How crippling is your tinnitus Sup Forums?

How crippling is your tinnitus Sup Forums?

non existant

Not too bad, I can only hear it when it's relatively silent in the room, and even then it's more mildly annoying than anything.

Gives me a headache sometimes. But it ain't too bad

its usually pretty bearable, music drowns out the ringing so that helps

I had tinnitus when I was a kid but nothing now, what does it mean?

Just realized that maybe I should say how I have it as well. Pretty much like with some extreme flare ups I don't know if I could live with if they stayed forever.

It means you won the lottery of life user.

what do you mean by this?

When I was a kid I used to always have my songs on max volume, but don't do it anymore.
Maybe it was the same to you?

WHAT

Army vet here.
Gunshots and explosions and constantly running generators and loud military vehicles have fucked up my ears.

Still really scared of having permanent tinnitus because of swans
Can I get permanent damage from one concert too loud without protection ?

Yes you can user. I regret going to Dreamhack without protection myself. It was one of the "tinnitus upgrades" I received so far that I can identify.

I almost get anxiety just thinking about being invited out to a club or bar or any other obnoxiously loud place.

Occasional headaches, also it's slightly annoying to listen to high frequencies.

Friendly reminder to not take aspirin with tinnitus it will get worse

Same, but i do have to keep a fan on at night for background noise.

>tfw air force
This is the most boring mundane useless shit I've ever seen. The culture is also horrible, bunch of blue falcons and it's being drilled into trainees heads now in bmt to rat. 3/4 through my first enlistment and once it's done I'm re-enlisting in the army and continuing the tanking dynasty my family has had for generations

i dont like loud sounds or fans / buzzing noises. it's ok. I can sleep at night.

If there's a god, tinnitus is his way of getting people to accept death. I'm too afraid to kill myself and there's no way I'd leave my gf behind so I just deal with it.

Went to a concert and got a slightly upgraded ringing. I feel like it should've been worse but I'm lucky, I guess. Nowadays, I just delude myself into thinking my ringing is coming from some external source. You either get used it or go insane. I wouldn't wish this suffering upon anyone. Now I'm just holding out for a cure that'll never come.

just kill me pls

So this has just kicked in proper the past 2 weeks. I can hear it over music at full volume, and I can't sleep because of it. One of those things you think you'll never succumb to. Something approaching hellish.

Daytime, I only hear like a half hour of ringing on average, a lot of time it's pretty mild.
The only bad thing is, when it's late and I go to sleep, or when I try to listen to music on headphones, it starts sounding really painfull and loud.
So it's doable I guess. It sucks that I now only can listen to music live or via stereo