If you are Christian:

If you are Christian:
>think of all the reasons why Shiva/Allah/Flying Spaghetti Monster are not real
>apply the same logic to your god
>realize how retarded you have been your whole life

You're welcome.

That female has an attractive posterior

Christianity is the only reason Europe is what it is today, atheism and Marxist bullshit have started the decline of our civilization.

Good luck swallowing all that somali Cum faggot op

But God isn't any of the things you mentioned. God is an abstract experience. Once you've experienced it you realize how retarded you have been your whole life.

You're welcome. ;-)

I'm not debating the merits of religion, only the fact that it is all lies. Useful lies for organizing the peasantry to do what you want, but lies all the same.

Nice cop out.

Because Nazi's were totally atheistic and they totally did not almost destroy Europe.

>Abstract experience
Sounds legit thanks christbro

not a cop out. If man had the ability to understand God then there would be no point. The reality is that science cannot explain everything and will never be able to. If anything...at most God is a philosophical dilemma. Another reality is if you look up the scientific revolution you'll see many Christians as the cornerstones. Isaac Newton, Galileo, Copernicus, Francis Bacon and the list goes on. To them, science was a way to reveal and understand God in nature.

That's where you're wrong. Given enough time, science will reveal all the mysteries of the universe.

Also don't ignore my main point. How do you know Shiva isn't real? Or FSM for that matter?

i cant understand your statement through 2 layers of irony, my english isnt as good as i would like,

Allah is simply the Arabic word for God. The God of Abraham to be specific. Middle Eastern Christians call him Allah as well.

this

Yeah but why are the rules set up in the Koran "wrong" and the ones in the Bible "right"?

Christian logic is there is only a true god, you big retarded.

Except Hitler was Christian, whoops that was awkward wasn't it

That was sarcasm you fucking retard. Hitler being a christian is exactly the point he wanted to make.

>Given enough time, science will reveal all the mysteries of the universe.

that's funny. because the more answers we discover the more questions we discover as well. we now have more questions than never in the history of science. and thus the paradox WILL continue forever.

shiva and the spaghetti monster might all be the same thing as god. I might believe in them without knowing it.

explain to me why man is the only creature on this planet who is even discussing this right now? why only man and no other creature in the ever evolving planet earth? I believe in evolution btw...that's why it's ever stranger to me. man is the only creature who has science or religion or art. other creatures do have some degree of politics but nowhere the level of man unless you're delusional.

I'm really tired of seeing this lame and incorrect argument dragged out in every religious debate. Even if it were true, which it is not, the implication that the Nazi's did what they did in the name of atheism is false on its face. They didn't kill the jews because the jews believed in a god, they killed the jews because they believed in the "wrong" version of a god, i.e. the Nazi agenda could not be atheist by definition.

>nazis
>almost "destroyed" europe

good job swallowing the propaganda, goy

There is a limited amount of things to learn about the universe. We continue to learn new things at an increasing rate. Thus, we will eventually know everything there is to know (assuming the species lives that long).

As to why man is the only thinking creature, so what? A species of monkey-squirrels lived in just the right climate and had just the right conditions to evolve more favorably than others. These conditions must be quite rare to only have occured once. No god magic required to explain it.

The new concepts and phenomena that occur as a result of the human race and the ever increasing complexity of our world doesn't seem to end. There may not be an end to what we can learn, especially since this knowledge of the world are our own concepts that reduce the phenomena so we can understand it.

This is probably bait, but I agree with you. People with religion should be euthanized

>As to why man is the only thinking creature, so what?

so what? the difference is who dominates this planet. the difference is the only reason why you have the tech to post on Sup Forums. it's worlds apart from anything else on the planet.

I'd like to imagine there are a finite amount of things to learn in the universe. but they are more finite than man will ever discover. we're only now getting into dark energy. who knows where that'll take us?

I'm not knocking anyone who doesn't believe in God. But when people get snarky as if they understand why the insane variety of reasons why people might believe in some form of God it's so thick and just as awful as any religious zealot.

man is understanding our world from an experiment that man is a part of. it's like rats in a rat-maze doing science without ever realizing it's in that maze. our understanding of the world, even when understood as man perceives it, is limited. our limitation in understanding will no doubt prevent us from understanding everything.

>why man is the only creature on this planet who is even discussing this right now?
CONTINGENCY

why bother argueing? look at past religions. the weirder cult ones still live through weirdos. Christianity will be a mythology soon. Islam will fade out next. it will turn into an outcast group, Ill give it 75 years in its current state. Judaism will be gone in 200 years I would say. I only consider orthodox jews as real jews. in 4 generations it will be gone as a religion and remain as a minor cultural phenomenon like Buddhism or Hinduism. most jews don't give a fuck about it behind the scenes anyway. they know the old testament is fucking retarded. Christians and Catholics are more simple and typically refuse new views. 500 years til it is a thing of the past. it won't live on as a cultural phenomenon, there is no culture behind it or any vibrant past.