Why don't they use aluminum bats in the MLB?

Why don't they use aluminum bats in the MLB?

Other urls found in this thread:

bleacherreport.com/articles/1149406-take-me-out-on-a-stretcher-the-case-against-aluminum-bats-in-baseball
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wooden bat requires actual skill. Aluminum one would just be infinite dingers and dead pitchers, which only for braindead morons is that any good.

it would be very painful

Scores would be like 31-28

4 who?

for whom*

dumb gypsy

Nothing like the sound of a wooden bat making solid contact

because muh tradition

Try getting it next time, pineapple dutch

because aluminum bats should be for MiLB... Christ even the cape cod is all wood

whomse*

To save lives

1. Pitchers and infielders would get murdered by the speed of the ball coming off the bat (MLBers can get up to 115mph with wood bats)
2. Outfield fences would have to be moved back 200ft to avoid infinite home runs.

that's not a word

>people are complaining it would mean too many home runs

there are already too many home runs. nothing disgusts me more than seeing a team down by 4 runs, some guy hits it out of the park and starts celebrating like they're not still up shit's creek. that's not baseball, real baseball is singles, doubles, and mind boggling throws from the outfield.

Home runs are a part of baseball, it just becomes ridiculous when there's too many. They aren't exciting any more when that happens

whomser*

>MUH ERA'S

>pitchers at Coors having to face batters using aluminum
>pitchers in New Yankee Stadium facing lefties using aluminum

Players would die

the ball comes off a metal bat so much faster than a wooden one that professionals would literally kill each other. There's simply not enough time to react, especially for pitchers. Colleges shouldn't even use them any more.
bleacherreport.com/articles/1149406-take-me-out-on-a-stretcher-the-case-against-aluminum-bats-in-baseball

Enjoy your 7 hour baseball game and numerous tommy john surgeries.

The life of a professional is much more valuable than the life of an amateur.

for

Just wear a helmet you fucking pussies

it can still hit you in the chest you fucking leaf.

>pitchers wearing helmets

the fuck

Then wear a chest protector

they would need to be too heavy to protect from the speed of the ball, it would make players slower and damage the quality of the game.

>pitchers getting slower

Yeah, I would hate to lose pure athletes like pic related. Pitchers are fucking pussies

>d-don't celebrate. REEEEE I'M GOING TO THROW A 90 MPH FASTBALL AT YOUR HEAD
>wah, stop accidentally hitting balls so fast towards me
>i don't feel like learning how to contribute offensively, pls let a 40 year old giga nigga hit for me

if you have a problem with the way the AL plays then take it up with a fan of an AL team, maplenigger.

You could probably hit a ball that leaves the Earth's atmosphere entirely at Coors

>muh high altitude meme

It's not a meme. It's a scientific fact that balls travel farther there because of lower air density

1. There's nothing wrong with wood bats to begin with
2. Muh tradition, the sound of the crack of a wooden bat after contact is the best
3. For safety

you mean like the nfl?
fuck that shit they should give them metal bats and light the balls on fire and full body armor and the warning track should be a giant trampoline with safety netting on the other side so players can leap 20 feet in the air and rob them

They only use aluminum everywhere else because wood bats are insanely expensive. They don't use aluminum so they can hit further, it's just cheaper.

Humidors killed that meme, keep up

Instead of a ball, why don't the pitchers just shoot a bullet for the batters to hit.

yeah, i mean like the NFL. the game would be a lot faster and more exciting if players were willing to sacrifice their lives for our entertainment.

tbqh they should allow steroids and aluminum bats

Wood bats are fucking GOAT for the one in a million broken bat HR

Right, that's why there's still more offensive production at Coors than any other field. Lol

>fuck that shit they should give them metal bats and light the balls on fire and full body armor and the warning track should be a giant trampoline with safety netting on the other side so players can leap 20 feet in the air and rob them

games would last for 6 hours because of how many runs would be scored

HR Derby when?

whomsering

That horrible pinging noise metal bats make when hitting the ball is yet another reason why they shouldn't be used.

Go to bed gramps

i can stay up for days little boy.

Aluminium

If you think singles are exciting please leave.

So which one is it?

Platinium, amirite??? xD

i think baseball is exciting. did you watch the Mets @ Braves? that was a good example of traditional baseball being played. it's not supposed to be a home run derby.

If you need an aluminum bat to hit a home run you should lift more pussy faggot.

Shit, nigger, not only should there be more home runs, but there should only be ONE fucking pitcher per game.

Baseball is boring as fuck as it is...hell, it's almost soccer tier boring.

Almost.

>watching braves baseball

lol

Infielders would literally die. The ball can reach up to 115 mph coming off of a wooden bat, with an aluminum bat the players would have no time to get their gloves up to protect themselves. Pitchers in particular would be in extreme danger.

Where did I say that, you illiterate retard?

you'd kill the pitcher dude

There are way more -iums than -ums

Niggers never heard of helmets and face masks?

pitchers would have much shorter careers if they all had to go 9 innings every game. it's one of the most strenuous things you can willingly do to your body.

The way that pitchers throw now is so hard on their arm and most can't last a whole game. You'd start seeing teams go through 15-20 pitchers a year from all the injuries.

They throw their arms out because they don't have to worry about pitching the next day, or in some cases, the next inning.

They'd have to slow the fuck down, which might add some life to that boring ass game.

We should just take away people's mitts other than the catcher

but batters these days are used to hitting 90 mph pitches. if they slowed down they would get hammered into oblivion. you wouldn't want to watch that little league shit either. if you don't like baseball then don't watch it, nobody's holding a gun to your head.

There are way more -lands than -ens. I guess your country is called Swedland now.

They swept the Mets' shit up though

i actually enjoy the little league world series more than MLB.

but thats because i take enjoyment out of seeing little kids cry

And aluminum's one of the three -ums

When you hit a ball with a wooden bat, the bat is distributing the force over the entire bat, metal bats do not, and also would get dented everytime someone made a hit (it's fucking aluminum). Younger leagues use those bats because:
1. Kids can't pitch fast compared to MLB/majors
2. Kids can't hit very far because not very many kids are strong compared to MLB/majors

Unless you want to implement a giant metal protective fence, I wouldn't do that.

Xom

>pinging is horrible

sounds like you need some more PING

is this real

Why wouldn't it be? How is it shocking?

A manlet wielding a Garand and a lanklet holding the enlarged training model used at the time.

idk it's just a really big gun

like why does it need to be so big

So everybody in the classroom could see the working parts from 20 feet away. The other side is cutout to show the mechanics. They still do this with modern weapons.

>aluminum
is the whole US populated with inbred illiterate rednecks?

thank you for this knowledge

In American English, it is both pronounced and spelled "aluminum"

/k/nowledge goes a long way.

we don't really have guns

that's why we could turn your country into a smoldering pile of ash in a matter of minutes, right? because we are too stupid to know how to read.

what is american (and best version) of english ?

Yes you do. You have certain models which us Americans can't get anymore thanks to certain treaties.

You're freedoms are limited compared to us, sure, but the dream is still alive and you should be proud that it's still beating my northern friend.

thank you my southern brother

The crack of a wooden bat >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the ping of a metal bat

It couldn't possibly be that massive outfield could it?

defense is one of the best thing about baseball
also only outfielders can really survive without gloves

Petco Park also has a huge outfield and is one of the best pitcher's parks in the game. Matter of fact all of the biggest parks in baseball are considered pitcher's parks...except Coors. So there's more home runs at Coors because the fences are further back? What a weird coincidence lol

because homerun rates would skyrocket and games would take like 4 or 5 hours because innings would never end and games would end up being like 17-15 or 20-15

petco is an average sized park
chase and kauffman are two of the bigger ones, and they're offense friendly

marlins park I think and citi field, before they moved in the fences at least, are also bigger and very unoffense friendly.

Seems to have more to do with humidity. They always talk about the marine layer or some shit in stadiums like att, safeco and dodger stadium, usually at night, and then the ball just doesn't fly. phoenix and denver are dry as fuck

t. Ty Cobb

then why the fuck does yankee stadium lead homeruns last season?

>at sea level
>on an island
ball should go nowhere

why did i fucking laugh at this

because the right and left field walls are barely over 300 feet