Shallow spiratuality the band

Yeah dude I dropped like 5 tabs and played Rosetta stoned and it like totally changed my life I like realized like so much dude like I can't really put it into words or anything tangible but like yeah it was mind blowing dude

how old were you when you realized psychedelics and Tool were overrated Sup Forums?

Psychedelics are not overrated. Tool I realized at about 18

I don't understand why so many people shit themselves for this soft rock dronefest

/thread

Doesn't change the fact that they're great songwriters in every way besides lyrics (arguably). Their drummer's fantastic too.

Psychedelics aren't totally bogus but they get over hyped as well I thought they taught me lots at the time but in hindsight they didn't really teach me much, maybe just being able to look at things from different perspectives but 90% of people I know that do them haven't changed a bit

>he hasn't done psychedelics
>he calls them overrated
like 90 percent of this board, you lack critical thought

>over hyped
i think so too not that they suck but people over exaggerate the effects when they tell you about them so it is possible for you to expect more when you do them

If your only defense for a band is that you need to be drugged out of your mind to enjoy it, the band is not good.

he's defending drugs though

OP here ive done them enough friend and basically everyone I know has as well. I was well on the bandwagon for a year but seeing me and most of those people going no where and having fuck all to show for it other then some pretty illogical theories and a little bit of knowledge you could've got if you just read a psychology book for 5 minutes I started to question the hype

this

20 I think.

which psychedelics? LSD is not a good psych imo

>great songwriters
>Adam Jones
He's literally in D minor all the time and his playing is very samey. A little more variety wouldn't hurt, Adam. Same goes to Maynard.

They do definitely get overhyped. People think that if you just "do" psychedelics it's enough. Like you did shrooms once, most of which you spent being terrified or puking. Wow, you're such a profound person now.

You need to actually still do a lot, mentally. They aren't the answer, they're just an arrow pointing you in a certain direction. All of the rest comes from within you.

As for the band. Tool is for tools.

This. Also, psychedelic experiences vary between people, setting, etc. If you just eat a lowish dose of shrooms and watch some dumb movies with your friends its not going to be a life changing experience. Most of my most meaningful trips were alone with nothing to distract except music. On a remote hiking trail or in my room in the dark are highlights. Also, the 2c-x and 25x-NBOME drugs were shit compared to proper psychedelics (for me)

/thread

LSD, mescaline, 25i(horrible shit senpai) and fucked around with some dxm though idk if that counts, never got around to shrooms though I am still curious to try, I like how they enhance art and give you another perspective on stuff around you but I still think they're a bit overrated in terms of getting much meaningfulness out of them. I look at them more as an intellectually stimulating good time with possibly a little insight these days rather then the key to some inner cosmos or what have you

>it's a people hate Tool because of stereotypes about their senpaitachi episode

kys

Fans

Do DMT, words truly cannot describe that experience.

LSD is wonderful. profound shit has to come from inside, but as a drug, acid has a very unique way of affecting you, i personally find it really intense and awesome, especially when listening to music. it can be a little chemical and mechanical sometimes which i don't like but that's what shrooms are for, although i don't usually listen to music on shrooms. but i'd highly recommend most people without something fucked in their brain should try a heavy dose of acid at least once or twice in their life. i'd describe it as one of life's more interesting sideshows, not necessarily something to worship or equate with enlightenment but as a very novel way to experience consciousness.
i tried dmt once and i can't explain that, but it's intense. maybe not for everyone, but if you like psychedelics, try dmt

Because tripping your balls off can be a life changing experience. Tool made albums about tripping your balls off. So fans usually link Tool to their experiences while tripping.

However, they forget that you can have the same life changing experience listening to the Black Eyed Peas.

BEP is patrician as fuck
>tfw you never realized your own mortality and got over the fear of death while listening monkey business

>tripping
>listen to where is the love

honestly tho BEP has amazing shit

and well, on nostalgia value alone BEP is great music to trip to