What does Sup Forums think of Pantera?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=td-v6vG2Xhs
youtube.com/watch?v=7jBVo5iUA14
youtube.com/watch?v=gW-7f6BWhjg
youtube.com/watch?v=vyc49kxqRnQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Overrated. Particularly the guitarist.

dimebag, rex and vinnie was one of the greatest instrumental trios in heavy metal
unfortunately, anselmo was a dense massive cunt

WOK ON HOM BOI

I honestly think they are great, although Anselmo really did fuck up the band. If he only stayed off heroin they could have been bigger than iron maiden at their highest point

Dime honestly peaked on the hair metal albums. No idea what people saw in that chugga chugga shit he did later.

RE...SPECT

>chugga chugga shit he did later
youtube.com/watch?v=td-v6vG2Xhs
youtube.com/watch?v=7jBVo5iUA14
youtube.com/watch?v=gW-7f6BWhjg

Fuck yeah. RIDE MY ROCKKKKKETTTTTT!

RIP Mr. Dime Bag

Not bad desu. They brought metal into the 90s by dropping all the Tolkien crap in favor of grunge-like lyrics.

Exhorder is better

Essential tralierparkcore.

that's not a pantera, thats a snake

RE

Along with ICP and Kid Rock.

Ah, the 90s when white trash all listened to this stuff and wore WWF or Loony Toons T-shirts.

Listened to Vulgar Display for the first time in a loooong time and honestly it was a fun as fuck record.
Tried to listen to Cowboys From Hell again too but didn't really enjoy it much. Might try it, along with their other stuff, again sometime though.
I think a lot of people have a stick in their ass about Pantera because of their main audience but being bro-metal doesn't make them bad.

>Tried to listen to Cowboys From Hell again too but didn't really enjoy it much. Might try it, along with their other stuff, again sometime though.

CFH still sounds a little too much like 80s metal.

t. hipster scum

WHAT DID YOU SAY
NO WAY PUNK

Yeah it really does still sound more like hair metal than groove metal and hair metal is way too cheesy for me personally. Probably the issue. Pantera is cheesy too but it's an entirely different kind of cheesy.

RE

Only song I can still listen to by them any more is Domination.

>was

DOMINATE!

I really dislike them but really I don't like most southern-sounding music (with the exception of Skynyrd) because that's all I heard growing up.
I probably wouldn't mind if I heard one of their songs on a spotify playlist but I would never go out of my way to listen to them

Underrated because of all the people who meme upon it for "Muh buttmetal" and "Muh racism".

I mean if people don't eat shit because it's fucking disgusting does that make eating shit underrated?

LOOK HE'S A CONTRARIAN, HE THINKS DIFFERENT! WOW.

Down is better

t. buttmad pantera fan

Power Metal, Cowboys from Hell and Great Southern Trendkill are alright albums. Power Metal is the best one.
Anything before Power Metal is just sub-par glam, and the rest is poser sellout shit of the highest caliber.

>was
yeah, the dime vinnie rex trio was one of the best metal trios. problems?

>poser sellout shit of the highest caliber.
youtube.com/watch?v=vyc49kxqRnQ

RE

i like them. they kinda had a hardcore thing going, definitely very influential to the 2000s for good or for bad. also VDOP is one of the angriest records ever made, period

A good group that nu-males will never understand.

I understand it
checkmate atheists

FUCKING
HOSTILE

Rex seems cool. Anselmo is one of the top frontmen of all time. Vinnie is a whiny baby, and Dime was talented obviously, but heavily overrated.

Could you take Phil in a fight?

SPEK

SPEK

SPEK

WAK

>unfortunately, anselmo was a dense massive cunt
I don't care how much a cunt he was, he is the reason the band sounded like it did. The other 3 wanted to be a normie power metal band that sang about chicks. Anselmo showed them black metal and underground shit, that shaped them into the band you heard after Cowboys from Hell (and even had a major influence there, it was much better than Power Metal)

I still blame Pantera for the shit NWOAHM

T. angry lonely person.