How can other musicians possibly compete?

how can other musicians possibly compete?

With a better PR team

yeah he makes the amazing post avant garde jazz fusion and is an essential listen for anyone looking to get into the genre

also I just noticed Taylor Swift is in the picture as well. funny

that guy looks like shit
seriously, he has potential to look good but why is he wearing something a 10 year old would wear

not possible desu

taylor's PR team somehow managed to turn one of the most widely ridiculed women in pop music into a force to be reckoned with

new album when

his clothes are fine, it's his neck that looks weird

literal perfection

>his clothes are fine
reddit pls

What pants do you suggest he wear?

Maybe he is wearing a looser pair of jeans instead of tighter pants because he doesn't like the discomfort they give his testicles and he doesn't want to risk testicular torsion or swelling of the vas deferens as a result of restricted groin space

are we looking at the same picture? he's literally just wearing a work shirt and blue jeans

>how can other musicians possibly compete with her daddy;s money
ftfy

I guess the person you responded to is pretentious enough to think that everyone should wear clothes as artsy and weird and 'cool' as him.

Well most compete by making music that's actually good

Forgive me, I forgot this place is full of underage kids

No he's right he looks like a large child, also exaggerated muscles emphasize this

you PR people think you're spreading her on here for profits
But best case scenario we'll just download it for free

So correct me if I'm wrong, but apparently
wearing normal/not that fashionable clothes = childish?
I thought I was on mu and not on fa

Oh you mean word of mouth promotion?

I doubt the dude gives a shit and is probably doing fine
Most guys that dress like that are just working dudes with a normal life
Most guys really don't care about fashion at all and for most guys it actually does not matter as long as you don't look like a slob

Its irrelevant what board we are on, taste is taste..
and I think we can all agree there is nothing worse than bad taste

what if I tell you that you are the one with bad taste faggot

sorry for being off topic, but did she get a boobjob or something? I swear her boobs were allot smaller

It's not even bad taste, just forgettable and mediocre.
The equivalent of someone having boring taste, listening to dadrock and some grunge. Not equivalent to having bad taste and listening to crunkcore and electro-swing.
If you really shit on people who don't care about music much for having boring taste then you're retarded. And it's the same with fashion.

Having some sense of fashion is crucial to everything from getting a date to scoring interviews. Dressing better will improve anyone's attractiveness rating by atleast 3 points, if not more. Sup Forums autists outside of /fa/ seem to no grasp this concept (I don't browse /fa/ just for the record).

It seems like the average internet manchild dresses in poorly fitting polos/ graphic tees and faded out jeans/cargos, and then promptly try to make fun of neckbeards for wearing the same things.

flat ass

steve looks like Sup Forums and ryan looks like reddit

this whole picture is shit

When you have good taste everything below is bad taste

>being stylish is reddit
>looking like a dad is Sup Forums
W E W
E
W

the best kind of ass

>he thinks either of them are stylish
/fa/ kids LOL what a pathetic board

>green elf pants
>le menswear fashun

this retard isn't from /fa/ he just went shopping at h&m for the first time yesterday

>20 post discussion about not Taylor Swift, but what some guy in the background's wearing

as if i didn't have enough proof that Sup Forums was the gayest board

If you're going out for the night or expect to be around professionals that you could actually talk to about opportunities obviously that's a different thing. This guy looks like he's at or on his way to work so I think you could cut him some slack.
Besides, it's really not always a huge deal. When I go to the bar with friends I usually either wear basketball shorts, a solid colored t-shirt and flip-flops or jeans, work boots, and a solid colored t-shirt and I have been hit on/groped by attractive women on numerous occasions. And I'm not even that good looking.

the thing is you don't know when you'll find those opporunities, it could be just around the corner
also
>I usually either wear basketball shorts, a solid colored t-shirt and flip-flops or jeans, work boots, and a solid colored t-shirt and I have been hit on/groped by attractive women on numerous occasions. And I'm not even that good looking.
lol, do you post on fit or something

>wanting discussion about Taylor Swift
fuck off to your waifu threads waifufag

well talk about taylor once she is attractive or makes good music, alright?

her music is acclaimed and bought by more people than your fave.

yeah, and so is nickelback. your point being?

Argumentum ad populum

The cold hard facts about Taylor Swift:

>Taylor Alison Swift's father, Scott Kingsley Swift, was a financial advisor, and her mother, Andrea Gardner (née Finlay) Swift, was a homemaker who worked previously as a mutual fund marketing executive.[2]:1
Mommy and Daddy's money, father was a third generation stockbroker

> In 2003, Swift and her parents started working with New York-based music manager Dan Dymtrow. With his help, Swift modelled for Abercrombie & Fitch as part of their "Rising Stars" campaign
Groomed to be a model since she was a child.

>Swift worked with experienced Music Row songwriters such as Troy Verges, Brett Beavers, Brett James, Mac McAnally, and The Warren Brothers.[25][26] They began meeting for two-hour writing sessions every Tuesday afternoon after school.[28]
Tutored by proffessional songwriters

>Swift caught the attention of Scott Borchetta, a DreamWorks Records executive who was preparing to form his own independent record label, Big Machine Records. She became one of the first signings, and her father purchased a three percent stake in the fledgling company at an estimated cost of $120,000.
Mommy and Daddy literally bought the label so it would sign her.

>Scott Borchetta spent two years working as an independent promoter before working in promotion and artist development at several other record labels, including MCA Nashville Records, DreamWorks Nashville and Universal Music Nashville.[6]
>A different form of payola has been used by the record industry through the loophole of being able to pay a third party or independent record promoters ("indies"; not to be confused with independent record labels), who will then go and "promote" those songs to radio stations. Offering the radio stations "promotion payments," the independents get the songs that their clients, record companies, want on the playlists of radio stations around the country.
His job was literally to bribe radio, television and other media to play his label's music.

>His job was literally to bribe radio, television and other media to play his label's music.

payola is popular as hell in the music industry.

>They began meeting for two-hour writing sessions every Tuesday afternoon after school.[28]
>Tutored by proffessional songwriters

She had been writing since she was 12. Her talent was already there. She wrote the album "Speak Now" all by herself.

She is just another PRODUCT. This people can make another one like it's nothing.

Fucking underagies, man

>
she gotta have booty too

>artsy clothes
What? The guy is dressed pretty poorly btw

I think you meant to say she's been working (grinding if the vgame lingo means anything to you) on songwriting since 12. How old is she now?

"Talent" is the classic excuse to give up because you don't want to work for it. Just give up, user. You're not willing to make something for more than two weeks without bailing out, right honey? Do us a favor and bail out of life.

If Ryan is reddit, he has all my upvotes, good sir :^)

What the fuck are you talking about retard?

>I think you meant to say she's been working (grinding if the vgame lingo means anything to you) on songwriting since 12. How old is she now?
>
>"Talent" is the classic excuse to give up because you don't want to work for it. Just give up, user. You're not willing to make something for more than two weeks without bailing out, right honey? Do us a favor and bail out of life.

This was supposed to answer, Jesus Christ I suck

It's never just her and her "talent". The people she got as mentors. The people she met. The investors that back her up while she was still getting to the top.

That story about Taylor isn't like Michael Jackson's? There's a reason they mostly never have giants like these in the same time...

Underagies always over simplify stuff. Got it, "retard"?

/fa/ classic

me on the left

>payola is popular as hell in the music industry.
>that makes it right!
>She had been writing since she was 12.
With the help of professional songwriters

120k? lol more like 20k her dad invested in his talented daughters future by buying some office furniture and studio equipment and it payed off

when THE FUCK did this bitch get titties

Tell me that's a wax figure

wrong ugly. she's been writing since twelve on her own till she made her own demo at 14 which she personally delivered to country radio stations all across the country which got Sony label execs interested in her where they invited her to new york for a songwriters convention where they signed her as their youngest songwriter ever @ 14. They wanted her to lock her in to a contract where she would sing other peoples songs and not debut till she was 18, she trusted her gut and backed out because she wanted to sing her own music. She went back to performing in cafes and dive bars where Scott discovered her and THEN she was signed to an independent label which her father got off the ground in exchange for the promise she would have her own creative control. She may have been rich already but she hustled for everything she has

that's the real taytay

[citation needed]