The majority of atheists are really dumb and they are extremely uninformed on religious matters they wish to debate...

The majority of atheists are really dumb and they are extremely uninformed on religious matters they wish to debate about.

One of the biggest examples is how they think that the devil is supposed to be the ruler of hell and how hell would actually be a good place for a sinner because the devil loves sinners and hell is full of them.

the devil isnt supposed to be the ruler of hell, he's supposed to be a prisoner, and hell is supposed to be a prison, not "sinnercon", so nobody would be happy there.

Also, most of the arguments could be solved if they were empathetic (as in, if they considered things from the other's side POV).

Again another example:

On religious freedom and "indoctrination"; many atheist will argue "Hey its cool that you're religious, but dont try to shove that into your kid! let him choose his own religion!"

This is an extremely stupid argument from a religious person POV. It happens because the atheist is incapable of accepting that some people actually do believe in a religion and follow it, so they think that the person they're debating with, like them, doesnt think that religion is real and is only pretending, so he shouldnt have an issue with the proposed meassure (dont shove religion into your kid)

but what the atheist fails to understand, is that the person they're debating with ACTUALLY DOES BELIEVES IN HIS RELIGION, so for that person, its completely unnaceptable for his kids to follow another religion (because he is certain that his religion is the real one, and thus wouldnt let his kid follow a false one).

In other words, they lack basic debating skills. They do not inform themselves on the matters they're about to discuss and they also fail to comprehed the other person's POV.

So atheists are dumb, prove me wrong.

So my big question here is.. where do I get tickets for sinnercon?

>blog

Let me prove you wrong simply: You cant prove God exists and neither can I. That means he doesnt exist. Kill yourself and stop being so edgy

Also, do you really want to believe in a religion that tells you that your creator made you and everyone else for the sole purpose of worshiping it and giving the soul that was "given" to them by this god back to it and pleding that soul to it during their life? Doesn't that sound more like what a demon would want? are you sure that the religion you follow isn't an elaborate ongoing hoax of a now all powerful soul consuming demon and you have all completed the rituals required to give it your soul? *being saved and devoting your life, swearing your soul to the demon and praising daily to the demon*

As expected, no real replies.

This isnt about a specific religion, its merely about the atheist's many flaws during debates.

Such as what you're doing (trying to deviate the subject of the debate because you cant contradict the main proposed point).

We're not talking about the morality of religion here, or which religion is real, it was never the point of this discussion, the example provided at first is simply one of the most common occurrences with atheists who try to debate religious topics.

Why can't you all live your life ? Just suppose that we'll never know who or what created the universe because it was in the past. And since science find more and more clues that proves Bible/Quran/Tora etc were wrong (dinosaurs, earth can't be created in 6 days...), it became obvious for some people that god is just an invention.
For me, religions were created for making peace between people because they were everytime against each other due to sedentary. But if you looks how people use it these time, we don't need religions anymore.

I never click on these stupid troll religion threads on /b, but I'm bored.

As an atheist, you make atheists look bad, you idiot. Just because you can't prove something exists doesn't mean it doesn't exist. So kill yourself, faggot.

so somebody made fun of your imaginary friend and you got butthurt? is that what happened user?
>christfag calling somebody else dumb

Theres a reason religion is so powerful

top tier cancer right here
how in the fuck does some edgy faggot hop on Sup Forums and call someone edgy and tell them to kill them self in the same sentence? Jesus Christ; it's passed your fucking bedtime.

ITs not a debate when you just believe whatever the fuck you want to believe, here.. lets ask a few simple questions.

Why do you believe your religion?
Someone more than likely your parents or a pastor or one of the many wealthy owners of a religious gathering hall read to them out of a book convincing them either by fear of what may happen if the story was true or by turning the turmoil and hardship of life into a fanciful tale that made it seem easier to cope with all the problems they have.. why would they do this? to acquire many things from us, religion worldwide can control the masses to either attack a certain group of people, even a region or country.. and the amassing of wealth and pleasure.. comfort.. easy.

the real question is, why do you believe it? is there any other reason other than you feel you should because everyone else around you has told you of it? or that you attribute every event in your life as some aspect of it? *i.e. burnt toast appears to be jesus*

kek you fucking retard he made a post specifically to say you guys argue just like this, not to actually discuss your own anti-jesus shit. please, keep rattling your mouth and make your own religion look like a fucking joke. a-theism: the lack of religion. You sure fuckin' preach like you belong to one.

Im not op but science literally cant disprove religion, It's generally agreed upon that genesis isnt literal and theres actually a lot of clues that genesis is scientific as fuck i.e it even hints that evolution and genetics are a thing (that is, about 4000 years before we even knew what genetics were).

Also, the bible never states the age of the earth (I guess this is another one of those "atheists are uninformed" things) in fact, it hints at humans being present for at least 40000 years before the exodus happened

>literally proving OPs point
>my sides

to go even further on about this debate, it is usually a stipulation of all religions that it is forbidden to question anything in that religion because it is required to have "faith" that everything told to you is a fact.. without this faith in the truth of the tales, you have nothing and you are not allowed the benefits that are promised in the religion.. some even go as far as to promise physical pleasure *muslim* in exchange for that unwavering faith and to do whatever "god" commands of them.

What if I told you we haven't found an answer as to why any of this is even here? what if it was just beyond our understanding much as an ant would have no concept of how a computer program works or even what a computer program is.... it does not exist to an ant, the idea is above and beyond its reasoning.

What if the real questions you should ask yourself here, if you actually want to find anything out about yourself or anything about this world all lie within your perception of yourself and the world around you.

Think about why when you sleep you can still experience all of your senses as if you were still a body.. yet there you are, without a body.. why is this a thing? why do we even require sleep? what is this thing that makes us live and separates a live body from a dead one? it must be a spirit.

That is something we can experience.
Are there other spirits that are detached from bodies?
Could it be that they are just as varied as life on this planet or even moreso?

Why do things die in the first place?
Why do things age?
What is decay?
When we are born, why do we not remember any of it?
What are your earliest memories?
Why do some people lose memories?
Think hard about every moment you experience, try to think about how you are experiencing them, just like in a dream.

Maybe you will find something out for yourself, instead of having someone read you a story.

how the fuck is that proving it? you are like niggerballs deep inside jesus or something.

>The majority of atheists are extremely uninformed on religious matters.
Speculation.
>They think the devil is supposed to be the ruler of hell
The devil has many different roles in core christendom. Old Stan, Lucy, Beezy.
They are clearly in a position of power in hell according to some viewpoints. Of course, many other views challenge this idea.

>Indoctrination is okay
But it really is not. Even if it is the truth, blindly indoctrinating (of a child) is always wrong. You need to trust your children, you need to allow them some responsibility. Let them choose for themselves or you are seriously hindering their chances of leading a good life.

>OP says that atheists when faced with these statements will try to deviate the subject of the debate to gain higher ground again
>literally do this
>"how the fuck is that proving it?"

w-e-w

The talking snake made the rib-woman eat the magic fruit.

Scientific as fuck.

mfw

so how exactly does one debate something that you refuse to debate then and simply say "lol atheists are dumb"

What if I am not an atheist at all, what if I said I was very spiritual and I am 100% positive that all religion is shit?

does that prompt another "kek ur dumb" response?

Is that how YOU debate?
Sounds like you are the fucking faggots here.

your age is showing you pseudo-intellectual
please finish high school thanks

Propaganda as usual. So many implications. I bet I know religion better than you; thus I dislike it.

Also, who the fuck expects real answers from Sup Forums? Obvious retard.

you know, at first I thought this was bait, now I am sure its someone who totally believes this shit.
>mfw

I'd wage that I'm older than you.
Your inability to assoicate with other people is showing. You need help.

Is it really that hard for you to believe that some people just choose not to believe something without readin every testament or whatever. Maybe you wouldn't believe it either if you were living the shitty lives that they are. I don't personally don't put a lot of thought into it. But I'm a good enough person to where I believe any just God would let me into their paradise. But I also believe it's wrong to force a person to live a life of potential sorrow.

I don't understand why people even debate this anymore. Ten years ago I would have, but I was younger.
Now I view it as two side arguing over what football team is superior.

When people actually take this sort of stuff serious, discussions can be very engaing.

you may think you're being mature and contrarian but that is such an terrible, petty cliche.

Heres the thing user.

OP is saying

"Apples taste really good, and theyre full of nutrients! prove me wrong"

And you're replying with

"Yeah, apples may be good and full of nutrients,but you know the suzuki hayabusa is capable of reaching 350 kmh in just 1 minute?"

You're incapable of debating any of OP's points about atheist being generally uninformed and incapable of considering different POVs

So in other words, you're losing the debate, and to "gain control again", you completely change the subject of the debate just to gain a higher ground again.

If that sounded condescending I wasn't trying to be. Just sucks seeing people argue, and it not going anywhere.

but the subject was their religion.. and I was just asking why they believed it to begin with.. seems like the same fucking subject to me.

> some arguments by some atheists are dumb
> atheists are dumb

If you don't see the problem in your point i can't help you. You don't need to be proven wrong because you didn't made any real point.

I'll have you know I used to be a full fledged keyboard warrior atheist. Jokes asides, I've learned a lot about both sides of the argument. I just don't bother engaging in the conversations anymore.

OP never mentioned a religion though.

Christians are dumb, prove me wrong. Hurrdurr time for debates now reeeeeeeeee.

I can't believe people are actually this stupid. I don't believe in a religion and I'm an intelligent human being. Saying most or all atheists are "stupid" or "idiotic" is an unintelligent thing to say. Just because the people you have met say unintelligent things doesn't mean u can judge the mass

Go whore yourself somewhere else, cunt

If you didn't care about it, then you wouldn't be here. All you're looking for is attention for being "superior".

You're a child.

neither did I

However the devil and hell only appears in two religions.. and the op def mentioned that..

> atheists r dumb
> believes in invisible sky man for which there is no proof, the only "evidence" being extremely unbelievable stories from a long time ago
Having myself a chuckle

Wait.. I get it now, people need religion, because they are too fucking stupid to think for themselves, thanks op, bye.

You're the one getting mad over a single post.

Did your sky daddy come down and tell you to talk to us?

>the devil isnt supposed to be the ruler of hell, he's supposed to be a prisoner

This has nothing to do with why atheists don't believe or lack belief in a God/criticize religion

>that the person they're debating with ACTUALLY DOES BELIEVES IN HIS RELIGION

Wow, that's news to me. Thanks for stating the obvious. The atheist you're debating with doesn't believe in it. What's the point here

He explicitly mentioned they were just the most common examples >Missing the part where I said genesis wasnt 100% literal.

Also, heres a fun fact user: the language genesis was written on was pretty tricky and we barely knew how to translate it. The word for rib is also related to a penis in that language (I kid you not)

So the bible kind of says that the woman was created from the man's penis bone.

Now, heres the fun part user:

Male Primates have a bone in their genital area.
The only one that does not, is the human.

let that sink in m8

Grow up and stop being so defensive about your beliefs. Similarly mature and confident atheists don't give a shit about your faith or how you want to raise your children.

these are too funny omg

And I am spent, I have more somewhere but not labeled.. sorry user.. I loves me some jesus

I won't allow myself to be in an abusive relationship. If I don't live some God he will punish me? Yeah fuck that. Also why is out sewer system and play ground right next to each other? That's not intelligent design

Found the muslim

I could go through, pick each and every thing wrong with your statement out and prove it wrong, and from what I did read there is a lot, but it is two in the morning and you are not worth it. Nobody can prove shit, might be real, might not be. And we don't believe satan rules hell, we don't believe in him at all. We don't need blackmail from God or Satan to make our choices. We make them the human way and based on our own morals.

Fuck off, Jesus.

You can dismiss a claim without evidence faggot

Have you ever heard of the Marxist theory, written in the Communist Manifesto, that states that all the history of pre-existing societies are class struggles?
In this theory, Marx (and Freidrich Engels) say that ever since society started using scarce resources in order to function on a larger scale, classes emerged.
This is because with scarce resources, come those who wish to exploit these resources and acquire more of them.
Naturally, this also leads to those who acquire less of these resources.
This creates upper, more privileged classes (Aristocrats, nobility, not your mother, etc...) and lower, less privileged classes.
Naturally, nobody enjoys getting shat upon by people, let alone more privileged people.
So in order for the upper classes to not have anyone revolting against them, they claimed "divine right", thus, religion was subsequently created.
This gave the lower classes a sort of justification to their suffering, and their societal fate to serve and work for the upper classes.
Everything comes down to the economy, according to this theory.

Do I agree with everything the manifesto has to say? No, I don't. Personally, I believe that man is naturally fucked up and selfish, but this is ok because we are tied to society through bonds and relationships that suppress our dark, human passions. This is simply an intriguing thought of why religion came about, so...
...food for thought.

agnostic checking in

>believes in something that doesn't exist
>calls other people dumb

>debating
>religion
no thanks
burden of proof

Are you honestly retarded?

Yeah I dont think star wars is real, but if I'm going to discuss star wars and I'm going to talk about darth vader, I know that darth vader is a bad guy with a red lightsaber and who has a lot of control over the force.

I dont say that darth vader is a 9 inch piano playing midget with a tommy gun.

Its the exact fucking thing while discussing a religion, you're obviously not expected to believe in satan but if you try to base your argument on your poor knowledge of satan by saying he is the ruler of hell, then you're doing something very wrong son