Taking mushrooms for the first time in a few days. not trying to kill myself or go overboard, just want a nice trip...

taking mushrooms for the first time in a few days. not trying to kill myself or go overboard, just want a nice trip. anyone know much i should eat? also, does anyone know how to avoid a bad trip?

Just have a little bit till you get a buzz and go from there that way you won't trip balls

I would take like 2 grams for your first time. And ways to avoid a bad trip...don't put yourself in a situation were you're going to be stressed or paranoid. Just surround yourself with good people and positive shit. I'd also recommend going outside. You'll wanna be near nature for at least part of it.

i mean like would a gram be enough? I'm 19 but pretty underweight I'm only 136lbs. from what I've read a gram won't do much, should i get like a gram and a half or two or something?

If during your trip anything goes wrong try to find batman.

You'll be fine.

To avoid bad trips, wait more than a few days. Minimum one month.

you have to take a lot to get to the point of potentially causing self harm lol. unless your just an idiot.

Average does for me is 3.5 grams.

A good starting dose is 2grams. Any less and you will just feel werid and not much else.

Bad trips are easy to avoid just dont think about them. Be in a good place. Be happy with the world. be happy with yourself and all will be good.

Also, weight has no bearing on hallucinogens like these. Its not like other drugs.

This. Whether you have a bad trip will be much more dependent on your surroundings rather than how much you eat. Avoid public places, your parents, anyone who would disapprove of you eating shrooms. 2-2.5g's would be a good dose for your first time. My first time I ate 3.5 and was fine.

Never tried shrooms or acid. Which one to try?

what he said. if you got good vibes going in you will get good vibes going out. i ate 3.5 my first time as well it was groovy. If you dont have a lot of experience with psychedelics or drug use. i would go with 2 / 2.5grams. If you consider yourself pretty good at maintaining control of your mind through drug use then id go for 3.5 grams.

Eat gram by gram about 30 minutes apart. You'll be able to feel the effects and control dosage. Drink plenty of orange juice prior to shroom consumption.. Stay outside and go for a walk during the trip. Drink a lot of water. HAVE A SOBER WATCHER TO MAKE SURE YOU AREN'T AN IDIOT.

Acid if you have the option. Shrooms are great but they have a body load to them. They are also confusing sometimes on the brain. Acid on the other hand is a clear, brightly colored world of amazement. Acid is my psychedelic of choice.

I do enjoy acid, but shrooms are better for me.

Is there any risk in taking acid and what is it like?

I'm 160lbs. 2 grams to me is vibrant colors, feeling like a king, laughing to tears, increased social skills and improved mental clarity while climbing / peaking. Things are kind of outlined and feel cartoonish, yet so more real. I see better. Music is wow. Everything is a little bit wow.

When I was 170lbs I did 3.5 grams. I saw fractals in light and "found a reason to live". This experience can't be described ed with words. It is amonsgt the best memories of my life.
I was with lovely people in a cozy setting.

Try to think about zeros and ones a lot.

This all being said: I'm 6'2 and 240lbs. I used to eat 3.5 grams at a time. My best trip: Running around outside during a snow storm. I swear you could see every individual snow flake.

the risks is you actually have no idea what you're really getting. unless you test that shit yourself. like its just a piece of paper, who knows whats really on it?

i would recommend 2-3.5 grams for your first time depending on how much experience you've had with psychedelics as well as your mental stability and emotional flexibility

i believe there are no such things as a bad trip, unless you intentionally misuse and disrespect the drug in a place not intended for its use, you're are going to have a good time.

it will start off with the giggles and colors will become more vibrant and from there you will be feeling pulses of constant euphoria and the feeling of magic and wonder like being a kid again for the next 4-6 hours

eat something light a couple hours before and make sure you're hydrated

i recommend taking it in a plce youre most comfortable with a friend who you trust or you can solo i did and i prefer it that way. The once you have all the effects you can maybe take a walk or paint or write or listen to/make music

enjoy
:)

1.5 g perfect for first time

I do not like eating them that way. Also it does not really allow you to control dosage. Some people dont start tripping for two hours after they eat them. So they think hey im not tripping yet i need to eat more...then they ate to much.

Also, the orange thing is a lie. except with esctasy. What most people think it is from is the chemical bergamottin which is found in the essential oils of citrus fruits and heavily present in grapefruit juice. Its a enzyme that breaks down certain pharmaceuticals faster and makes them stronger. It has not effect on hallucinogens and is not prevalent in orange juice.

MDMA on the other hand is heightened with vitamin C. Which is better accomplished by taking a supplement before bumping up. haha

I'll trip my way, you trip yours. I know what has worked for me.

Weight has no bearing on psychedelic use.

I'd definitely test it myself, but is there a risk with legitimate acid itself?

I didn't say it did.

1-2 grams depending on potency, smoke lots of weed throughout the trip and have some xanax on hand just in case things go downhill. Don't do it when you have to interact with people you don't want knowing you're tripping. Preferably have a close friend babysit you. (not required) You pretty much can't go wrong

As long as you know 100% you are getting acid then there i no risk really. You cant really OD on it. As long as your being smart its an extremely safe drug. I recommend everyone getting a test kit. They will tell you what youre actually putting in your body. We always take one to every music fest we got to.

The key to a good trip is to be in a good state of mind i.e. feeling good/optimistic on that particular day, being in a comfortable place where you don't have to worry about outside influences (parents/significant other giving you a hard time, being in public where you could get caught etc) and having the right entertainment.

Bad trips are simply a trip that's turned sour because your easily-influenced brain has fallen into a bad spot in that moment. As such, a bad trip can be fixed by simply moving into a different room or changing the music to something more pleasant. You can shape your trip via your environment, so control your environment and everything will be great.

I'd say a good introductory dose, for someone inexperienced in psychedelics, is between 1-3 grams depending on how big you are. Some edgelords will say to take like 5 grams to sound like a badass, but 1-3 grams is a nice, low dose that will deliver highly noticeable effects without being overwhelming.

My first time, I took 1 1/2 grams and had a great trip that lasted about 8 hours. It didn't shoot me out of the galaxy but it was a revelatory and awesome experience all the same.

tl;dr Take a low dose to learn how it effects you, be in a safe/comfortable place where you don't have to worry about outside influences, have plenty of food/water at hand if need be, queue up your favorite, most uplifting and beautiful music, and enjoy the ride! If you think positive, you'll have a positive trip.

Old man here, from what I have heard there is very little real LSD nowadays, it is mostly high potency phenethylamines on blotter paper. NBOME, DOI and other garbage.

this is the 1

sure man, its mind thing and has no scientific basis. But in reality the entirety of psychedelics effects are in the mind. If you go into the trip thinking this will make my trip better. then ultimately it will because its all about how your brain reacts to the drug.

Then why include your weight?

dont eat less than an eighth (3.5grams) or you'll barely feel it. Don't eat more than 10 grams or you'll do something dumb.

not really a risk if you respect the drug and do your research
its not like youre going to OD on it you would need to eat sheets of paper

but it can rip the fabric of your phsyche if you have high doses you arent prepared for

Why not? Other anons were. Didn't want to be the odd one out, especially considering they were worried about dosage given their weight(s).

Thats a lie. Sure, theres a lot of that out there. But theres a lot of good LSD too. We test every strip we get at festivals with a testing kit. about 90% of the time they are legit acid.

Totally understand subatomic partials popping in and out of existance.

1 being in and 0 being out of existance.

Last time I dosed was the 80's. My info is from the early 2000's, apparently there was a lot of counterfeit circulating at the time. The only problem in my day was low mics, 40 - 60 was pretty common, you had to drop all four of a 4 way to get there.

2 grams.

Don't have a bad mindset going into the trip.

Obvious set and setting, be confident you feel safe with the people around you and be sure you're in a safe environment.

Relax. Play some nice music. Put on your usual playlist or try something new, it's always fun to explore new music on psychedelics.

Just don't even think about a bad trip. see it as something that won't happen but as always be prepared and make sure you're 100% sure you want to take them.

Have fun :P

I could imagine in the early 2000s it definitely was. Nowadays people are getting tons of drugs through the internet from europe and things like that. Almost all the LSD we get here is shipped from 3-4 main people from darknet drug sites out of europe.

Bird up

Dosage : depends on your strain, some only take 2-3g for an extreme experienece and some take 4-6g for a mild one
How to avoid a Bad trip: make sure you have a spot/person to go to when you are afraid. Being left alone with frear is the wost thing

Listen to good music over headphones and walk through the forest

Dont bring other people that you dont know so well, feelings are way more extreme and uncontrollable, especially on shrooms

Have fun

You may have a different view on psychadelics after your trip

See you on the other side

I ate 5 grams my first time and had a ast and u cant die from shrooms

I got low hits for most of my trips. Then that day I took three hits right off the bat of some powerful hits and I had a real thick night...

5 grams is when you really get a good trip

Rando user here, it was along time ago i took what i thought to be shrooms. Just had a question, during the time i experienced heavy bouts of extreme dissociation and felt like i was seeing a world completely false and built differently than what i had ever known. Is that a common side effect of the high or was a slipped something else, it was in a chocolate after all so idk.

My trip was rather.. intense for my first time. I sat in my chair for 4 hours. 4 fucking hours. Spent between these things:

looking around. Everything was clearer and brighter, but brain was filling in far more gaps and things would "freeze" when I turned away form them, only to jump to what they actually where when I looked. This included light sources being moved but me perceiving it not.

There was a lot of static and random in my vision. Colours cycling on objects. Tears opening and closing. Worms and bugs crawling out. fire had a honeycomb pattern. People were in a red/blue/gray overlay. Kinda like staring at a 3d screen with no glasses.
You know the sherlock zoom effect? I was constantly doing that.

When I focused on conversation around me I would hear the person repeat segments of what they were saying. So it would sound like "and this -and this - is what was happening to -happening to - my hearing"

I would think about what people were saying "before" they said it.
I felt like I existed as a big outer self that could interact with the world, and a small inner self that was me. I kept tapping my foot to bridge the gap. It took a lot of effort to move, speak, anything.

Inner me was on a constant cycle of feeling. Cold, need to piss, worried, scared, calm, recognizing the pattern, trying to ride it out, remember not to fight it, self smirk. Thinking it was too intense. Thinking I wanted help and feeling like crying but not wanting to disturb.

Closing my eyes I could still "see" what I saw with my eyes open. But I also would get lost in just randomness that spawned with eyes closed.

Was really introspective.

After 4 hours I could walk around (went for a really long piss. Yeah, held it that long.) Walked around a bit. My spacial relation was off. Cars seemed smaller, body felt alien.

Tried to talk to the group then. Realized I couldn't bridge the gap between our communication styles. Said fuck it and stopped trying.

I was super drunk one night and ate a ten strip of some really good shit. Passed out like 30 minutes later. Woke up about 3-4 hours when the sun started hitting my tent. I WAS TRIPPING DICK. I didnt know what was going on because i didnt remember eating that strip. Then i realized shortly after waking up this was an acid trip. I meditated for about a hour. Cause i was solidly freaking out. Then was golden for the rest of the day. 10/10 morning camping trip. no regrets haha. But those brief 5 minutes wondering why the fuck rainbows were busting through my windows this early and where all the god damn birds came from was pretty terrifying for a moment