ITT: Dadrock bands that utterly eviscerate their 21st century indie equivalents

I'll start with Fleetwood vs just about every folk-tinged indie rock band with an eclectic discography.

>tfw your album is so strong that you didn't even think to release "Landslide" as a single.

I'm looking at YOU, neutral milk hotel...

I never "got" Fleetwood Mac as a kid, now I unironically consider them to be one of the top 5 bands of all times. Rumours is just about as perfect of an album as anyone has ever released.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZHTI31XuQxk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

well what's so great about them

Classic Dad Rock coming through!

Naw fleetwood mac is hot garbage and rumors is probaly the most overrated album of all time

peter green's fleetwood mac was great

They're nothing special stylistically, at first, but their songwriting is Paul McCartney-good, their production rivalled Steely Dan, and their musicianship rivalled Genesis at its peak.

Their style just grows on you unlike any other group that I've gotten into. It's like listening to Thriller or Off The Wall a bunch of times, it sounds like background pop at first, until you really get into it and see just how flawlessly put together it is.

70s Stevie Nicks was also a god-tier frontwoman

Power Chords: The Album (Now with more basic, uninspired material!)

Jackson Brown is like NMH if NMH was good.

DUBS CONFIRM

the beach boys are everything animal collective wished they were

fleetwood mac is too good to be dadrock

They're momrock.

Source: my mom loves them.

Is it you pinkchartman?

bruce ofc

I listen to dadrock more than any other genre/era of music but you just sound like a hater op.

moms are patrician

is it dadrock?

my mom loves them too

>I'm looking at YOU, neutral milk hotel...
That is also dadrock you idiot

I don't think you know the skill of these musicians or the point they were trying to come across

I used to really love this album and i kindof burnt out on it. We get it. The faeries wear boots. We believe you. Just shut the fuck up at this point.

You're focusing too much on the comedy relief.

a qt who used to crush on me loves them

Can
Faust
Soft machine
Hendrix
Too many to name but psych and prog imitations are usually stale as shit. The genres derived from them can be pretty fruitful but trying to recapture the vintage sound always turns out corny af

Fleetwood Mac was terrible until their (second) self titled album though.

A better question is what contemporary artists outclass the dadrock versions?

Momrock is great, I like Joni Mitchell, Nick Drake, and ABBA(fuck off they're amazing) because of my dear old mum.

Sid Barrett couldn't even play the bass properly. And all the bass lines follow the guitar. It's so basic and outdated. Lydon shows his talent in PiL but Sex Pistols aren't good (in my opinion).

My mom unironically considers Fleetwood Mac to be her favorite band of all time. Therefore, they are truly momrock.

Viscous doesn't even play on the album

wow the music you listen have an added extension it should be so much deeper and superior

>Dadrock is bad
Dadrock is just that, dadrock.

>Barrett
wut
Who is pink floyd's contemporary similar??? Radiohead???

Personally I like Mac Demarco better than the Doobie Brothers and Steve Miller Band and all the other softcore 70s "rock" .

Cheap Trick > 12 Foot Ninja
Blue Oyster Cult > Ghost
Anal Cunt > Chuggaboom
Talking Heads > 300 LCD Soundsystems

Indisputable GOAT coming through

youtube.com/watch?v=ZHTI31XuQxk