there isnt nuts behind the knob

Basically yes , any way of tightening?

hold the post of the poteniemeter and take a wrench and tighten it

The post itself is tight, knobs arent

does it go up to 11?

It goes beyond 11 too

hmm maybee the knobs are just worn out

there just spline knobs right

Seems like , i kinda want to keep it the way it is , any ways of fixing it instead of buying, they dont cost much anyways.

wrap teflon tape around posts

Take off a knob, take a pic of the stub and post it

Thats genious
Will do

what's the point of this thread?

are you actually autistic?

there are 3 basic types of stub and knob, if you can show the stub I can advise

Yes, i want to learn as much as possible about operating a tube amp , if you got any info , tips or advice i should know feel free to contribute

no a picture of the potentiometer on the amp that way we can see the type of tub it has

Rule 1, even a good one needs to have warm-up time to get the electrons flowing, one of my bros never turns his off due to the warm-up time

Wouldnt that fuck up the tubes?

and more light, we need to see inside the hole

never turning off you amp is stupid. your friend is stupid. now if you mean he leaves it on at a gig thats fine. tubes generally go through a 40 hour burn in time so its no horrible but to never turn your amp off is stupid.

Light is an issue basically nothing there , just smooth walls , also due to shit light , i will just find a pic in google

eventually, but they have a lag time to full flow that sometimes comes after a hour or so, he can't always wait to play fender and bug ppl in the street

a pic on google will work i meant stub in the comment not tub

Pot pole looks like this

that one needs a set screw knob

if it is smooth there is a problem, they normally have either a star pattern or a D shape

thats why your knob keeps spinning

SeeThe knob has smooth walls in the hole

ah good if that is the one then inside the knob is either a tiny grub screw or a leaf spring in the flat of the D

it should have the same D shape, if it is not the same D shape then you must buy/obtain a new set of knobs

.....unless there is a tiny grub screw in the side of each knob

No screw but i think it has a d shape but really heavy wear

...if you want to retain the original knobs then you should build up the inside of each one with epoxy putty, I use the stuff for mending leaking water pipes

see

Would regular glue do it?

absolutely not to regular glue

>NO!

you need a form of putty. personally id buy a new set and put the old ones for safe keepoing

Like pour a drop of hot glue and let it take D shape

no glue of any kind pots have to be able to be removed.

It has to be a very strong glue that sets hard and will not splinter or wear, maybe you should buy new knobs, it is god mode to do rebuilds on that level and the level above that is casting which is even more difficult.

Ill go with the new set i guess , thanks everyone. If there is something other i should know about tube amps or cabs fesl free to contribute

method = cover stub with cling-wrap, slight lube cling-wrap with vasoline, make sure knob is dry and free from dust and grease, fill knob with epoxy putty, push onto stub, remove exsess putty that squishes out, leave to set, 1 hour later remove knob and dremil off the excess dry putty.
>Yay!

>A wise choice padawan

all the info you could ever need is online just make sure you use speaker cable to hook to cab and dont turn un unhooked form cab

I meant any tips advice etc i cant find online

Yeah it's a bitch when you blow up a good amp and worse when you burn holes in the carpet when the stupid bell wire melts thru its casing cause I was too cheap to go get Oxyfree HD spker cable

nope just get ready to be addicted theres nothing like tube especially the amp you got.

Type the name and model into the goog, followed by "schematic" or "manual" = winrar!

Cables melting? elaborate!

If you think that you can get more/better advice her about real world things then elsewhere in the non-bowls of the internet then I've got some bad news for you. Your life is going to be riddled with horrible decisions and real disappointment.

Also, you are a massive faggot

someone has bad equipment

never had any burning cables in 11 years

Cant disagree also had to stay up all night 5am atm , just wasted time in a relatively productive way

After all we all come to shitpost , circlejerk and kill time

ive gave him really good advice in the last thread

Got a plenty of good advice in last thread , cant disagree but after all the more i know the better

I usually only post on threads i can actually be help full in

>It was a 1KW amp, the speakers were 400W each, turned it just past 5 then I think the coils fused, got a short, that bell wire lit up like July 4th and melted into the carpet, shitbrix, pull plug, stamping about like an Irishman at a river-dance, open windows and go outside for the first time in ages, ahh! the light hurts my eyes, I'm melting-I'm melting, what a woeld what a cruel cruel world!

....maybe next time I should not wrap the old blown fuses with kitchen foil....we live and learn I am told.....

OP I believe we met here a few days ago. Seriously, check out the Marshall Forum. There, you'll find everything you want and need to know about your amp. Your amp specifically, not just tube amps in general. And plus, it's not a bunch of Sup Forumstier advice and trolling.

lol the fuses blown for a reason

Thanks for the company lads!op out to work

Oh , i think it was my friend, he bought it for me , he also lurks Sup Forums , anyway peace

>"a bunch of Sup Forumstier advice and trolling."
How very dare you!

Come hither and I will slap your face with my calveskin gloves.

I hope works out ok for you anyways.
>Power to your pentodes dude.

you have a killer amp take care of it and dont hesitate spending money at a tech. That amp will only increase in value