Is she the best modern "popular" artist?

Is she the best modern "popular" artist?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qrO4YZeyl0I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Who?

No, that's Sia.

Labia DaDa

Literally who?

allwe hearis

read the filename next time, bub

>everyone forgot about lady gaga
Well I can't say I blame you

No, Taylor and Beyoncé are better.

her first two albums were goat. then it kind of went downhill but im forever a fan

Objectively speaking she's among the best in all categories, her vocals are top notch. It's her choices in what music she wants to make that are kinda bad.

This

No. Every song from her has sounded exactly the same since Chandelier

What happened to Gaga? I haven't heard of her since 2013 or something.

youtube.com/watch?v=qrO4YZeyl0I
nope

Yet no one mentions Lana del Rey or Adele

People need to stop wanking over the old dance elecropop eventually.

she's the most artistic mainstream act today
that being said. the real music in this day and age is in the underground. youtube gems with less than 100 views. musical geniuses who don't give a fuck about the popularity contest or making money but rather just do music because thats what they do.

plebs will never understand this is the best time for music exploration

louisa johnson

Most underground music is also shit though. Usually at least some people like even the most avant-garde stuff. If a song uploaded to Youtube has under 100 views, it's probably awful.

But yes, this is the best era in history to listen to or make music, and it'll only get better.

I haven't come across any unknown musicians who are more skilled than Gaga. I tend to assume they're actually less committed than mainstream stars. So it's not like the past was missing out on much.

Any musician that's truly unknown for months, even to Sup Forums and other online communities, probably isn't good. "Underground" definitely doesn't mean unknown.

Gaga isn't that great though. She's a good singer and instrument player and performer, but she's not exactly a composer. Plus other people likely do the bulk of her songwriting for her, except maybe lyrics.

No, that's Lana del Rey.
I'd say Lorde but she is kinda irrelevant now.

>I haven't come across any unknown musicians who are more skilled than Gaga
What skills are you referring to here?

She's an average pianist, vocalist and songwriter.

lmao how is she skilled?

her piano is good at most, never seen her play anytning else. compositions are flat and boring. they one ive heard anyway

The collaboration trend in pop seems like it makes it more competitive. Having 3+ songwriters for every song lets the performer focus on fewer things. The appeal of underground musicians as I see it is auteur talent which feels more personal or unified coming from just 1 person.

Like her or hate her, but I think Grimes is a great example of how giving someone total creative control leads to more cohesive and interesting music. Especially when the lead singer/instrumentalist is the writer and producer.

Only correct answer

hnnngg Hair and Speechless