twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

TAKING HEARTACHE WITH HARD WORK
GODDAMN I AM SUCH A JERK
I
CAN'T
DO
ANYTHING

Yes unlike your thread.

I agree but it along with all early Modest Mouse it's slightly too depressing to visit regularily

TALKIN BOUT TV
PLEASE SHUT UP

THIS PLANE IS DEFINITELY CRASHING

I'M TRYIN
I'M TRYIN TO
DRINK AWAY THE PART OF THE DAY THAT I CANNOT SLEEP AWAY
Yeah I guess I can see why you feel that way

>you will never again hear that girl's cover of Trailer Park Trash.

this one?

youtube.com/watch?v=PzSc2LJ5A2k

Ugh

I love you.

Best MM song

Yeah it really is. Don't know how they got the point of Strangers to Ourselves, too bad.

Out of gas, out of road, out of car I don't know where i'm gonna go

no fuck you dramamine for life

it really sucks but I like to think Isaac could have a fantastic late-career album in him

success, less deppression. The og songs were good cause it felt like Isaac was walking on a deep edge, but now he's just trying to "pay the bills," in his own words, when he now has more money then he ever thought he'd see

It's a fine album. What sucks about it? They don't have any bad albums and StO is no exception. You guys just pissed it's different or what? I don't get why it gets so much hate

For the record I actually do think it's okay, I just want Isaac to make a really excellent album again. Wasn't saying the album sucked, I was saying that imo it sucks that they've gotten to such a comparatively boring sound

well no they started going in a symphonic direction with basically everything since the 90's, although it still felt legitimately stained with a felt sadness. It was becoming sentimental with Moon and Antarctica, and while I like some songs on We Were Dead a lot they started sounding precious. You can say that its a new mode, but the fan base changes then. Liking things based on the art and not necessarily because you're fangirling (which mean everyone has their own tastes) means the original audience doesn't connect with the new stuff as much, generally speaking. You might have belonged to that special middle ground that enjoys both types equally, and that's fine, but it really is like Cormac's change between Blood Meridian and The Road. Both are well made I guess but they should belong to different categories.

his new stuff is good, like, pop. his original audience generally wasn't a fan of pop.

Agreed. It's probably their worst album compared to everything else, but there's still plenty of great songs. The Best Room, The Ground Walks, Tortoise and Tourist, etc.

That being said U
gly Casanova was aight so idk maybe it's the pressure of an established band.

>tfw your father committed suicide the day Lampshades on Fire was released, and you got the news after listening to it, now the song/new album is ruined for you

fuck
modest mouse probably isn't what you need right now. and if it is, Lonesome Crowded West is probably better for this anyway

haha no this was like 2-3 years ago, i had already been a long time MM fan. all good now

Oh good I've been thinking about this song recently. It's getting up there to be my favorite on the album.

I had a drink the other day,
Opinions were like kittens I was giving them away and

cowboy dan tho

I didn't enjoy the other production. It sucks when artists get some capital then they add more instruments or what have you into the music. I guess for some it's great but I enjoy a simpler MM.

yup