I recently started getting into soccer. When is the Asian tournament...

I recently started getting into soccer. When is the Asian tournament? I see the Euro 2016 and Copa America but no Asia 2016?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P9QpyXx9znY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia_31–0_American_Samoa
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Asia
>Football

Really ?

not with a ten foot stick. I rather watch qualifiers for the champs league

the only why i would imagine someone watching that would be if you are asian. Are you Asian OP?

I have relatives in Japan and I want to see if their team is good/entertaining

They have good fans. Follow Urawa Reds

Supercampeones

>google 'asian football cup'
>Current Champion: Australia

Why is this allowed?

Don't you have one billion people? How are you guys not champs

cuz Australia got tired of playing against Guam and the likes

They are good for betting, the difference between many teams is abysmal.

>mysides.jpg

It was held at Australia in 2015. and aussies won the cup.

They're rigged don't you follow the news
The gambling circuits out of Singapore and Macau basically fix all of Asian soccer, cuz there's money being thrown around on every game

Even Israel was asian region till1974.

Iraq and Iran was one of the best games during the AFC

It was hilarious watching the game at the bar

youtube.com/watch?v=P9QpyXx9znY

the euros are fixed too, doesn't mean we the plebs can't enjoy them

Israel is in Asia
They just can't have matches between Israel and the neighbouring countries cuz they'd all start and in with warfare

Fox soccer channel had an awesome show about Asian soccer. Anybody know if it's still being aired?

I do know and this is why I'm saying they are good for betting, you have an edge if you dig deep enough.

/bet/ follows that type of logic too, though I barely post there.

holy shit that game looked like a fucking legendary match. i'll definitely be watching asian cup if I can find any matches on TV/online

Why there aren't many japanese in Sup Forums normally? I mean, are you guys not into sports or something?

The Copa 2016 is a special edition, the "Real" Copa was last year.
Euro, Asia, and Copa are held every 4 years. just like the WC.
Gold Cup, The North American one, is held every 2 years to help the development of stronger teams in the region.

AFCON is also every 2 years
I think holding them that often diminishes the fun of it

Guam is in Asia confed

We have huge japanese community site like 2ch. and we're not good at english :-P

Wanna translate some stuff for /fa/ cuz we need help lol

just play your games and tv shows in english with subtitles, this is how I learned

No point in using Sup Forums when you have 2ch and 2chan desu.

Because in the OFC we were crushing the other teams by huge margins.

See below:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia_31–0_American_Samoa

That's the problem.
I mean, we don't need to use english in daily life or entertainment.
So. there's no urge to learn english, there's no progress.

Please practice your English here Mr. Gook-sama

AFL thread fucking WHERE?

I was at that game live

>lives in canberra
feels bad man

but the game was amazing, and the fans were going nuts the whole game

most of the goals and the shootout were down our end too

continental tourneys are held every 4 years just like the WC, it's only the americans who meme it up with fucking annual copa americas and gold cups and shit so all of them can say "hurr we're nine gorillion-time copa winners". now that they're becoming more and more irrelevant in WCs they'll probably start holding copas every 5 months or something

Ni.

Euros are once every 4 years.
Copa America went from every 2 years to every 3 years to every 4 years, 2016 was special for the centenario.
Gold cup is every 2 years,
Asian cup is every 4 yerars
ACoN is once every 2 years

Asian cup in 2007 and 2013 were played one year before the normal schedule (ie the previous Asan cup was in 2004 and the previous ACoN was in 2012).

The asian federation had a secondary international cup, the AFC challenge cup, that was once every 2 years. A secondary african cup, the CHAN, is also played once every 2 years.

TL;DR
It's only europeans that stick to a once every 4 years cup and that's only since the modern euros, pre war it was different.

Isn't it weird for Australians to have their team play against Yemen or Vietnam? The team must feel pretty isolated in this confederation. OFC teams were at least closer culturally.

>Asian cup in 2007 and 2013 were played one year before
Asian cup in 2007 and ACoN in 2013 were played one year before

New Zealand are the only ones like us, the rest are poor dark islanders. At least the asians provide better competition

OFC has to play the 5th placed CONMEBOL team to qualify for the world cup

So you flog a bunch of tiny islander teams 10-0 then end up versing Uruguay or Colombia, which is just stupid

If they stopped calling them euros and asian cup these divisions would look less silly.

North west
South west
North
South east
South

the opponents alternate now

The AFC cup is usually fun af tbqh
Seeing Japan, Iran, South Korea and Australia being the favourites of anything is still odd though

just noticed this
>Guam population: 161,785
>India population: 1,293,057,000
how

Indians are THAT bad at sports.

>>India population: 1,293,057,000
THIS NUMBER IS INCREASING TOO QUICKLY.

INDIA PLEASE FOR FUCKS SAKES STOP

A small pile of shit is better than a huge pile of shit desu fampai.

do u watch no gaki tsukai

that bald fuck is hilarious

>we are third place at about 1/4 the population of India

what the fuck is their problem?

National team is already a low standard of the sport, combined with the fact that the Asian federation is about the worst there is. I'd recommend not. The nips are ok but you will be disappointed rooting for them

Holy crap OFC shouldn't even exist.

When are China gonna stat to dominate?

They have a proper league now
Their president is a mad football fan
Football is the most popular sport (yes it is) in a country with over a billion people
They are importing foreign coaches to train their players
Developing hundreds of academies

Who makes a World Cup final first, China, US or England?

they will be in the euros in 4 years. then the copa america after that.

fuck australia

why are you mad, you weren't even one of the ones who now miss out on a world cup spot

USA will be soon be a hispanic majority country so I'd bet on them.

Asians seem too frail for sports like football.

Asian Cup happened last year, which Australia won. Next tournament is at 2019.

Too busy studying. They don't start playing sports until they're like 13. The parents don't allow them. People really do love the sport, talk about it, watch it, buy the shirts, play it a lot, and major cities have no lack of pitches. It's cultural. Kids don't have the freedom to express themselves, so any Messilike kid will be forced down other avenues.

It's no coincidence that Koreans who are completely under the thumbs of their parents (much like Chinese) breed a kind of player that's hard-working and focussed, while culturally more liberal Japan produces more technical players.

There will be some good ones soon though. China almost has the semblance of a stable league now.

The FIFA World Cup is held every 4 years between all countries. The next will be in 2018.

The UEFA European Championships is held every 4 years between European countries and a few Asian countries (Turkey, Israel and a few others). The 2016 one is currently happening.

The CONMEBOL Copa America is now held every 4 years between South American teams (and a few invited North American teams). The next one real one is in 2019. The Copa America Centenario is not a real version (as in no-one qualifies for the Confederations Cup), it's just being held for the 100th anniversary of the Copa America.

The CONCACAF Gold Cup is held every 2 years between North American teams. The next one is in 2017.

The CAF African Cup of Nations is held every 2 years between African countries. The next is in 2017.

The AFC Asian Cup is held every 4 years between Asian countries and Australia. The next one is happening in 2019.

The OFC Nations Cup is held every 4 years between countries in Oceania. The last one was held this year.

The only ones that are actually worth watching are the World Cup and whichever one your countries plays in.

I like watching Copa and Euro

>Blatter unironically wanted New Zealand to move to CONMEBOL trying to get NZ monies like he did moving Australia to AFC

Glad he is out.