What keeps an atheist from murdering and stealing all they want? The fear of reprisal...

What keeps an atheist from murdering and stealing all they want? The fear of reprisal? Is the fear of prison the only thing preventing an utter breakdown of society by those with no moral compass?

>Is the fear of hell the only thing preventing an utter breakdown of society by those with no moral compass?

why not rape and steal and pillage and whatever else and then just ask your god for forgiveness? isn't that how your shit works anyway?

Your a faggot and every one hates you. Finally took the shitty bait but honestly go kill yourself.

believing in ghost stories and transcribed oral histories from humanities ignorant past does not make you a moral person.

The whole "there is no morality without consequences" is a red herring.

You have about 30 chances a day to steal from various places, but most people don't. Because most people aren't complete assholes.

I don't need to read an incredibly boring book and sit in a room once I week to know not to be a dick.

We're all in this together, user.

>hurr durr just dont be an asshole
why?????

Do religious people get their morals fro thousands of years old books? Those books usually condone things in soceity many would not find acceptable. Are they going to do those things because the can?

I know I'm bumping it but don't answer to shitty baiting.
Or better yet, everyone take a pic everytime he does it, and the only answer he can get when he shitpost will be that pic. (updated everytime)

There's no moral compass with religion as is, kekkerskatez

bc u put urself at risk for a beating for a couple bucks maybe. cost benefit analysis jewbait

Understanding that correct action helps you and everyone at the same time, and helping others helps yourself

It's fucking obviously bait but fuck man..user posts this everyday multiple times a day. The bullshit religious questions don't agitate me as much as this faggot posting it nonstop all day every day.

There he is. There he goes again. Look, everyone! He posted it once again! Isn’t he just the funniest guy around?! Oh my God.I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark, lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room, giggling like a like girl as you once again type your little ATHEIST BAIT thread up and fill in the captcha. Or maybe you don’t even fill in the captcha. Maybe you’re such a disgusting NEET that you actually paid for a Sup Forums pass, so you just choose the picture. Oh, and we all know the picture. The “epic” ATHEISM guy, isn’t it? I imagine you little shit laughing so hard as you click it that you drop your Doritos on the floor, but it’s ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh, that’s right. Did I fail to mention? You live with your mother. You are a fat fucking fuckup, she’s probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all goddamn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on Sup Forums posting about a fucking GIRL FROM THE NEVERENDIN STORY. Just imagine this. She had you, and then she thought you were gonna be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand, and then you became a NEET. A pathetic ATHEISMfag NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can’t even try to talk with you because all you say is “WHY CAN'T ATHEISTS DEFINE ATHEISM?” You’ve become a parody of your own self. And that’s all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he’s done a million times now. And that’s all you’ll ever be.

TFW you find out she's a middle aged paki.

u wanna fuck?
id fuck u all day :)

hes going to post it again in a few minutes

are you going to respond to that one as well

Yeh this guy is malignant af

She not Pakistani you dumbass, she is Iranian

because you dont want to get beat up or shot
you want people to be nice to you, and so you are nice to them
it's really that simple

this is the dumbest thread i've seen in forever

Empathy

Hey OP, are you the originator of this thread, I mean like did you come up with it? Or are you like a Clone of the originator. My uncle says that he stated posting this in 2004. Who's right OP?

Sandnigger either way.

Rate my tattoo guise

Iranians are Persian not Arabs

I wouldn't enjoy being murdered or burgled. I am a human with empathy. I can imagine that it must also not be enjoyable for someone else to get murdered or burgled by me. Burgled.

A moral compass doesn't need to be much more than thinking about the consequences of your actions.
When it comes to religion, however, people are being told that they're special and chosen and can be forgiven, regardless of their actions. Make a promise to a book = zero accountability.

Buttmad sandnigger detected.

I think these thrEads are comical because you can tell who is a butthurt Christian and who is a SJW gender fluid, non binary coconut demiglass person of color. Who really gives a shit? People are people
So why should it be
You and I should get along so awfully
So we're different colours
And we're different creeds
And different people have different needs
It's obvious you hate me
Though I've done nothing wrong
I've never even met you so what could I have done
I can't understand
What makes a man
Hate another man
Help me understand
Help me understand
Now you're punching
And you're kicking
And you're shouting at me
I'm relying on your common decency
So far it hasn't surfaced
But I'm sure it exists
It just takes a while to travel
From your head to your fists

>typical uneducated, illiterate ameifag detected

>buttmad sandnigger
>hates America
Sounds right.

>illiterate ameifag
top kek

Because I have empathy.
Having things taken from you and never returned hurts.
I don't like inflicting pain because of a natural tendency to avoid pain (and pursue pleasure ;3). I know my fellow lifeforms also have this tendency. We are of the same star-stuff and from the same Earth. We evolved together. We are a a planet we are one.
As a part of something, hurting that something hurts me.
I don't need anything to dominate me with the idea of doing good to avoid punishment.
It's innate.
Even my reptile brain understands that the need for fight or flight is greatly diminished by not being a dick.

Actually we just still value people like anyone else. We also understand how precious life is.

Did you mean ETROPY?

No.
And if you meant to spell entropy... still no.

A TROPHY or ENTROPY?

>What keeps an atheist from murdering and stealing all they want?
Common sense and criminal laws, dickweed.
"Godless" doesn't mean you don't have morals.
Do Unto Others and all that jazz.

Given this secular perspective on why it's a good idea not to be an asshole; I do believe in an omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, deity that created everything, and expresses as everything past, present, future, space-timeless dimensions, parallel timelines, universes, ect.
I just hate how religious people assume that a person can be disconnected from the infinite and the all by not subscribing to the beliefs of people from millenia ago.

Every person is a different perspective in space/time.
Without the circumstances of those unique placements of conscious awareness, we are all the same.

Because we have free will and predetermination at the send time

What keeps a christian from murdering and stealing all they want? The fear of reprisal? Is the fear of an eternity of suffering the only thing preventing an utter breakdown of society by those with no moral compass?