Ask a p-psychologist anything!

Ask a p-psychologist anything!
I'm h-here for you Anonymous!

I've been depressed for a while. Had a stint in the psyche ward, got my meds fixed up, my depression has alleviated a bit. I don't have much of a depressed mood anymore, but I still find myself suicidal. It's starting to feel like a personality trait. Opinions?

Fuck off and take your faggot thread with you.

>p-psychologist
>h-here
For fucks sake, not this stupid shit again

I know this has nothing to do with your professional knowledge, but got any tips for a first date?

Have you considered you are a pussy? We all get depressed but what sets you apart is you foolishly let doctors prescribe crazy ass drugs to make you feel 'better'. The Dr gets a nice golf vacation package from Merck and you get hooked on their pills.

I've been pretty quick to anger and feeling semi empty this week. Reason why is because I'm moving, still in same area, but we are pretty much being forced out. I'm so attached to my house, because I don't want to move. What should I do?

*blinks* What medication are you taken? It could be that they are improving your motivation and mood but not the underlying depression.

Ah? How old are you?

*hugs with one arm*

*hugs with the other*

D-double hug! *hugs both at the same time*

Wow, that was quick. Usually it takes to the middle of the thread for the conspiracy theories to come out.

Wait, you are attached to the house BECAUSE you don't want to move out? That sounds reversed. Can you explain more?

Why don't you marry the house? If you are attached to an object you should marry it I learnt in 3rd grade

why am I depressed over the passing away of an abusive grandmother?

I'm with this girl, 8/10 , started dating a year ago but left me for some other guy, 3 months ago she broke up with him and is currently with me, I am confused wether i should be in love or not. Any opinions?

wow, your vast education is so apparent. hope you at least enjoy having your bitter ass attitude.

I have no motivation for anything how come

She still meant a lot to you, even if she was abusive Anonymous. Feelings aren't always rational.

Love doesn't work like that; it's not a rational feeling. Do you feel like you are in love?

Tell me more. Tell me the circumstances surrounding this. Tell me how your life has changed in the last five years.

Tell me as much as you can Anonymous, and I promise you, we will work through this, you and I.

Do you put stuttering in your posts intentionally to piss people off? You know, there are other, better methods of receiving both the attention you crave and providing advice online. I suggest you look into them.

hi Alice chan how are you, also can u confirm ur gender out of curiosity

I was on an ssri, prozac, i am currently on an snri, effexor. 225 mg. I'm thinking about getting into a pretty intensive out group therapy program, covered by insurance. idk, i'm desperate. hoping for improvement.

H-have you never been nervous in front of t-the one you love, Anonymous? Because I love you

She stutters because she's just a simple cute, nervous psychologist, user!

>Do you put stuttering in your posts intentionally to piss people off?
He can't help it.

No, I've lived in the same house for a long time, that's why I am (I guess) 'attached' to it. I guess a change like that scares me, I'm not sure.

I confirm I am Alice and a girl.

Effexor is actually an SSNRI; you may be getting too much serotonin, but I 100% support you going into group therapy. What does your therapist have to say about this?

She

I smoke weed have a gf I'm chubby and eat a lot I used to love snowboarding and biking but since I switched highschools I had no friends, now I just sit down watch Netflix and think about killing myself(18yo btw)

You are the exact reason we need more mental health laws and more insane asylums.

>I confirm I am Alice and a girl.
>She

thanks for confirmation, do you never post a real picture of yrself or strictly Touhou Alice?

Oh Anonymous... *wraps her arms around you* I know change can be scary. I know that more than most. Hell, I deal with it a lot; I still hold my same stuffed animal from childhood when I sleep.

But charging head on like a bull towards lifes challenges is part of how we grow as people. It'll be scary, but you'll get used to it, and you'll find things to love about your new home too.

It'll be okay, Anonymous

Hello anons. How's it going?

~Box

>mfw quads with my shit fucking internet connection
Why do posters think that these threads are related to roleplaying?
I believe they think that you're not actually Alice, and instead an user roleplaying as Alice.

Well, it might be how a bunch of people with avatars keep posting in them.

Like this guy.

That makes me feel better, thank you, Alice

Act confident and just talk about topic you both like, and things you both understand.
Also, make sure to be clean and wear some cologne or something, brush your teeth and shit, good luck mate.
Changes happen all the time during the life mate, the best thing to do is be ready for these changes, so, the better you adapt the happier you'll be.

Weed seems to be the only thing making me happy tho

u seem shy or ashamed of ur face, why is this so? fyi great body

I'm the change user, your words make me see it a bit different now, thank you

Here's question (for you or anyone)
What upcoming movie/game/show/anything are you most hyped about?
I guess that makes sense.
Funny, I think I have that image saved that you just posted.

The thing is i do love her, but she made me feel really bad when she dumped me, so I don't know if it's ok to have a relationship with her

I honestly haven't felt a real emotion in many years.

I'm a fantastic liar and can keep up a good front for hours on end to look normal at work or around family.

I also abuse drugs and alcohol on a regular basis to avoid reality.

I feel like the inevitable outcome of this lifestyle is me killing myself or many others in some weird blaze of glory.

What do?

I'm glad to have helped. Feel free to email me any time you need help at [email protected]

Weed isn't making you happy, it's depressing your response, making you feel it less. You need to stop masking the problem and start working actively towards improving your life.

I'm not an attention or cam whore; I'm simply a silly person trying to help the man I love: Anonymous.

I'm not about to make this about me by posting my face.

What do you mean "don't know if it is okay"? Do you think the relation police will come in and arrest you?

Do you want to be with her? Do you think it is worth while to risk the pain?

If so, then do it. if not, then don't.

Have you been to a doctor?

What? I post anything I feel like. Not trying to be mean, I'm just saying.

I'm hyped as fuck for No Man's Sky. Just the idea of a playable UNIVERSE makes me happy.

~Box

where did all my empathy go?

She was part of your life, doesn't matter if it was good or bad, but the fact that she was there and now she's gone is a pretty shocking change.
It's is reasonable to be sad.
As i told another user right up here, always be prepared for change, we both know people change and grow with the time, my advice, love her while you can, if the love dies move on, and please don't be mad at her since, we are all human and we all change (except for skeletons, those cunts will never stop being cunts).

Tell me more. What happened?

I never said it was a problem. Merely that it is a reason why people think this is a roleplaying thread. I'd prefer you not, however.

my therapist is the one that recommended it to me. i only recently turned 18, so i've been doing things focused for adolescents for a while now. she thinks being around adults all in different life states will help me rationalize better. i'm actually quite looking forward, even if only to hear others' stories.

I can't talk to people, I have a shit tier sense of humor, no real interesting stories, and when I do have something I can talk about with someone they usually lose interest. Thoughts? opinions? What can I do?

Thanks!, I think i'm giving her a chance

i can see why u wudnt want to post on Sup Forums, seems like a waste, great personality hiding behind a piece of paper, such a shame. For wat its worth u look well gewd

19. I'm a fairly confident guy who works out a ton for football yet I've never actually gone out with a girl. My only "date" was forced, Prom, whiched sucked ass.

make yourself dumber and everything will seem less annoying and more entertaining.

Hello, Alice. Afraid I'm going to have to ask for that timestamped hand picture now. Will need a new one, and need to see the whole hand - not just a finger.

I meant about group therapy and such. Do they think it would be a good idea? I think it would for sure!

I need more information; tell me more about you.

Good luck!

You should be fine then! Just be confident, assertive, but not arrogant. Relax! It'll go fine

The stuttering is amazingly autistic and gay

*kisses your cheek* I l-love you anyway

Hey do you remember the furryarrancar at all like Razorfur, Macfag, Varden, Furanon and such?

I remember them. What of em?

Hey Box! What's up!
Glad i could help mate.
You might have gone complete nihilist and not care anymore about the affairs of anyone else, maybe not even yours, start caring about you in order to care about others.
Just keep trying until you find people who you can relate to, internet is a great place for this kind of things, try multiplayer games.

-J

why are you hijacking alices thread

How can I forget all the things i now know? Im not suicidal because im in constant emotional loneliness pain like most fags here. Im suicidal because i dont like it here because the stuff I know scares the shit out of me.

Roleplay? No, I dont rp. Not my thing.

Nothin much, You?
~Box

How are you still in the shower? You were in the shower this morning, too.

As far as why your hands, consider it a trust exercise. I'll repay with a picture of my hand.

I'm not, i even asked her once if it was okay, she said it was.
Also, i try to help out people as well sooo, yee.

-J

What do you know that scares the shit out of you?

Are you still there? I need advices about what the fuck that i am going to do.. Also diagnosed as borderline personality disorder and taking different meds in last 4 years..

I shower before and after work; it loosens my skin and makes it easier on me.

Tell me more. *opens her arms* I'm here for you, Anonymous

>I need more information; tell me more about you.

Well pretty sure I'm already depressed, I have zero interest in pretty much everything. Any hobby I find I give up on after about a week. No close family. I don't really know what you want to know?

That is anhedonia, a serious medical condition. You need to talk to a doctor, ASAP!

I just miss the old group is all. Seems like they've been awfully silent recently.

Btw you wouldn't happen to be apart of that little group would you?

And you post at great speed (pretty much necessitating a keyboard) while in the shower?

Alright, i've seen these kind of threads a few times, but never got around posting in one... I am currently in therapy for depression and social anxiety (both sessions and medical treatment like pills) but there is one thing I have not talked with my psychiatrist about, and that is my suspicion of being a psychopath. I enjoy thoughts about killing and torturing people and how torture is a lost art from the medieval ages... I also don't value human life. Since suicide became a thought I had more often than not human life seems worthless... now I am not talking about a mass murder in a school or something. But the sheer variety of ending someones life just seems so facinating... the reason I have not told my therapist is because I might just get thrown into a mental institution

I want to kill everyone and rule a desolate planet where heavy vines take possession of ruined houses and the forests reclaim the cities and human infrastructure slowly decays and returns to the soil and even mt rushmore and the pyramids crumble and disappear

i will be the monkey king as they slowly evolve towards intelligence and eventually lead them to war against the heathen otters and their emerging confederacy

do you have a pill for this?

>anhedonia
>an hedonia
>an hedo
you spelled hero wrong, faggot

Have you tried therapy besides pharmacological?
Bored, fell asleep in class, just going to be there, lost interest in studying.. again.
What did you used to do, what used to make you happy before this? and a last question.
Why do you think you feel like this?

-J

No. That was never my scene, though I was friends with many of them.

Of course! I'm a programmer, after all.

You have a very poor understanding of how mental health works; we don't really have mental institutions anymore (besides very rare state ones). Everything is out patient now; the average length of time in in-patient is 4 days.

Can't help you, Black Mage.

No, it's anhedonia.

Hey Alice, I'm the guy who does homework but never turns it in. I'm not sure if you remember me, but if you do could you give me any advice at all? I'm getting a job and I don't want this problem to show up and get me fired

Using meds such as Fluoxetine and sertraline hydrochloride for 4 years and time to time when i feel the urge of destruction i take Quetiapine or Lorazepam to calm down.. Since I am using meds I've found a job also found a gf who us my wife now. But i feel useless while I did all of those.. Because in order to be together with her I've quit my job alsi left my country of residence.. And now I'm thinking as what the fuck that I am going to do because I am living in a country and I can't find a proper job because of language and other shit..

Being a programmer doesn't explain carrying a computer into a shower

I assume the computer has a webcam? You could take a picture of your hand in the shower. If a stray tit finds its way into the picture that'll just be a casualty of war.

>I'm a programmer,
>let me give random people advice
>whilst not being qualified to do so

Do you know where they might be?

What are you afraid of? I think death is fascinating and poetic as well, but if you plan or intend to put your thoughts into work, you've got a problem and must talk about it, everybody thinks and plans bad things in their mind such as murdering someone or stealing/robbing and all that sort of stuff, but if you plan to do it, you must know you've got a bigger problem.

-J

Also diagnosed as borderline personality disorder

HI, I'M GEORGE ZIMMER, FOUNDER AND CEO OF THE MEN'S WEARHOUSE. 9/11 WAS A LIE. THERE WERE NO TOWEL HEADS. THERE WAS NO AIRPLANE. IN TRUTH I WAS VISITING THE BIG APPLE, SO AS TO COMPARE MY GARGANTUAN MEAT TRAIN TO IT AND LAUGH AT THE GASPING NEW YORKERS AS I POUNDED THEIR BELOVED NAMESAKE INTO BIG APPLE SAUCE. HAVING NOT GOTTEN RELEASE FROM MY CULINARY EXERCISE, I MEANDERED DOWN THE STREET WITH MY VITAL BLOOD ENGORGED SEWER PIPE OUT IN FRONT OF ME LIKE A BLIND MAN'S CANE, LOOKING FOR A HOLE IN THE BACKSIDE OF A WOMAN WHICH I WOULD STRETCH BEYOND HUMAN LIMITS. I SPOTTED AT THAT VERY MOMENT AN ATTRACTIVE FEMALE IN A MINISKIRT WAVING AT ME. I SLAPPED HER TO THE GROUND WITH MY ENORMOUS PHALLUS AND QUICKLY RAVISHED HER SKIRT LIKE A STARVED DOG ON A BABY MADE OF STEAK. THE SIGHT THAT AWAITED BOTH SHOCKED AND ENRAGED ME. AFTER SEEING THIS "WOMAN'S" RAISIN-SIZED WINKY WINKLER, I VOMITED DOWN HIS THROAT AND PENETRATED HIS ESOPHAGUS, RIPPED OUT HIS SPINE AND PEELED HIS CORPSE FROM MY MONEYMAKER. TO TEACH ALL OF NEW YORK A LESSON FOR LETTING THIS FLAMING FAG BAG LIVE, I LET LOOSE A SEMENAL FLOOD OF BIBLICAL PROPORTIONS UPON THE TOWERS OF TWO (AT WHOM'S SMALL SIZE I LAUGHED LIKE A CLOWN RAPING AN 8 YEAR OLD), WHICH CAUSED THEM TO COME CRASHING DOWN LIKE ME AFTER A WEEKEND METH BINGE. I MOCKED THE NEW YORKERS AND MADE NIGGER JOKES AS THEY RAN FROM MY EVER EXPANDING CLOUD OF SPERMAZOA, MASTURBATING TO THE LOOKS OF HORROR ON THEIR FACES. THE GOVERNMENT, IN AN ATTEMPT TO SAVE FACE AND BECAUSE THEY HATE ARABS MORE THAN JEWS, PAINTED A BOEING 767 ON MY GIGANTIC COCK AND CALLED IT A TERRORIST ATTACK. THE FEELING OF PAINTBRUSHES ON MY DICK MADE ME COME AGAIN, AND PRESIDENT BUSH SNORTED UP EVERY LAST DROP BECAUSE HE THOUGHT IT WAS COKE. I GUARANTEE IT.

for someone that likes helping out others u have a very poor image of urself.
"i'm nothing special"
ur completely wrong

Thats no good. You gotta stay awake J. Trust me I know. Since I fell asleep, I was completely unaware I was gonna have a test the next day.

~Box

The power of the mind and how it can be used to actualize things in the real world. The mind itself can come up with an infinite amount of ideas (given an infinite amount of time which isnt going to happen), and those ideas can be absolutely horrifying and perverse. As someone who was a fan of odd, eccentric, and perverse things, its shocking that within my own mind sat a hell of magnanimous proportions. There was all sorts of things that i wish couldn't even exist. Dead children are just the surface. Anyway, what truly terrifies me is that this ability to think of and actualize these horrible things lies within the minds of others, and i dont have control of it. I fear what others would do if they figured out theyre own abilities whilst being nihilistic and hateful. I have a hard enough time controlling it within myself.

I'm almost positive that speaking with any kind of physician will get me immediately thrown in an asylum, so no I haven't.

Aside from myself not wanting to be locked up this would essentially ruin the lives of the people that depend on me.

I am the sole provider for my mother and brother for reference.

Didn't I tell you to make a schedule? A job will probably even help with that; you have to wake up and go at the same times, after all.

Sure it does. You just gotta think outside the box. Or the shower, in this case.

Yeah, I've explained this a thousand times before. Why does no one listen?

Gone.

cuz this is Sup Forums. what did you expect?

I remember reading your posts mate, why didn't you turnt in your assigments? Was it fear of have fucked up somewhere or something like that?
I slept on purpose, and i had an assigment in class, i just gave up mate, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I ate a small toad and I'm not proud of it

It really doesn't. Most programmers value their computers so they don't expose them to a constant downpour of water. A bathtub might make sense (set a laptop on the edge and it won't fall in), but in a shower the run-off down your arm puts any type of computer as constant risk while typing

I simply don't believe you're in the shower.

yeah I dont have a work...
. How can I get better? :(
I live alone and sad Sup Forums all day
soon 21 years old

It's the truth.

Actually, the mind is fundamentally limited; you only have a finite number of neurons, so the amount of ideas you can come up with is intrinsically finite.

That's not at all true; you should speak to a doctor.

Better.

That's absurd; I just keep it out of the water. Simple.

Can you rephrase this?

Damn.

Do you have an xbone account?

Checked and fuck off Randy

>What did you used to do, what used to make you happy before this? and a last question.
>Why do you think you feel like this?

I blame growing up playing video games way to much. I spent a good solid portion of my childhood playing games. I was extremely anti social, didn't care about Having friends that much and hated talking to anyone, I've never been afraid or nervous to talk to anyone, I just didn't want to. Because of that I never learned how to talk to people.

Games used to be fun but now I just play them to pass time. Never had anything else for hobbies or interests.

So now I'm lonely because I can't be social, I don't care to be social because in depressed, and I'm depressed because I'm lonely.

Then be proud of those digits mate.
I met a girl who showered with her phone.
Start looking for oddjobs if you don't have studies, and then the time will show you what to do.
Also fuck off Randy.

-J

well am sorry that ur constantly thinking that u arent anything special when u truly are. I might know jackshit about you but your pretty awsome.

Showering with a phone and showering with a computer are quite different. A phone is small enough and light weight enough you can raise your arms to face level, causing run-off water to detach at the elbows and move away from the device. Plus most phones are well sealed since people take them outside in the rain so they need to possess minor water resistance.

Computers are expected to never experience water, and are sufficiently heavy that you place them at waist level - meaning run-off water from the arms will detach at the hands, in direct contact with the device.