ITT: Ask a recently diagnosed schizophrenia anything

ITT: Ask a recently diagnosed schizophrenia anything.

>inb4 kill yourself.

Do you see things or hear them? How do you cope ?

Which type of Schizophrenia do you have?

Am I one of your voices?

WHY DON'T YOU LISTEN TO THE VOICES?
THEY'RE RIGHT ABOUT KILLING THEM ALL.

Do you have friends?

Both. My visual hallinucations is mostly shadows and people in the corner of my eyes (and they usually disappear with i look at them), but they come quite often.

And for the audiotory hallinucations it's mostly when im out in public or when im around people i don't know. Sometimes when i hear music the lyrics change to something negative about me.

How do you cope with the fact you're schizophrenic now?
How do you handle your eeveryday life now?
I want to know as much as I can I find mental-problems really intresting.

Yeah! I have a few, and they know about it. They are mostly very helpful and are keeping me company so that i forget about the voices and the "company" (that's what i call the shadows.

how does it feel?

i checkout for some of the symptoms for Schizotypal personality disorder, its unlikely that i have it though..

anyways, i've started hearing voices, and they don't feel "natural". but they might be attributed to racing thoughts

It was a real bummer when i was diagnosed (got diagnosed last week). It changed everything, because now i'm "labeled" as a nutjob. a mental case... before i was just a normal person, who tought that everybody was hearing voices and seeing shadows and people that werent there,.

Another schizophrenic.

Join tumblr already.

Also, kill yourself. If you haven't noticed, behind the door there's 4 sets of eyes alternating their constant watch over you.

The government already keeps tab of all you write, and your family is planning to ship you off.

The whispers you're hearing just confirms that soon, they're coming for you. Not if they come, but when. You'll never see the light of day again.

What made you search for a diagnosis?

How old are you?

You know what to do

Don't say anything else, or he'll escape.

do you mean that you had it for a much longer time?
if yes then what is the first time you experienced the voices and shadows?

You got it wrong buddy! I'm not paranoid or anything. I don't think people are out to get me or anything. I simply hear voices in my head everyday, that tells me that im worthless, fat, that i should kill myself.

Everytime i see someone in public etc. i can literally see them all looking at me and smiling, and laughing (even tough i know they dont). I feel that I am the center of everything and everybody is laughing at me and are thinking that im a fucking failure. I litterally fucking hate my life, and i am 100 percent sure i would have killed myself if my mother and my siblings didnt care.

Can I ask more about the shadows in the corner?... like anything.. experiencing that quite often for a last 3 years.. speaking t yourself is to it too?

They don't care. They have to pretend they do, so when you kill yourself, it won't look like the bullied you.

i'm soon to be 19 (in a couple of days)
have had it like i was 7 (as far i can remember).
the voices started out lowkey, and builded up in my head! now im fucking lucky if i can go 10 minutes without someone yelling into my ear that i don't deserve to die.

the most terrerifying thing about it, is that i know nobody is there. but i hear them.

it's come to a point where i would scratch myself in the face and hit myself everytime the voices gets too loud or there is too many of them

what about a job ? how do you financially functioning?

the shadows are just standing there, sometimes pointing fingers (it's like i can see everything (like it's actually people they arent blurry, just plain black)

they also talk to me, laughing at me, telling me that i am weak and pathetich.

i dropped out of school due to this. i don't have a job, i live at home and are waiting to see a psychiatrist so that i hopefully can get hospitalized.

what do you do now daily?

Have you ever gotten into meditation? If so does it help with the voices?

how did your friends take it when you had to drop out ?

sleep as much i can! and when i can't sleep, i'm usually doing anything i can to get theese voices away from me. my life right now is nothing but about getting rid of this shit. i know it sounds weird.

Did you used to do drugs OP? I'm 20 and I was diagnosed schizophrenia last year, but I had been smoking pot heavily since 16. I've never heard voices or seen things but I get anxiety attacks that become psychotic episodes and I feel like someone else is thinking my thoughts for me. I never did any hallucinogen and I'm sure if I would've I would've lost my shit completely.

only my closests friends know this! the others think that its because i couldnt keep up in school.

can you play games just to ignore them ? and how does music sound?

Stop doing drugs and believing the fucking psychiatric shills. You are pretending to be ill and believe it to the point of delusion

kys

>has cancer
>worse everyday

Stop feeling so shitty, I know you're faking that your body is shutting down, to the point of death.

i smoked hashish and skunk for 2 years (stopped last year)
i stopped because i got so paranoid that i sometimes would just break down crying in the middle of the street when i was smoking with friends.

i also did shrooms 2 times this year! it was crazy, but it actually kinda helped me. in my shroom trip i could actually talk with all theese shadows and voices in my head! it was like they became actually persons in front of me, and i asked them why they were out for me, and they simply vanished 1 by 1 in front of my eyes.

when i play games it helps, because i have to concentrate on the game, that i barely notice the voices!

music often change lyrics, and would sound something like "we all hate you, you dont belong in this world" etc. (this was just one of many examples

Yeah, I've heard you can get good experiences and help from psychedelics, but tbh I'm too scared to try.

Schizophrenia is a social construct.

If you are hearing voices in your head you should probably consider what they are saying and what is generating these thoughts.

It is all in your control, vision is in the eye of the perceiver. If you see it, it is "real".

Now, whether these things you are seeing / hearing APPLY to the realm of normal human function is what needs to be decided in your mind.

Do these things you perceive that others don't feel real? If so, then they are.

The key to taming this bullshit diagnosis of psychosis, schizophrenia, etc. is to realize that the entire here and now is simultaneously being created and percieved within all of us, some choose to give into the cultural mass-hallucination that IS western society.

I choose to make my own reality and have never found more peace of mind and felt a "grip" to this existence, for example I can choose to partially partake in this mass hallucination for short periods of time and play the game to get enough federal reserve notes to survive and buy me more weed.

Also meditation and classical psychedelics help everything literally.

do it man. do it with your close friends in a chill environment. honestly, it couldn't get worse, only better. do shrooms, not LSD. do extensive research if you decide to do them

You sound autistic af

be around no one at all. no one, all alone.

there is nothing to fear, are you afraid of death by astonishment?

you're a retard. you have some fair points, but a mental disease that has empirical evidence to back it up is not a social construct

please don't listen to this person, mental illness is real and this person obviously is not taking medication that helps. I am seriously mentally ill but can maintain healthy relationships and a job when i take my meds so I do.

op here.

i'm not afraid of death! i actually look forward to it. i'm very amused by the tought that when you die you don't know what will happen, since nobody have survived to tell.

this is pretty great advice
if only that church janitor hadn't murdered his family out of trying to save them from damnation and spare them from the apocalypse hadn't known mental disorders were just a construct and just listened to the voices from under the floorboards REALLY wanted to tell him. It was probably something nice and encouraging.

>labeled
But you are.

yeah! but before i wasn't! i didn't know i was sick, i didn't think about it as a disease. i just coped with it, if you know what i mean.

actually, there are testimonies of people that were dead for 10 mins, and they said there's nothing only void. you're not conscious but you just are. supposedly. unless being dead for more than 10 mins is different

I just have a better understanding of reality than you as a result of using psychedelics. The ego is a concept, it an be programmed and tuned in any which way. When the ego becomes destabilized, people freak out and think they are going insane because you have been PROGRAMMED to believe that your ego is anything more than a mere concept.

You are partaking in a cultural mass-hallucination that involves the social constructs of "money" , "family", "relationshis", "boundaries", and a primitive language we call english that allows little to no communication of the abstract.

I never implied to do what the voices said. I said to listen to what they have to say, I.E they are talking in your head and you cannot stop it, just listen to the sheer absurdity of the voices and the hallucination will cease to exist in the realization of it's own futility.

i'm sorry m8, you're delusional. i don't partake in those social constructs you mentioned, at least not in a traditional way.

>what is philosophy

BUT, i do agree about your EGO reasoning, its on point. but imho, you're a tin foil kind of guy because of all them drugs. granted i only took shrooms twice

Do you actually see people and experience events that don't exist or is it just auditory hallucinations? Also do you hear good ass original music from it sometimes?

op here.

as i mentioned before i do see people that arent there, but mostly in the form of shadows.

when im out in public among people i don't know i can see them stare at me and hear them laughing and hear them talking shit about me

and for music, the lyrics often change to be about me. something negative. that's why i started making my own music, and i rarely hear other music than my own, because for some reason my own voice dont change.

philosophy is a social construct.

you are under the influence of your own hallucination, thus when someone chooses to be under their own hallucination that is substantially different from yours in every way fundamentally, your mind loses its ability to even comprehend this persons reality, thus they are deemed "delusional", "far-out", "psychotic"

you guys really need to do some actual independent thinking about the foundations of your life. Go eat some mushrooms, what is there to fear? It's a 5HT-2A agonist, meaning that if anything, a person becomes temporarily more "sane" by down-regulation of these receptors if your definition of "consciousnous" simply being a bunch of neurotransmitters with no reason is true.

I see

Have you had an out-of-body experience aka astral projection?

we all emerged from a sea of insanity and the ego is an iceberg many people choose to cling onto for a short period of time until they sink back into the sea of nothingness once again.

this would normally occur during a natural death, however we have people doped beyond the point of feeling a thing when they are dying in modern society.

Most people do not even undergo ego death before their physical death sadly because of all the ativan and morphine they have stuffed in them

i once went into surgery (i had this bacteria in my inner ear that was eating my bones in my skull), and i swear for a minute or two i could see my self being operated on from above. i could hear everything that the doctors were talking about. but the creepy part was that i could see my mother crying beside me. i asked her, but she wasen't even in the operation-room anytime during the sugery,

pls stop with the social construct meme. everything is an illusion. even the fact that you think you're not living in an illusion, is an illusion. marriage and families are a social construct. philosophy is to the mind, what physics is to nature. if you can't accept that, you can't be anything but delusional. im not trying to persuade you into thinking differently, do whatever works for you, just don't think you've despooked yourself because of hallucinogens. all that is, is a different reality through, as you mentioned, changing how neurotransmitters work. that doesn't mean your reality is the only true reality

How does it feel to have an attention seeking condition that doesn't exist?

Rough day at school, champ?

have you killed anyone yet?

>look at me guys i took a psychedelic that only degenerates use and now im so deepful XD

exactly.

I simply choose not to partake in your reality.

schizophrenia cannot exist because all realities are valid as they are percieved, everything that is percieved is "real" and everything that isn't is "fake"

it boils down to that mr. philosophical genius, you are ignorant to think it is a meme it is the mere reality.

Reality == Perception and vise versa

i don't know if it exists or not. i can only tell my expierences with it. and as i told you. i could for all i now just be a dream im in, and every minute i would wake up and be totally normal.

still waiting tough.

Cool dude!

Are you hearing or seeing anything as you type this?

Also, dude. Have you ever done meditation? I've heard that it can trigger or worsen schizophrenia. Or maybe it helps- I don't actually know.

Hey OP I was diagnosed schizoaffective about 3 years ago. It was tough for a while but once I got the meds cocktail right life suddenly went back to normal. I had crazy hallucinations and delusions.

>I just have a better understanding of reality than you as a result of using psychedelics. The ego is a concept, it an be programmed and tuned in any which way. When the ego becomes destabilized, people freak out and think they are going insane because you have been PROGRAMMED ....

bro chill out, people have been through your phase before this is nothing new for a lot of people. Coming out and just saying it like some dimwit trying to prove he knows something (that's ego btw) is disgraceful.

Ego is a concept? Fried rice is a concept, the word 'The' is a concept, geopolitics is a concept. When you realize that your opinions on which 'constructs' exist less than other 'constructs' is useless, and only which constructs you can make for yourself is worthwhile, you'll start using other 'constructs' to describe human emotions and ideas. Until then, you're just another pretentious hyper realist.

Don't give out mental health help until you can understand how helpful a construct is, like the blueprints of your house? Then contradict them.

I'm daydreaming so I must obviously be schizophrenic as well rite?

>look at me guys i used drugs like the piece of shit i am and now im so smart and profound and deep xDDDd

define degenerate? would steve jobs fall into this category? what about nearly every single one of you favorite musicians and a CONSIDERABLE portion of the fucking population?

You just are so lost in your hallucination that you cannot even recognize you are trapping yourself, its quite hilarious sitting here reading these responses to be entirely honest because our language is far too basic to even hold an adequate "debate" about such topics.

the belief that you are sane exposes your own insanity. think about it :)

right now im sitting in my room, and the lights are dim. i don't really hear anything right now (except the voices telling me which buttons to click on, which makes it kinda hard to type as they tend to yell it all at the same time).

>they also talk to me, laughing at me, telling me that i am weak and pathetich.
>Strange shadow people telling you things.
>Not asking them for advise
>Not laughing with them and shurgging it off
>"Haha, go one shadowguy 2"
>not asking them where the rabbit hole is so you can join them

Oh come on man, this is worse than the first human contact with aliens being, "Fuck off space nigger"

They are trying to make contact with you, acknowledge them!

Alright, well hang in there bro, there is hope, and you are loved. I want you to be fine.

What about meditation?

>schizophrenia cannot exist because all realities are valid as they are percieved, everything that is percieved is "real" and everything that isn't is "fake"

you just proved that schizophrenia exists. if you can't perceive it as such, it doesn't mean that it's not real. it is real, just not for you. and for me, i prefer to consciously alter my reality, although i do intend to try LSD and DMT

>would steve jobs fall into this category

Except you're not Steve Jobs, you're just another faggot browsing Sup Forums

>what about nearly every single one of you favorite musicians and a CONSIDERABLE portion of the fucking population?

They also eat and drink water. I do the same as well. I must obviously be talented as they are.

>You just are so lost in your hallucination that you cannot even recognize you are trapping yourself, its quite hilarious sitting here reading these responses to be entirely honest because our language is far too basic to even hold an adequate "debate" about such topics.

Says the drug addict

>the belief that you are sane exposes your own insanity. think about it :)

oh mane 2deep4me

nah! everytime i relax (i have tried to lucid dream a couple of time), they tend to be more aggressive and voilent. so i usually keep myself active and tend to do stuff as most as i can. (go for a run, cycle, lift, fix the garden, clean the house, etc). it's very hard for me to relax.

this sums it up
just shut up man, you don't know how the brain works or how hard it is for people to deal with their health problems. It's pretty simple, unless you know the make and build of every human specimen, you'll never know how unique their problem is and just saying 'construct' a million times isn't helping you or anyone else.

People have real issues and you're a perfect newb for trying to state differently and giving out health advice online.
i'm really just hoping you're underage at this point, which is sad given the drugs you boast taking.

humans do not NEED "houses" to live nor were we created / evolved to a point of requiring such a thing

your argument has no basis. thats all im pointing out is that all realities are equally valid and calling someone crazy and shunning them for thinking differently is nothing less than absolute madness.

>this is what some people actually believe

You sound like an inexperienced druggie who thinks he's suddenly smart because he thinks knows the secrets of the universe

>teh ppl must know xD

>ur language is far too basic to even hold an adequate "debate" about such topics.

this, sounds like it's the first time he's tried to argue his new perceptive reality online. And he chose a mental health thread. ffs

Haha this.

Who are you ?

no you are a simple creature of practical use and application with little-no grip on the abstract which is all that really matters as everything is temporary.

>just shut up man, you don't know how the brain works or how hard it is for people to deal with their health problems.

I suffered horrible panic attacks my entire young / teenage life and was constantly druggged out on pharmaceutical BS to "treat the "panic disorder".

panic disorder is programmed into you by society - a heart palpitation , a moment where you notice shortness of breathe. it sets off a full blown stage of panic for most that can last days on end and be hell-like, i have been through more with mental health than any off you know. psychedelics simpyly reinforced my grip on reality.

The cure to panic disorder is to stop thinking. your ego is generating every thought and sensation of panic you are percieving and you are fighting fire with fire. LOGIC.

sounds like someone likes to draw assumptions rather than derail an argument at it's roots, comeon throw your gigantic book of knowledge at me here?

You are simply afraid to look inwards, that is where the contra-indications lie.

BTW ALL human ancestors have been druggies in every way imaginable and drugs have influenced the development of every culture heavily.

the modern human has been dwelling in shelters for literally millions of years, we've had clothing for over 40,000 years, don't you think that that's affected the genepool? calling it a construct now is like saying a gecko's false tail is a construct of his habitat 1,000 years before things stopped trying to eat him.

>realities are equally valid and calling someone crazy and shunning them for

I'm calling someone crazy, and shunning them? What the fuck?

Nice trips.
Nice trips?

Look at the drug addict let's laugh at him

>BTW ALL human ancestors have been druggies in every way imaginable and drugs have influenced the development of every culture heavily.

Except you're not a human ancestor or a leader, you're just a faggot browsing Sup Forums

You are so fucking cool

ITT a roleplayer posts about having schizophrenia. Actual schizotypal here, this does not mean I'm schizophrenic, just means I need to be prepared to be.

This fucking idiot thinks hallucinations are what schizophrenia is. That isn't even the primary sympom of/issue with having schizophrenia or typically comorbid disorders.

>Sometimes when i hear music the lyrics change to something negative about me.
that's legitimately horrifying

what do they typically say?

im sorry friend, panic disorder is not "programmed" into you by society. this shit happens due to genetical factors or, more likely, due to a traumatic event and/or bad parenting. if something is programmed, that implies its done on purpose. in that sense, people are programmed that multiculturalism is cool and that nothing is wrong with the world. thats called propaganda. and im sorry you took drugs, but that's poor judgement of your parents and doctor. panic disorders shouldn't be treated with drugs, who only distort reality and make you a zombie.

so what's schizophrenia by your standards?

>I had crazy hallucinations and delusions.
elaborate if you don't mind

Panic disorders are the equivalent to a female claiming PTSD from twitter

>kid does psychadelics
>totally disregards real psychological problems as constructs
>tries to explain his perception
>people generally agree, but call him a newfag anyways, he gets angry, continues to enforce how enlightened he has become
>people still agreeing but steering him out because it's irrelevant to the thread and possibly harmful
>continues to argue constructs
>LOGIC

If a man took a hammer to your braincase, and you survived, half the man you were before, I lifted the hammer again, would you flinch? Is fear a construct o'enlightened one?
What you tell yourself at night to keep your shambled mind in one working piece isn't precisely the same information everyone else needs to make their lives better.

You're not schizo. You're just fat, depressed and have low self esteem. Stay alive, walk more. Eat less and the mental stuff will burn out in a few years

By medical standards you fucking mongoloid. Did TV tell you they hear voices in their head? Schizophrenia is closer to impaired sense reception that changes to hypersensitivity on a whim. This can cause you to imagine things, but imagining things is not what schizophrenia is.

I bet you're one of those uneducated fucking idiots who thinks people that clean their room when it gets messy have OCD. Take any psych 101 course, be it AP in high school (if you're there) or a collegiate freshman elective.