Does the brain control you or do you control the brain?

Does the brain control you or do you control the brain?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang#History
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang#Problems_and_related_issues_in_physics
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metric_expansion_of_space#Theoretical_basis_and_first_evidence
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Listening to XFM right now. Fucking Rockbusters.

i think both

Brain controls me.

does Karl Pilkington have a brain?

>Stop looking at the walls
>Look out the window

You are the brain, retard.

neither, dicks control the world

watch The Ricky Gervais show

the brain controls the rest of your body
"you" are the brain, you can't control it
now this doesn't mean that you can kill someone and say woah officer, I didn't do it, my brain did
your brain is aware of the various consequences, morally and legally of committing a crime so it will factor in those consequences when deciding what actions to take

you think that you are the one making the decisions but we can show with real-time scanning that the brain has made decisions, sometimes even milliseconds before you are conscious that you have made the decision

you think you have free-will? no, 'you' are conditioning you have received since birth that dictates how you should behave. thats why children inherit behavioural traits from their parents and close childhood friends

free will is an allusion, user.

an allusion to what?

i am the brain. i'm piloting a meat suit.

on point

Ya know I meant to start conversation about the Ricky Gervais show with this, but I'm starting to realize Karl Pilkington quotes have amazing b8 potential

Hahaha... yea, no... thats bullshit, you are just making exscuses why you are a faggit.

waiting on cybernetics, im tired of living in this shitty broken down shit bag

its just science nigga, no need to be afraid
just like how how our galaxy is moving away from all of the others so fast that we will never be able to travel outside of it
we are trapped here

everyone seems to think we can just fuck around, we have plenty of time, when our sun dies we'll just move to another one.
yeah sure but when the last stable sun in the milkyway dies humankind is fucked, we are doomed no matter what we do

i genuienly think Karl is a really smart bloke. i just think he has trouble getting his point across. but what he says most of the time is not utter bollocks. id pay to have a conversation with Karl

Yes.

>our galaxy moving away from the others

You do realize we're surrounded by galaxies right?

Edgy. you sound like a 15 year old who just researched existentialism for 20 minutes and "gets it" now

Hey guys

How ya doin

"you" are a construct of the brain formed from information gathered by the brain's senses.

tru that!

you clearly know nothing about physics. as a post grad physics student, shut up.

Head like a fuckin orange.

I've listened to that goddamn show 4 times. Wish ricky wasn't such a pick now.

brain controls you

it does so much shit to keep you alive without your will at all. nearly every bodily function is done without your direct input. actions u take irl, like masturbation, fighting = production of semen, adrenaline, etc. your body tells u if ur hungry, thirsty, so u go and do it, if u cant, it does shit to prevent starvation, dehydration etc you wake up due to your brain, u fall asleep due to ur brian, you only can tell when, unless u stay awake too long and it auto sleeps

only thing u do on ur own is emotions n shit, which is just another reaction

yeah, but because the universe is expanding everything is getting further away
imagine a rubber rope with galaxies sitting along its length
when you stretch the rope, all of the galaxies move further apart from each other
it's no different in 3d space whether you are in the center or on the fringe of the universe

you realise it will be billions of years before our sun dies. Humankind will be long gone before that

I am my brain.

are you saying that we will find a method of travelling fast enough to reach another galaxy? i'm not that hopeful and congratulations on your graduation but this is barely even a physics issue

do you know how dumb you sound?

Shut it, you roundy baldy headed twat

Yeah but you assume then that most galaxies are near this "center" of the universe and we are on the rim, drifting further away from any of them.

In truth, there is no center. Our galaxy is moving, yes, but there are other galaxies on all sides of us moving as fast. We ARE surrounded by galaxies. We are NOT drifting away from the other known galaxies

Gotta love Karl's logic

its not a question about velocity this is a question of time. if we have enough time we can reach a new galaxy no matter what velocity we travel at.

you are the brain

Well, essentially we ARE a brain.

he isn't. does he trigger you?

sure, as long as we can travel faster than the rate at which the next galaxy is moving away from us, not to mention the expansion of the universe is accelerating so it will move away faster as time goes on
I don't know how I can explain it any clearer, even if we are in the middle of the universe, surrounded will other galaxies, they are all moving away from us, and each other.. use your imagination, the only way any galaxy could move closer to another is if the bounds of the universe were expanding slower than the galaxies were moving. It's not

Okay did I miss some huge announcement where humankind figured out that the universe has a "center" and "bounds"?

Or are you just talking out of your ass?

>checks url
>boards.Sup Forums.org

Ah. So the latter then

but thats working on the idea that all know galaxies are moving away from us, theyre not. some are moving towards us, for example the Andromeda galaxy is on a collision course with the milkyway

Brain controls you. This isn't even a question. The brain IS you. Dualism hasn't been supported by the majority of academics for a long time now. Time for you to go back to your high school psych class

trick question, you have two brains the left and right brain

And you're a faggot.

andromedea is the only other galaxy in our local cluster so we are being pulled together by gravity

the universe has a center and bounds, there was no announcement it is common knowledge
the bigbang originated from a single point, that point is the center, the expansion of the bigbang had an edge, that edge is the bound, it is still expanding

"does the body rule the mind, or does the mind rule the body, i dunno"

- Ian Curtis '67

yes true, so surely that disproves the idea that all galaxies are moving away from one another. Furthermore a galaxy is massive anyway, why would we need to leave it. human kind will be long gone before all the stars in the solar system have died (assuming we will outlive our own)

Time for you to understand the point of the post, you fool. You got baited, then acted smug about it

yep my mistake and i had a feeling someone would pull me up on it, andromedea is an exception because we are tied together with gravity, eventually we'll just become one big galaxy

>the big bang

You take the big bang theory for fact? It's a placeholder for something we can't comprehend yet.

...You take the big bang theory as fact... hmm

Well, you ARE the brain

>something we can't comprehend yet
no it's very well comprehended, it has been considered fact for hundreds of years

You are the brain

You are the brain. Your body is just a shell that you use to get around.

You are your brain.

Why would I torture myself?

it will literallty take Quntillions of years for that to happen. assuming the earth isnt destroyed in the collision and also assuming Humans live long enough to witness the collision. i Dont think we will be around long enough. The earth will be long gone before we need to worry about colonising other planets an evacuate our own due to the suns enevitable expantion in 20 billion years or so.

Ricky's a cunt for not knowing what executive functions are but still laughing hysterically anyway.
>Woaaaah if I'm the brain why can I move my arm but can't stop my heart?

Oh man, this is great.
Karl is the new bait king

>it has been considered fact for hundreds of years
no
English astronomer Fred Hoyle is credited with coining the term "Big Bang" during a 1949 BBC radio broadcast. It is popularly reported that Hoyle, who favored an alternative "steady state" cosmological model, intended this to be pejorative, but Hoyle explicitly denied this and said it was just a striking image meant to highlight the difference between the two models
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang#History

"You" are your brain.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang#Problems_and_related_issues_in_physics

Your spirit of consciousness ultimately controls the brain (it's a transcendal energy, your consciousness is). Brain cells are specialized cells that bridge our eternal spirit to the current mammal that we are experiencing in amnesia, considering we're hybrid beings. The brain is nothing but the physical receiver of spiritual intention. It can also be manipulated by physical means such as drugs, endogenous peptides and endocrine hormones just as a parked car can be moved by ramming it with another car , instead of a driver operating it.

People that think Karl is "bait" are fucking retarded. He asks dumb questions because he's fucking retarded. It's not an act. You're the one baited by thinking he's clever and you're clever for liking him. All that said I loved the XFM show but you guys are smug dumbasses

I think Karl is clever and I love him. You leavim alone

so someone coined the term recently? we have known about redshift for much longer
sure, 40 years ago everyone thought that evolution was was a lie too, problems get solved, it's unlikely the bigbang model will ever change

>"Well they wouldn't be my arms."
He has a searing intellect, it's just applied in the completely wrong direction.

He's bait in this instance

what do you mean behaviour is not born into people!

you mean all these niggers werent born lazy but somehow their environment caused them to have a poor work ethic?!

you so crazy man go pray to jesus for forgivness

You sound so arrogant. Do you believe in a flat Earth as well?

I'm confident in science, that might sound like arrogance, it often does and when confronted with some of the insane arguments from other communities maybe some arrogance is justified

You're a little too confident in one particular theory in science. I'm not gonna say "All theories are just guesses!" cause gravity is a theory. However, basing your whole argument on the foundation that the big bang model is completely accurate only serves to make you look arrogant. Did you even read any of the criticisms or flaws that were posted?

I'm aware of the issues but right now it is the most feasible explanation, and it is a good explanation no matter how ridiculous it sounds. More importantly accurately explains why the universe is expanding which was the crux of my original point about humanity not being able to travel to other galaxies.
This particular point is true regardless of whether or not the bigbang happened

>we have known about redshift for much longer
not for centuries, ya prick

ok over a century, settle down

And now we circle back...

If the big bang is not guaranteed true, then the universe doesn't have a "center" or "bounds"

Therefore, we are not on this "edge" of galaxies drifting away from contact. I posit we are SURROUNDED by galaxies because we are.

Therefore, your original point is invalid and we can see that in order for it to be valid, the big bang model would have to be guaranteed accurate

Are we done now?

wrong again!
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metric_expansion_of_space#Theoretical_basis_and_first_evidence

I never said we were on the fringe, I have consistently said it doesn't matter where we are, fringe or center and you are free to read "center" as "surrounded by galaxies"

Regardless of the bigbang we can tell that all other galaxies are moving away from us simply by observing them

Redshift was discovered in 1912

>Does the brain control you or do you control the brain?
>Implying I'm not the brain

>Redshift was discovered in 1912
no. and there's a difference between observing redshift and understanding the universe is expanding, something that couldn't happen till GR

You are simply a brain inside of a skeleton.

"The universe continues to grow, as Slipher's original (1912) redshift discovery indicates."
ISBN 1496946464

Ironically a book about the problems with the bigbang theory

brain affects me.

Does the body move the mind or does the mind move the body?

I don't know

Ever think that you ARE the brain?

you're clutching at straws now from saying that the big bang theory was well understood for centuries.

Your body works together. your brain is the control module and the rest of the body is like worker slaves.

You're right.

The other guys need to watch 50 episodes of shit and catch up.

> (OP)
>the brain controls the rest of your body
>"you" are the brain, you can't control it
>now this doesn't mean that you can kill someone and say woah officer, I didn't do it, my brain did
>your brain is aware of the various consequences, morally and legally of committing a crime so it will factor in those consequences when deciding what actions to take
>you think that you are the one making the decisions but we can show with real-time scanning that the brain has made decisions, sometimes even milliseconds before you are conscious that you have made the decision
>you think you have free-will? no, 'you' are conditioning you have received since birth that dictates how you should behave. thats why children inherit behavioural traits from their parents and close childhood friends