Just marathoned this, where do I go next?

Just marathoned this, where do I go next?

I've also marathoned Hunky Dory, Ziggy Stardust, Low and "Heroes. I liked this one and Hunky Dory best desu

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!z0lggZ5D!tVZlG-cAGaNmwVcB37Fh2Q!38FmwJQB
twitter.com/AnonBabble

listen to Heroes and Low more

Space oddity

This and also lodger

When you say marathon, do you mean that you listened to the whole thing in one sitting? Its kind of weird to use such an exaggerated term to describe the usual way albums are consumed.

You should listen to Aladin Sane and even though mu will probalby shit on me for this, Earthling.

Also Blackstar is good.

Fame is a good song but the album its on is total shit.

>2016
>listening to full albums
kek

>2k16
>baiting people on internet message boards

Just marathoned the first sentence of this post, where do I go next?

Scary Monsters or Diamond Dogs

Also wondering this. If you just listened to it once, that's not nearly sufficient for this album or any of the albums you mentioned OP
The ones everyone else said plus Diamond Dogs and Scary Monsters

Blackstar

I remember when I didn't think Young Americans was a masterpiece....

>marathoned
You mean listened to?

Just marathoned this thread. Where do I go next to get my opinions on music?

Just marathoned this comment, got anything else, user?

Not sure that Scary Monsters is in the right place here but it's an accurate chart for the most part

Also Blackstar, Outside and The Next Day

ffs forgot the image

Yeah, here you go. Make sure you read this one twice so you can fully appreciate it.

>marathoned an album with six tracks

You should probably kys now

But in all seriousness, if you want a real marathon go through his entire discography. There's definitely some absolute turds in the bunch but every decade has its rewarding albums/songs. Bowie albums are all definitely grower's as well, the ones you love you'll come to worship and the ones you hate you'll find yourself coming back to and finding redemable qualities (i genuinely enjoyed 90's Bowie after a long time of not being able to stomach their production)

>marathoned
what did he mean by this?

by 'marathoned' do you mean 'listened to'?

also listen to Scary Monsters and Lodger next

>marathoned

it's a meme you dips

>Diamond Dogs glam

the only glam song on that album is Rebel Rebel

OP here the way I see it is 1 song is a sprint, 10+ is a marathon

People describing listening to a whole album as a marathon makes me feel like a crazy person for doing stuff like trying to listen to all of The Ring Cycle in one sitting or listening to all of King Crimson's discog and a bunch of live shows over the course of two days.
I thought listening to albums and whole pieces was just standard practice for Sup Forumstants not listening to a singles based genre.

top kek

I'd listen to Lodger to finish the Berlin Trilogy and then Scary Monsters because it compliments it well. If you want to hear something heavier then I'd listen to Diamond Dogs and The Man Who Sold the World. If you want well crafted catchy pop songs like on Hunky Dory and you don't mind the way the 80s sounded then listen to Let's Dance. Young Americans is good if you enjoyed the soul on Station to Station. Blackstar should definitely be listened to but I would save it for later so you can really get attached to Bowie and then get some real feels.

Excluding those if you like Nine Inch Nails style of Industrial then 1.Outside is a good album, and Earthling is worth a shot if you liked Outside.

>listening to albums and whole pieces was just standard practice
of course it is. He's just memeing.

btw here's the discography from the archive if anyone doesn't have it

mega.nz/#F!z0lggZ5D!tVZlG-cAGaNmwVcB37Fh2Q!38FmwJQB

David Bowie discography (320)

>Station To Station not connected to Young Americans.

A L L O F I T

Every single album he ever made*.
No sleep. Only David Bowie

Now THAT'S A marathon.

*(Note: Minus Pinups and Never Let Me Down).

This and then Heathen and Lodger.

Seven Years in Tibet is his most underrated song.

Fame is one of the weaker songs on the album especially if we're talking about the 2007 special edition whose three extra songs bump it from good to truly great.
Young Americans, Fascination, Win, It's Gonna Be Me, Who Can I Be Now? all fucking great songs.
Somebody Up There and Right are good too.

I find the lack of Heathen in this thread disturbing.