I don't drink alcohol. I have nothing against alcohol. I don't preach about my not drinking it. And yet...

I don't drink alcohol. I have nothing against alcohol. I don't preach about my not drinking it. And yet, when people find out, some of them are clearly triggered by it. Even here it's likely to get me called names.

Why is this?

Why am I being called a faggot for not liking alcohol, specifically? Why not, I don't know, fucking mayonnaise or whatever?

Fucking faggot, go drink fanta

Well are you a faggot?

Do you have a problem with drinking? if not then why not just drink a bit here and there? otherwise say you have a problem and people won't bat an eye

>Fucking faggot, go drink fanta

I prefer coke though.

I just don't want to? Why should I cave into other people's weird unexplainable expectations? Just to fit in?

Sounds like something a faggot would do.

I'm the same way OP, I think it comes down to the fact that a lot of people associate alcohol with a good time or being "with the norm" , not drinking it makes people call you boring etc, get used to it though, your liver will thank you

mayonnaise is slav thing. you can't like it

OP is faggot confirmed, comes to Sup Forums for advice on ethics

I hate anyone who doesn't use drugs / alcohol and distance myself away from them.

Fuck them. Keep it that way, alcohol it's just a waste of money, time and health.

I'm not asking advice on ethics, i.e. what ought to be done or what should be done. I'm asking a sociological, psychological, and anthropological question: why are people so provoked by someone not drinking alcohol? Why is not changing your preferences to better suit society considered weak?

Why?

Pussy

Who cares most people are dumb niggers.

Drinking alcohol even though I don't like it, just for the sake of fitting in, would make me a pussy. Refusing to do so, even after being called names by virgins on the internet, does not make me a pussy.

I mean, clearly.

Maybe you are saying it in a fucking annoying way without realizing it.

Also culture matters, in Korea one just accepts some alcohol and leaves it in front of him.

>pussy
what? how is not liking to drink an alcoholic beverage have anything to do with that? are you retarded?

When i drink anything that has alcohol my body starts to tremble for 2-3 sec my left leg and my left arm cuts off and i cant move it for like 10 sec

pretty much this

For the exact reason you made this shitty fucking post you fucking faggot, if you don't drink keep it to your fucking self. No one cares about your bullshit reason not to drink. Shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down. Drinking alcohol has been a manly tradition passed down through the ages helping men get to sleep and unwind from a hard days work and you fucking pussy probably sit at your computer all day jacking off to shemales. YOURE A FUCKING FAGGOT

I'm really, honestly not. I just say, "I don't drink" in a very neutral voice. My friends have confirmed that the way I say it whenever I meet someone new is totally fine.

You gotta remember that these these are the kind of people with nothing good in their lives. Alcohol is a huge part of their routine, and they have to let you know how much it bothers them that you're different. The type of individual who will make fun of you for this generally isn't going to be the sharpest tool in the shed. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

STFU AND GIB MOAR

Or you can say, "no thank you" "i'm fine" "coke for me"

Just by saying you do not drink you are the one emphasizing it.

If someone asks me whether I want a drink, then I should keep the fact that I don't drink to myself? Why? Why is it such a sensitive fucking issue what I choose to pour down my body or not? Seems like you're the prissy faggot, here. The reason I started this thread was not to talk about why I don't drink alcohol, it was to find out why macho men like yourself are such sensitive little flowers about it.

I am the same way.
I consider saying my family has a "history of alcoholism" to get around it in social situations.
I believe it primarily has to do with being in a potentially compromised state around non-compromised individuals that threatens people.
Superficially it does appear that they find issue with non-conformity in general, but this makes no sense as you pointed out. They can certainly imagine what it would be like to not enjoy drinking even if they immensely enjoy it themselves.

Sure, I do that too sometimes.

No you misunderstood the poster. You're not saying it annoningly, YOu, yourself, are fucking annoying. If you've never drank before and you're making these claims you're a faggot, if you have drank before and didn't like it you're still a faggot.

Because most people who drink think drinking is 'not good' but seldom think of the alternative. You are shiwing them their own inadequacies when you willfully abstain. And weak people will hate you for it.

Does that work better?

If you don't drink at least 2 bottles of vodka a day then you're not a real man

You're being a huge one.

let's face it. You are almost as bad as a vegetarian

seems like you have a problem
alcohol saves it

How am I 'bad' for not drinking what I don't like?

Seriously, no one has addressed this yet: How is drinking just to fit in NOT something a pussy would do?

Youre the one who made this fucking post, there is literally no reason if you believe i something you dont care what people think and keep it to yourself, the fact you made this post just means you want to show people you dont do something they do like youre a special snowflake. YOU ARE A FAGGOT

It might have something to do with alcohol being seen as a social activity, if you can believe that.

>Hey we are going for drinks, you should come with
>I'll be glad to chill, but I don't drink
>don't drink? wtf is wrong with you?

By not doing the thing everyone else does, you are seen as anti-social despite your attempt to actually be social.

Puzzling.

As someone who enjoy alcohol, i'm perfectly fine with those who don't drink. If they call you names for that just tell them "unlike you i don't need alcohol in my hand to prove my manhood" or something like that. Also, milk&mint is incredibly good

>taking the b8
Gee wiz OP

This is absurd. It doesn't mean OP wants to show off, it means he wants resolution to his confusion about the world.

No, you're a retard with low reading comprehension. I'll repeat myself again and then I'll give up. Because if you don't understand after this, I think we'll just need for some sort of special ed teacher to step in for your sake: The subject of this thread is not my drinking alcohol specifically, but rather how people (like yourself) tend to react to it in everyday situations (i.e., not in this thread in particular).

Now go pray for some chromosomes.

arrive at street
>we're in position
>roger that

Next you will be telling us you don't vape, pfft.

Drinking alcohol does not make you a pussy

Conforming to some social norms (that you would probably like if you tried) so you don't stand out as the weird creepy sober kid anytime you're invited anywhere does not make you a pussy.

Because you should drink alcohol. Mankind has been drinking alcohol for literally thousands of years. It's good for you. Drink.

almost as bad as a vegetarian does not mean you are "bad"

it means it is almost as bad for me to drink my pint when you are arround as it is to eat my burger when the vegetarian girl is there with her meat is murder puppy dog eyes.

This appears to support my compromised afraid of the uncompromised hypothesis.

Thats society faggot, fit in or get out

It's because YOU hang around with fucking idiots.

I quit drinking three years ago and my friends, who all drink far too much far too often, are all really impressed and really supportive. They're the people I choose to hang around with.

If you're hanging around with people who repeatedly call you a faggot for not drinking it's your fault. Stop being their friend.

Pretty much this op, you're just gonna have to deal with it or talk to people who can have fun without being drunk fucktards

OP, you don't get it.

Most people enjoy and even rely on alcohol to make the night worth remembering/retelling. This is true for the overwhelming majority of people to such an extent that, if they went out sober, it would be an absolutely massive downgrade.

Yes, it is mildly annoying, but coming from someone who doesn't drink, you have to understand where they are coming from. They're not trying to fuck you over, they simply can't fathom someone doing things differently from them. It's like telling a fish it shouldn't be wet. If you've never been out of the water, what the fuck is that even supposed to mean?

"why does not doing thing majority does get me shunned/ridiculed" even by a majority of a minority!?

dunno groupthink i guess

well you really cant trust someone who wont drink with you.

I think it's the "if you're not with us, you're against us" metality. If you don't drink, you must be looking down at them for drinking.

You have the misfortune of being surrounded by assholes.
I mean seriously. I live in a country full of raging alcoholics and no one cares if you don't drink. People even applaud you for it.

So yeah, don't fret. Anyone giving you a hard time for not drinking is a certified retard.

>I don't preach about my not drinking it
>preaches about not drinking

Fellow Sup Forumsrother i feel you !
It's just the same with me

I haven't. I have just mentioned it and asked why it triggers people so much. For some reason this is enough to consider me preachy. If the post was against mayonnaise I can fucking guarantee that wouldn't be your impression though. It's just projection.

How old are you, OP?
I know some people who also don't drink but still come with us when we go out.
They used to catch a lot of shit back in the day but now that we are all above 20 nobody gives a shit anymore.
Only edgy wannabe alpha faggots make fun of people for not drinkig,

/thread

I have similar issues when people find out I don't like music. Some of them actually get angry over it. This post will likely get several oh so imaginative and clever replies calling me an autist.

Merely saying that I don't drink alcohol and have no plans to, while also asking why it triggers people, is preaching?

Are you fucking serious?

i don't drink too OP
even beer. i've take a sip and it's disgusting. i tried to bear with the taste but i only got headache.
i prefer matcha tbh

I understand you OP. I don't like beer or wine and can barely tolerate hard liquor enough to be social. You aren't alone. Alcohol is stupid, smoke more weed.

only responding due to your repeating 5's

Announcing to a group of people on an internet forum falls under the category of preaching, yes.

If you don't want to drink, then don't drink. That might involve getting new friends. Or getting a wife.

Notice how i did not announce my likeness to or distaste of alcohol. That is because I am not a self-righteous cunt.

>yet, when people find out, some of them are clearly triggered by it.

Because even if you're not explicit about it, you have a different ideology and thus present a slight danger to their ideology. So they mock you as a form of social mortification to try to guide you to their ideology and strengthen it, helping to secure their position in the world by proxy.

great, it's a good think...
I can't stop drinking but a lot of time I'm feeling guilty for not stopping my drinking habits.
It ages you up, it burns you down, it destroys a good night sleep, makes you lazy and fat, and also makes miss a lot of the good things around you since you become so focus on yourself and how intoxicated you are...

I hardly drink at all myself, i like to stay alert seeing as if my pager goes off i have to be out the door in seconds.
Alcohol is an r&r thing, kids nowadays treat it like it's fucking mothers milk.

>"unlike you i don't need alcohol in my hand to prove my manhood"
thanks for the after school special mom.

Not an announcement, OP was seeking opinions & discussion.

He wasn't coming here touting about how high and mighty he is for not drinking. He just wants to know why not drinking yields such strong reactions.

yep, confirmed, triggered

>Why am I being called a faggot for not liking alcohol, specifically? Why not, I don't know, fucking mayonnaise or whatever?
people are hypocrites, they probably inside think they also shouldn't drink and you are better than them or which is (my case) love to drink and can't relate, personally I don't care but always make fun a bit about it cause is not big deal, if you're a declared alcohol or with some other addiction I don't make jokes about it, my father died in a car accident he was an alcohol

>he was an alcohol

OP, I don't drink either and I can confirm that people challenge you when you say you don't. A lot of times it's simple curiosity. If you are running into aggressive assholes, it might be time to find a new place/people to hangout.

Also, for a while I did a fun experiment and said I didn't drink because of my religion. No one questioned that.

>make personal choices
>be questioned by everyone
>follow a set of norms
>everyone is cool with it

look for help, is not that hard, but you know this only when is over and you're sober for a long time

>Why am I being called a faggot for not liking alcohol, specifically?
Because you are literally a faggot for not liking alcohol, you stupid baby.

Don't worry about other peoples opinions OP.. it's pointless..

Next time someone calls you a faggot for not drinking just say you're a Rasta

>Why is this?
Because they're drunk

This is actually a good point

You know they say drinking in moderation has positive health effects right? 2 beers/2 shots/2 glasses of wine a day.

Are you a super faggot about it like you won't even eat a food wine sauce or beer sautéed food? I have a "straight edge" friend like that. If he wasn't pretty chill otherwise I'd probably tell him to quit being a faggot.

Not OP but this is how this thread has gone.
>OP:Why do people get so triggered when you say you don't drink?
>Anons proceed to get triggered that someone doesn't drink.

If OP were preaching he'd be telling everyone how drinking is bad and what not while spouting the positive qualities of being sober. He hasn't done either, all he's done is said he doesn't drink and doesn't understand why people get so offended when they find out someone doesn't drink.

And Like others have said itt, not drinking makes you seem antisocial. Regardless of how willing you are to go out with friends or w/e. Not taking part in a group activity makes you stand out. And standing out always garners attention whether good or bad. So all you can really do is try to not take it so personally when someone get's triggered by your abstaining. Bringing a bit of weed with helps too. Trust me I'm in the same boat as you, except I live in one of the drunkest cities in the country.

WATCH OUT WE GOT A VOLUNTEER FF IN HERE. STAY DRY BUDDY THE WORLD NEEDS YOU.

People generally want explanations for things. Since you give no explanation they are put off.

Yeah, great idea. Better people think of him as a pot smoking loser than someone who doesn't like drinking.

Its a joke m8.

Okay then. I'll just type lol at the end so that you don't feel bad. lol.

I don't know, drinking sucks. I used to drink pretty regularly and I always felt like shit. Now I have a shitload more money, lost 25 pounds and I don't feel like I'm going to break out in a sweat getting out of bed.

I dont drink either, I dont have any interested in it and I dont like the taste. I'm a fussy eater so I just notch it up to that.

>Alcohol is an r&r thing, kids nowadays treat it like it's fucking mothers milk.
this

I work downtown most weekends in a college town. The amount these kids drink is impressive. And I've had some good entertainment over the years thanks to their drunken antics.

probably the most accurate title. Most people don't even drink because they want to have a good time, a lot of em just drink to avoid there issues in life. Drugs, and alcohol dependency come from their lack of handling their problems.

If you're going to be a alcoholic, i suggest doing hard liquor. If all you do is drink beer, you're being a faggot. Alcohol in the end is suppose to kill you, just like meth, do us a favor and drink liquor heavily for like 5 to 10 years. you'll be dead.

tell them you have diabetes-like disease so you cant drink. you will find peace. faggot.

Used to drink at least a 6 pack a day for many years, then I just woke up one morning and didn't feel like dealing with the hangover. People ask me all the time why I stopped drinking and why I can't just have a beer or two here and there. My response is always that I don't have any self control over myself when I start so I've gotta stay off the sauce. I get left alone about it once I tell them that

i have a few friends who dont drink, we call all of them faggots but they are also chads so we probably just jelly.
if you chad it's ok, if you also ugly it's not

But they aren't unexplainable. You're just kind of a faggot. I mean, you can still be at the party and stuff but for actual cool shit to happen some booze has to be involved. If you literally just sipped on one beer for the entire night nobody would give you a second glance and you'd fit in.

The irony is most people are boring, they drink because of that fact. People who can't have a good time without alcohol

You don't need to drink.
You also don't NEED to masturbate.

Not drinking isn't a drinkers loss.
And just like mastebration, and most things in life,
moderation is key.

You can enjoy drinking or masturbation with no ill effects in moderation. Also, what do you think of people who don't masturbate? Ah.

You get it now don't ya.