulpa that people have come from forcing certain aspects of the formation. So just let it flow from your natural creative process

Don't have a set idea of what you want from your Tulpa.
Don't try to create an anime clone, it will backfire

I struggle a lot with lucid dreaming, as i've only been able to get somewhat of the way there, Is it still possible for me to make a tulpa? How difficult is it?

Yeah, I don't want to create a version of an anime character, I'm not out to create a waifu or anything

I want a companion/someone to discuss stuff with somewhat i guess

Is it bad to draw out plans for a form before attempting to create one though? I understand that part of the form is made by them too, but I have a general idea of what i'd want them to look like that isn't based on anyone in particular

>I want a companion/someone to discuss stuff with somewhat i guess

by this, I mostly mean that I'm happy with whatever they are as long as they aren't a dick

>People are Christian right so why not tulpae?
Apples and oranges. Two types of insanity lol

don't do this

Yeah, saw that earlier

Not planning on making a pony/anime tulpa

that said, I have known someone who got turned down when asking someone out because the guy wanted to date his fucking fluttershy tulpa

That was painful to even hear about

Yes but it'll be really hard. The same type of thinking is used for lucid dreaming, tapping into your subconscious and merging it into your conscious mind as a way to control it's output.
Creating people, characters etc in dreams is a stepping stone to natural tulpa creation.

yeah thats fine, as long as it's not based on anyone person or thing in particular. Don't forget you're all making this up in your mind so whether you choose it or the tulpa does. you've still chosen it. so making plans ahead of time is fine. the issues arise when it's not actually your idea. Ie I'm going to make an anime waifu to jerk off to. your mind will resent this idea cause you wouldn't actually want to be reduced to that.

Yeah thats fine. just focus on making one appear. the natural formation will give you time to decide on how you want it to progress

In some ways yes, others no. "God speaks to me" I believe there is a guiding force that I speak to who will show me the way.
Vs
I know I'm making up a voice and personality in my head that is completely of my own mind and making that I choose to give the illusion of free thought so that I can explore my own issues, the way I perceive the world and social interactions
There have been arguements that some of the extremist christians who believe jesus has talked to them had actually created tulpa of jesus through prolonged and intensive prayer

buddhist monks also have been known to create tulpa as a way to explore ideas of knowledge and enlightenment

you're joking right?
A dude asked another dude if he could date a non existent mental formation of a cartoon character in his head?

is it not similar to character design in a sense?

Like, being able to draw up their design and think of a personality for them would help a lot in visualising them wouldn't it?

What? no, i meant a girl I knew asked a guy out, and the guy refused because he didn't want to upset his waifu fluttershy tulpa

It was kinda insulting

Yes and no. You can do can definitely do it that way and it'll skip some of the steps that are advised by most tutorials to make it faster/easier but for some people they are worried the tupla would reject the design/personality and then you wouldn't get what you had planned. if you get attached to the plan then you end up stuck with something you don't totally like and it'll hate you for not being happy with it. nothing like self loathing to fuel a fire.
The way it is generally advised is that at each step of formation you create aspects to further the visualisation, a voice, then a personality, then a look/touch, then a smell etc till it totally forms, but each progression is informed by the last and it's changes rather than from the beginning idea.
I personally don't think that there is much of a risk of rejection if it's your own idea and design to begin with so I wouldn't worry too much

Yeah, I get that it won't necessarily come out the way i design it, but that's okay to me and i don't expect it to be exactly the same as it

oh hahaha wow fuck man that's pretty retarded. I guess if the tulpa is fully formed and you don't have a strong understanding of how it works and your mind there could be some serious consequences to pissing one off but at the same time that takes the cake for worst reasons to be rejected.

All good then. You know roughly how to do it?
Make sure you start setting aside some time for yourself to prepare and then do the formation. Good ones for me were/are just before bed, read a book to calm yourself then meditiate for a bit before going into the formation, having a long bath or shower or while taking a hike somewhere preferably quiet and calm like a forest or empty park. The idea is to be alone with your thoughts without distraction. As things progress more sensations are required to trigger/develop your tulpa so the hiking start being great for that. its harder to concentrate but it brings smells, ambient sounds, random touch sensations etc your brain will collect these and attribute some to your tulpa which can start sensory hallucinations as well as visual or aural