What does Sup Forums think of Phil Spector and his 'wall of sound' production technique?

What does Sup Forums think of Phil Spector and his 'wall of sound' production technique?

Popular music's greatest genius.

Brian would like a word with you

Great producer but a big weirdo creep in general

He is a 'killer' producer, that's for sure

Christgau thinks he ruined rock-and-roll by starting the trend of overproduction.

Death of a Ladies' Man is one of my favorite Leonard Cohen albums and Wah-Wah is my favorite George Harrison solo song (not counting instrumentals obviously)...the actual classic stuff? Suffers from not having good material to work with, it's just good production, a lot of the songs aren't too great but some are proper classics

gtfo of here with your beach privilege

?

some of the comfiest productions ever came from spector

shitty person tho

christgau is literally shit opinions: the person

can you name some?

His Christmas album is the GOAT Christmas album

Brian would agree

He helped to change how music was produced, but I'd say it was Brian Wilson that changed music from either being binary, as in either just recording instruments or making a wall of sound. he helped production become an art in itself, along with Revolver and TVU&N

Christgau is a faggot who thinks that shitty glam is superior to real music.

T O P C U C K
O
P
C
U
C
K

wow, that sounds pathetic

Remove this murderer from Sup Forums immediately

You obviously don't know much about Brian

>made me chuckle

I do like what he did with Leonard Cohen's albums. We would've gotten there anyways over time like the opening tracks from The Cure's "The Cure" but he certainly streamlined the time-line.

From mental-floss:
> But once they entered the studio, the boozy camaraderie vanished. Arguments about songs and arrangements turned vicious, and as Cohen described it, the sessions became “armed to the teeth . . . you were slipping over bullets and biting into revolvers in your hamburger.”

> One night Spector grabbed Cohen, a bottle of Manischewitz in one hand and a revolver in the other. Shoving the gun against his neck, he said, “Leonard, I love you.” Cohen slowly pushed the barrel away, replying, “I hope you do, Phil.”