Best Bjork album?

Today is when us Bjork fans decide: Which album do we like best? All solo albums apply.

(I may also make a poll for B sides if there's a decent demand for it)

strawpoll.me/11568999

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=47pslSyGdIw
youtube.com/watch?v=Wgwm1YDiL_0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

All Bjork discussion welcome!

I think Homogenic and Vespertine may be her outright masterpieces, but in terms of personal favorites, Post wins

Nice choice.

Personally my favorite is Homogenic but Biophilia is a close second for me, I think it's an underrated album.

basically this
vespertine is objectively her best work, but post will always be my favorite. i also think homogenic is slightly overrated, but it's overrated for a reason. it's amazing.

It always bugged me how underrated Biophilia is. Once you understand the concept behind each song and how they are constructed around it, the genius of the album unfolds

>slightly overrated, but it's overrated for a reason
What do you mean? Sorry that's kind of confusing.

he probably means Homogenic is so good people tend to overrate it over her other albums

Ohhhh. Gotcha.

medulla and debut are her best

Recommend me your favorite Björk B-side
youtube.com/watch?v=47pslSyGdIw

I'm really surprised with how many people are voting Medulla, if I'm being honest.

youtube.com/watch?v=Wgwm1YDiL_0

Posting my other favorites soon.

My favorites from each studio album:

>Debut
Venus as a Boy and One Day

>Post
Possibly Maybe and Hyperballad

>Homogenic
5 Years and Alarm Call

>Vespertine
Harm of Will and Heriloom

>Medulla
Mouth's Cradle and Pleasure is All Mine

>Volta
Innocence and Dull Flame of Desire

>Biophilia
Virus and Crystalline

>Vulnicura
Stonemilker and Atom Dance.

I hate Biophilia. We finally get a science-core album and it's trash.

Can someone clarify to me why Medulla is getting so many votes? I'm genuinely surprised by this.

good choices, here's mine

>Debut
There's More To Life Than This
The Anchor Song

>Post
Hyperballad
Isobel

>Homogenic
Joga
All Neon Like

>Vespertine
Aurora
Cocoon

>Medulla
Oceania
Submarine

>Volta
I See Who You Are
Declare Independence

>Biophilia
Nattura
Moon

>Vulnicura
Quicksand
History of Touches

Vespertine

An absolute masterpiece that contains my two favorite Bjork songs: It's Not Up to You and Undo.

the silent majority

>Venus as a Boy, Aeroplane
>Possibly Maybe, Hyperballad
>All Neon Like, 5 Years
>Hidden Place, It's Not Up to You
>Who is It, Desired Constellation
>Vertebrae by Vertebrae, Wanderlust
>Mutual Core, Moon
>Atom Dance, Family

Desired Constellation is a great song

They're voting for the idea of it. Most people only remember Where Is The Line With You and forget how shit the rest of it is.

I really loved her latest album. Family is seriously one of the best songs she's ever written.

I really love medulla in the way that vespertine is a perfect album. I would have agreed with you on how "shit it is" a year ago, but I wasn't familiar with Bjork or at least the concept of it. you could listen to it again or don't.

And Black Lake

As I said, you're voting for the concept of it. It's not even an original concept, there are many better albums that do the same thing and even manage to not use electronic samples on an a cappella album.

maybe you're right. I guess it isn't my favorite album personally. what could it be then?

I don't know, probably that over which the album title is strung.

it's actually volta for me now. thanks for clearly it up. I feel enlighten.

I should listen to Volta again since I never really gave it a good listen. how does it hold up?

I think it's a fantastic album. The duets with Antony Hegarty are some of her best works.