Noise, static and distorsion used in music

radio static, lo-fi, noise music. I've only listened to very little of it (I think) but I love the use of distorsion, radio static (or radio chatter that's hard to distinguish), noise in music

Stuff from the likes Merzbow, Kazuma Kubota, Jefre Cantu-Ledesma, I am a lake of burning orchids, The New Honey Shade, Philip Jeck, Joseph Hammer, William Basinski, Jim O'Rourke, Tim Hecker, Set Fire to Flames.

I got into it because of the noise elements present in post-rock groups such as Mogwai, GY!BE and Tarentel.

I need a compilation of such music. Is there one?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tYy4hcdT04Y
youtube.com/watch?v=a2UUzieUr_g
youtube.com/watch?v=xrPPF6gzMJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=j8e4w8Xse8U
mega.co.nz/#!yhoAyIzS!Be_nJlbeykR4a7rANNKB03vjillmmU_GFLIc9wymHaM
mediafire.com/file/md7vp6bkvm1rs35/WNSS_-_AB.zip
youtube.com/watch?v=7k0JN8cC4H0
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

ren and stimpy

ich bin

someone reply to my thread kek

this is beautiful thanks

another thing i forgot to mention was the holy see, blood honey

youtube.com/watch?v=tYy4hcdT04Y

i personally like the third track the best

good thread so far OP. hears a few songs you might be down with

youtube.com/watch?v=a2UUzieUr_g

youtube.com/watch?v=xrPPF6gzMJ0

>I need a compilation of such music. Is there one?
shitloads:
you're not as weird as you think you are: six years of public guilt
no bullshit, a sonic tribute to zbigniew karkowski
faith will never die cassette
white eye of winter watching
a birds eye view into a Machiavellian world of secrecy
industrial soundtrack for the urban decay OST
Neu Deutsche Post Avantgarde
broken flag: a retrospective
Manifesto Industriale Italiano

I didn't mean to imply I was weird, I realize that /noise/ is a common thread that pops up in Sup Forums but I was more interested in the broader category of noise and not just harsh noise like merzbow and kazuma kubota are, but stuff that might include melodies such as burning orchids and jefre-cantu ledesma and more recently

>I didn't mean to imply I was weird
that's the name of a compilation, sorry if i didn't make that clear. also a lot of the compilations I gave you is heavy on the drone and industrial sides of noise

i see, i'm slightly drunk right now so i didn't notice you were sharing a name of a compilation but now that i re-read it's obvious

that's ok I'm pretty toasted too

This is good

Astrobrite - Whitenoise Superstar
youtube.com/watch?v=j8e4w8Xse8U

here's a few more, I got bored and bothered to look through my library for them:
Neuengamme
noise kills punk dead
sex & bestiality
Snake Is Long, Don't Fall The Audio Hole (My Father Said) - A Tribute To The Hanatarash
Samhainwork I
trapdoor tapes document 1
the beast 666 & the archangels of sex
forbidden planets: music from the pioneers of electronic sound
futurism & Dada reviewed
teknoir

>Astrobrite - Whitenoise Superstar
can't find this album on soulseek, the archives or rutracker.
help?

I had to buy it cause I couldn't find it. You want it?

through the amazing power of google:
mega.co.nz/#!yhoAyIzS!Be_nJlbeykR4a7rANNKB03vjillmmU_GFLIc9wymHaM

yes

is the quality decent?

>is the quality decent?
it said it's V0

it might say that but is it true? also was there another link aside from mega? lately its been giving me "out of memory errors" (despite being perfectly fine a few weeks ago) and just halts my downloads at any point

Any punk with rhese elements involved? I really like street sects new album and Full of Hell and Merzbow(the album)

I'm back senpai, here ya go. 320 straight from bandcamp.

mediafire.com/file/md7vp6bkvm1rs35/WNSS_-_AB.zip

>lately its been giving me "out of memory errors" (despite being perfectly fine a few weeks ago) and just halts my downloads at any point
do you have the extension? cause iirc mega handles temp memory weird but the extension fixes it

thanks

no i don't use the extension

>no i don't use the extension
I'm pretty sure that'll fix it for you, it did for me a while back

It absolutely is on soulseek. I have it on there. 320kbps mp3

Maybe you just turned it on? I haven't re-checked yet but when I did check for it there there were only about 4 or so astrobite albums shared none of them whitenoisesuperstar

You gotta search up "whitenoise superstar", if you spell it as one word it wont show up it seems.

well I download it off mediafire thanks to this fellow but thanks anyways

fuck this is good, thanks for this

Can anyone recommend me some 'blissful' noise similar to some of Jefre-Cantu Ledesma? Like hints of droney melodies, major chords and shit.

bampu

don't die

quiznos: the toastmaker

first thing that comes to mind is celer. he has a huge discog and most of it is a dud but it's pretty well understood that "capri" is a standout
I've heard good things about "continents" as well but I haven't listened to it. maybe on the way to work

Thanks mate, I have a lot of Celer though. His material is a bit too soft and minimal for what I'm looking for. I'm after like walls of abrasive and simultaneously beautiful noise. youtube.com/watch?v=7k0JN8cC4H0

belong - october language

t h i s

Animal collectives Spirit they're gone spirit they've vanished has noise elements in it
I don't know if you'll like it but clipping has noise elements in their album CLPPNG