Hey Sup Forums. I'm trying to decide what fraternity to join in college...

Hey Sup Forums. I'm trying to decide what fraternity to join in college. Anyone in a frat or used to be in a frat tell me why that fraternity is the best and what you like or what you didnt like. Or if you didnt join a fraternity, why?

Other urls found in this thread:

wikileaks.org/w/index.php?title=The_secret_Ritual_of_Kappa_Sigma&redirect=no
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Im in sigep. Its okay.

TKE. You won't regret it

I was in Theta Chi.
>Pledged through Spring
>in May I joined the Army.
>I was gone one year for BCT and AIT.
>Come back and the President he told me it had to come to a vote or not and they *might* let me pledge again.
>Voted no.
>Three semesters later the faculty adviser saw me and wondered why I wasn't in meetings.
>Did some investigation and apparently the President just didn't like me for some reason, lied to everyone because there was no vote to let me in and told them all that I didn't want to join and "banished" me - hence why most of them refused to answer texts and shit.
>MFW he tried to join the Army as an officer after graduating and broke his leg and had to sit in a hospital for 5 months before finishing.

Every chapter is different on every campus. I joined my fraternity because I was friends with all the guys and like what they had going on, same thing you should do.

However, it does not hurt to do some research about the nationals and rules and what not. (For example don't join SAE)

Don't join one. Focus on your grades and succeed in school. Most levelheaded advice you'll get.

College has turned into an overpriced bacchanalia. If that's your thing, pay to join a frat, they'll make sure you get some pussy.

Really depends on what kind of person you are.

Actually a Kappa Sigma here. Left the school after a year but had the best memories of my life with the fraternity. But as user said every chapter is different. Go through rush with multiple and see which one has brothers you get along with

"Pay to join a frat"

Living in a fraternity was about $1000 cheaper per semester then the dorms on my campus.

Look, man, I'm not here to usurp your internal justifications for all those loans. I'm just offering some pragmatic advice to our fledgling Sup Forumstard friend here.

My internal justification for all my loans is making $70,000 2 years out of school.

Are you trying to convince me? Or yourself?

I don't care. My point is, in most cases, fraternities are an extra expense to the already overpriced day-care that is college, unless you happen to be studying something of import that can realistically land you that currently entirely hypothetical 70,000/year dream job you speak of.

Ya I can agree with that. Don't go to college to get a liberal arts degree.

Aww. So sad to here your parents are footing such a large bill. I bet you'll vote for trump. He'll make it better, make u rich #$cha-ching$

If only more than 50% of students understood this, I would have hope for the future.

You're not bad, got a good head on you. I do hope you succeed and get a job based on your response.

I was having a conversation with that user, get your fucking troll response out of here you faggot.

If you were wondering
user,

my response is

SigEp is a good fraternity. They have a no hazing policy. On my campus, TKE was the hard partying bunch and seemed to always been in some kind of trouble. SAE liked to party as well, (not to mention their fondness for date raping co-eds). Lamda Chi Alpha was a solid bunch. AGR were a bit full of themselves but other than being a bit redneck they were ok. Stay clear of Delta Chi.

Already been out of school 2 years and got the job but thanks user.

Sorry to interrupt your private conversation. By all means continue on with your pathetic and quotidian life. Your casual dismissal of liberal arts suggests that you're a business major or among the dullest of the STEM majors. Still, complain. I'll be pissing on your face while you serve me and my hot Japanese wife food at whichever gourmet restaurant is unfortunate enough to employ your pathetic white ass.

Was in local Gamma Phi Gamma. Was the shit in the '90s. About 3-4 years ago we made TMZ and Drudge due to the actives being fucking betas with no alpha to keep them in line.

Now it is full of fags and hipsters. The coolest ones now are black. FML

>being racist
>fml
Pick two

Kappa Sigma here. Go Kappa Sigma, you won't regret it.

Also a Kappa Sigma, rush K Sig

Almost pledged a frat freshman year, decided to I didn't have time between double majoring and being on the sailing team. Turns out most sports teams are like frats; we have our own house, socials and parties with other teams and sororities, and dues are 1/4 what they would have been if I joined a frat. But it's all about what you want. People are gonna give you shit no matter what you do, I get shit for being on the sailing team even though I get to travel the country and drink for free, and my friends in frats get shit for "buying their friends". Rush, see if you really like any frats, and go from there

One of my good friends is a kappa sig at Bama, shit looks insane

Another K sig here. AEKDB guys

It all depends upon what chapters are chartered at your university. We could tell you which one is better until daybreak and it won't matter if they don't have a presence at your campus. Find out, do some research to find 2 or 3 that sound like a good fit, then go to some recruitment events or parties hosted by the chapters. Hang out with the members and find out what kind of people that they are, then make a decision and let them know that you are interested in joining/pledging.

What's that mean again?

Why ask when you can read?
wikileaks.org/w/index.php?title=The_secret_Ritual_of_Kappa_Sigma&redirect=no

Is this for real?

Rush PIKE motherfuckers...I enjoyed it , my roommate was a sig ep and kappa sig was cool too.. just personal preferences

What school?

Asshole. The internet doesn't believe in freedom of information.

Former Kap Sig here.
Was fun for the time
Didn't feel like paying a lot of money for friends (I was a super poorfag back then)

Overall, I'd say give it a shot if your interested. Also all that "hazing" bs you see in the tvs is fake.

Be weary of sorority girls too

Well A~B brothers. Im the first Kappa poster. What schools are you from?

Went to Austin Peay, Eta Tau 08' phi phi k a

I remember hazing, now it's looked down upon...

>spoken like a shill working a trade after not going to college

Frats are garbage. Rape parties + paying thousands a year for friends, no thanks.

Nice bait

Pros:
>networking
>girls come to you
>immediate large group of friends upon entering college
>study time
>spring break
>the sensation of being part of something bigger than yourself
>big man on campus
Cons:
>some brothers are dicks
>pledging
>having to fit in if some hobbies don't mesh
>money
I'd go for it, if you don't like it leave whenever you're not contractually obligated.
>I wish I never left

Op here. Attending Kennesaw State University in the fall. Definitely considering Kappa Sig. Lots of people tell me to wait until sophmore year to pledge. Thoughts?

This is the stripper at your party. Do you fuck her?

No freshman year, or spring semester freshman year. Course work is easier, and your pledge brothers will relate to you more.

No that's a him not a her

Don't wait. If a fraternity works for you it will be one of the best decisions that you'll ever make and you'll kick yourself later for wasting that 1st year.

Do you fuck him

Wrong answer. Chug a beer and then 3 laps around the house.

Kek

No

Yes brother user

A2B brother!

A2B brother!

Alpha Phi Omega. It's co-ed, do good things, feel accepted, do fun things.

Kappa Sig is the way to go

I'm a sigma chi. My advice to you is to join an organization that has a strong national/international headquarters with lots of active alumni. Ask about local and non local alumni. Join a chapter with history, one that does good for your campus, and you enjoy being around.

WSU

Just tour the houses and go with your gut. Every house is different per campus, For example Sigma Chi, Phi Delta Theta and SAE are the tits here. While TKE, sigma pi and Delta Chi blow.

AEKDB, Sir.

This one is for you:

Delta Lambda Phi (ΔΛΦ)

Average GPA for fraternity students is higher than non-fraternity students for almost every university

That's why you got pledged

fuck pike

Fuck pike

In ZAX

BOLOGNA

fuck frats

seriously, 90% of frat people are complete dicks, which i have met. and i went to a school that was 50% greek. not a fan. not my kind of people though. just about as far from a 'frat bro' as you can get.

I'm a ΚΣ myself. I say if you are interested go out and rush. I love my fraternity brothers, the chapter here is kind of small so we all get along really well and have similar interests. I think you just gotta try the different frays at your school out and find the one with the brothers that fit you best. In general I can say going Greek is the way to go though. It has a ton of benefits that will continue to present themselves even after you get a degree. Just don't go in with the mind set that you are doing this as a party card, if you are looking to party then don't waste your money.

Go skull and bones

the one with the best rapes.

SAE...

Are there any ΓΖΑ Bros here?

Bologna mother fucker

Very clever......

Bologna!!!

Any k sigs want to share info on this?

It's a city. Just happens to be where the European founding of kappa sigma was when a professor at the university of Bologna started a secret group to protect students from a tyrant there by the name of baldassare cassa (who went on to become a pope). Cassa would have his guards rob and demean the students so the professor started the group to grant the students safe passage through the city using secret passages and checkpoints set up by the brothers. kappa sigmas history is rich my friends.

TKE at my school got suspended. They would beat their girlfriends and they gangbanged a girl they drugged the shit out of

They weren't recognized by my school. They operate underground and still do. They got caught hazing; they flooded their asement and put a bunch of trash in it and made the pledges lay down in it as they were getting beaten by brothers

Kappa Sigma, you won't regret it.

I was a Kappa Sig from NJ, it doesnt matter which you join you're gonna make a lot of friends and do a bunch off cool shit during college, just figure out which group of guys you think you'll assimilate best with

Isn't it a ritual password?

Under what guise?

Silence and secrecy?

It is a luncheon meat not dissimilar to mortadella

To learn the ways of the fraternity one must watch Randy Santel eat food and learn from his ways.

Delta Chi here. It's definitely worth it. Just find a group you like.

Some are larger and will throw the biggest and best parties, but smaller ones you'll have a tighter-knit group (for better or worse.)

It is a password, but knowing it doesn't really mean anything. As with anything important, our actual secrets have not, nor will they ever be, laid in text. You can know the ritual all you want, and know all of the written secrets we have, but I don't think you will ever know what anything actually means unless you are a brother. I love when people look up our "secrets" congrats you know something that has been coded in a book, with out the context or the way to decode it then it means nothing.

DTD here, join one if you want, you have to like the guys you meet not just the letters that go with it.

Wasn't sure about it when going to college. Rushed 2 dif ones. Picked TKE. Hardest hazers on campus. Become brother. Some best memories ever. Raged hard as fuck. Hazed even harder. Kicked off campus and charter revoked. Still party and recruit. No matter what happens you won't regret it trust me.

Unless you are SAE cuz their ritual is on wikileaks

I'm a Pi Kapp at a large Florida University, definitely worth it. My recommendation would be to check out the different houses during rush, and see which guys you get along with

So is K-sigs. All I'm saying is that you can know their ritual and not know the real meaning to it. You can even know their other secrets and not know their true meanings. People put these things into text knowing that they could possibly fall into the wrong hands, that's why they also made a way to code them. I will also say that some of the secrets mean jack shit if you don't have the context to why it is important.

SigEp here. Had a similar experience. Two brothers didn't like me based on legacy status.

Join a frat based on the faggots within the chapter OP. Just keep in mind that some fuckboys are so petty ya might as well call them a liberals.

ATO here best decision of my life
>Rush fall because bored and no friends
>Do a bunch of hilarious shit with bros
>Yelled at constantly
>Know theyre kidding
>go to sick parties now and bang bitches without trying
>horrible grades for pledge semester 2.5
Totally worth it

Man do what I did.. become good friends with folks inside of each one and in sororities and get invited to shit that's not completely exclusive. Reap the benefits of drunk sluts at bid parties... etc..

You're still gonna pull ass either way in school if you're not a complete fucking faggot.

phi sigma kappa here, we had a pretty good time and the guys in my chapter weren't really douchey. would do it again

How's the parents basement treating you?
About as well as the english degree, I'd wager