I don't really know how to have fun Sup Forums

I don't really know how to have fun Sup Forums.

Will buying stupid materialistic things help?

I spent pretty much all of this year going to work and drinking when free. I hate my friends because they are like sitcom characters. Every day is pretty much the same.

Anyway, I saved up some money and was wondering what I could waste it on only to feel strong buyer's regret immediately afterwards:
>some 2k+$ guitar, 1k$ on pedals and 2k$ on an amp which I'm not sure if I will ever use publicly
or
>a huge overriced server which I don't know whether I will use for anything - I have some ideas but nothing that will require a 5k$ machine

So, one of those options or do I just kill myself?

Those are two pretty weak options there OP.

I would prefer a holiday, something more memorable than materialistic.

Find a hobby user. If music or servers interest you, start small and work from there. Wasting money on stupid shit is one of the worst things you can do in life.

Things not to get:
Tattoos, jewlery,

Things to get:
A pet, a skill, an experience

I gave up on travelling and being alone.

Travelling:
>never learn anything, just waste money and time on nothing

Being alone:
>just drink and do stupid stuff

Travelling with people:
>everyone just complains about how shit everything is or talks too much about how awesome everything is
>generally you have to make sure that person doesn't die

Yeah I thought those were my interests but too much involvement in them kind of ruined both for me.

Like I said, start small. When you do acquire a guitar or whatever, don't try to spend every waking hour pouring your soul into it. Practice for an hour a day.

Same if you get a server and want to get familiar with the *nix CLI or setting up a Minecraft server or whatever.

Don't exhaust yourself. Keep some challenges for the next day. It gives you something to look forward to. And possibly ultimately, something to live for, perhaps.

Pick somewhere in the world and go there. Pick somewhere you never think about. Traveling isnt that expensive and you'll have those experiences for the rest of your life.

Unfortunately I have too much experience with both - my only plan was to step either option up.

Guitar around 10 years and computer-related stuff pretty much my whole life (23 years). Right now I'm a programmer IRL.

I don't know man doesn't seem fun. Thanks anyway bro.

Nice, a fellow musician programmer user. *brofist*

Gaming?

Also finding a sex partner mightt cheer you up

Buying materialistic things will not help.

Travel the world. Go on an adventure (literally or figuratively). You are in charge.

We're good with our fingers huehuehue

Also got tedious. Still fun when drunk but being drunk stopped being fun. Even bought a console because I thought more fun people would be on there. DO NOT GET AN XBONE I PRAY FOR YOU

Also too ugly for regular fucking. I have some fwbs available but they're studying abroad and I'm not very social to get to know others.

I know man.

I swear travelling is so boring since the internet age came along.

Might it be worth to expand your knowledge and experience within said topics?

You like music. Pick up a different instrument you're interested in. Piano, perhaps? Digital producing (lolfruityloops) maybe? Same with software development.

This is what I would do, user.

Competition of some sort can get the juices flowing

I, for one, got pretty bored with web development, my main job.

I picked up languages like Python and Java along the way to do something different (game development) from what I'm used to (web development), and even shit like NodeJS to expand my webdev horizon.

New shit to learn, but not too tedious in a 'have to learn the basics' fashion.

Also I play piano myself, so I bought an accordion a while ago and I'm having a blast with that. Different enough to be new, but not different enough to have to start from scratch.

Keep hope. You can do it lil nigga.

Yo, yeah I used to drink all the time when alone just because it felt pretty good and it helped you enjoy being in a shit mood somehow. Honestly it's probably gonna be extremely hard but try to stop drinking for a week or so and see how you feel. As soon as I stopped for about that long I actually felt waaay more positive and actually had energy to do stuff.

Also the usual stuff. Drink/smoke less, workout more, drink more water.

People repeat this cliché shit because it actually works. Food for thought.

Yeah I wanted to try a sax but my lungs are meh. I got into pianos through synths and into those through software synths so DAWs also aren't really a topic i'd rather not revisit that topic.

I thought the same but I'm not good enough to be the best so why even compete?

That's why I wanted the server to learn new shit but I realized all development is complete shit. You have elitists everywhere who spew subjective shit around them in a FIELD WHERE YOU WOULD THINK OBJECTIVITY IS THE ONLY OPTION.

Yeah I still am not sure how to continue with life.

Honestly, I feel like I'm the same boat as you. The whole 'we\'re just a trivial speck of dust in the cosmic scope; life is ultimately pointless' kind of thing.

Appreciating and looking forward to the little things keep me going, mostly.

C'mon, OP. You're being a little closed off with these suggestions. Take a while to think about something you really want. Don't buy some weird materialistic shit.

On the off chance you did want to kill yourself, save up some money for that. Maybe have some massive crazy weekend in some foreign country with heaps of drugs and hookers. Then somehow find a way to painlessly end it that fits in with your weekend. Massive heroin OD or something maybe? But don't misconstrue this to be an edgy "haw kill yourself faggot" But it's an idea.

Pic related, it'll be God looking at you in the next 6 months.

Yeah it just became a habit. I understand alcoholics now.

I wanted to buy barbells (am quite a skeleton). Might do that.

Any fallback plans in case the little things run out?

Google 'stronglift 5x5' if you want to invest in a rack. 10/10 would recommend. If you don't have a rack, a digital piano stand weighted with a shitload of clothes suffices as one, I can say from experience.

Not really. I try to find new reasons to live (aka not suicide) for. Atm it's my SO and a new job position.

I try to live by the day, not worrying about the future too much. I can say that it helps for me.

Just choose a place to move for a bit.
mine is somewhere in the tundra circle so i can enjoy the cold, around maybe iceland or norway.

This really cracked me up bro. Thanks. In any case I can still waste money and pawn the shit then. I really filled up my apartment with expensive stupid shit so it could work out both ways.

I don't think I could survive that but related to what you mentioned about moving somewhere I also cannot do that because I have no education. I did work myself up relatively in this IT corporation I work at but still it's pretty much impossible.

I can just imagine myself in a log cabin on
the forest edge of the sea, walking through the
forest and coming back to the house with fresh food.
You can't really explain this.

>tfw no internet in your cabin so you can't shitpost on Sup Forums

OP, do things that has has a high chanse of death, or such as, "a mistake will cause your death"

You feel the most alive when you are closest to death

I don't mean wilderness, just a spot for you to go and enjoy life, just somewhere where you can relax.

Even then you'd probably have to work your ass off so you can afford relaxing and enjoying life.

You can always find something fun to do even though you are living somewhere else, like fishing and handcrafts. /out/ stuff in my case

If you can enjoy work and life, what better is there?
life doesn't have to be complicated

I think few people genuinely enjoy their work and life as is. At least I get that feeling when I look around me in my social circle, myself included.

Buying things is a tiny little bit fun, I burn a few hundred sometimes just for that.
It's not a substitute for real fun that you have while you're in the flow with friends.

That is good news, you need to hold onto that feeling.
Also find new ways to have fun, look into things you might like.

I'm not OP, but yeah I agree with you.

OP back,

Yes but what if there's no social circle?

Then start making one! I'm socially awkward as fuck but I managed to make a few good friends I really enjoy to spend time with, all equally as crazy as me.

Look for a few things you have in common and get to know them better. Not everyone will stick around, but good ones will until the end, trust me.

Stay strong OP, you have to be happy! Don't let this world yuin your existence!

Cheers from spain

i love my car. always been there when i wanted to leave. always been there when i wanted to get away. just me and my metal vessel sometimes...

what do you drive?