Refute this statement

Refute this statement.

>you can't

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films
youtube.com/watch?v=w3ugHP-yZXw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Who cares tho?

People only watched it because it was starwars, compared to the other ones (including the prequals) it sucked balls.

it also had the biggest marketing budget of all time

and its fucking star wars, they can do anything

compare it to the flop of the new ghostbusters

Its Star Wars. It would sell if they had a transexual Jabba the Hutt raping an ewok.

It would be a decent point if it was an original film but riding off the circle jerk of Star Wars isn't impressive. Also who gives a fuck?

i went because i was intrerested in the interracial relationship

Yes, but was this film any better than the original with its all-white cast? It felt like some Disney channel shit when compared with even the 1999 trilogy.

Besides, multiracial leads only work in sci fi or horror. Anywhere else and they're out of place.

seriously, nobody cares. However, this film is a continuation of one of the most innovative and successful movie franchises of all time. A dead toad could've starred and it would have broken box office records.

>We wuz underdogs n shiet
Leftism is the mainstream. Leftism has been the mainstream for quite a while now. Absolutely no one is surprised a star wars movie staring an ape and a coal burner sold well.

was not highest grossing film because of the leads but because of millions of basement dweller fanboys who jizz their pants over a copy&paste-movie. if it was an original series with these lead actors, the above statement would apply

As far as I can remember there was no relationship between them, and you're also a retarded cuck for caring about their races.

>inb4 calling me a bigot, my gf is black

> most lucrative science fiction story of all time
> massive advertising budget
> backed by Disney money
> a year and a half of hype
> "OMG BLOCKBUSTER AMAZING MOVIE OF ALL TIME FOREVER!'
> literally a rewrite of A New Hope
> SJWs rally behind mediocre, over sold, lackluster movie.

It's not hard winning with a stacked deck.

it had the title, dickwad. also implying we didnt watch it for han and chewbacca. 2/10 made me reply

this

its the third highest grossing of all time. dumbass. james cameron still has 2/4 of the top hahahah

People watched IN SPITE OF the female and minority leads; why? Because it's FUCKING Star Wars. The Jews could of casted a retarded snow leopard and an Indian street pooper and it STILL would of grossed millions. OP is a massive faggot. Thread destroyed. Thread closed.

this, also the acting really was lacking, felt like watching a Sup Forums-movie.

It's a star wars movie. It could have been a close-up of a fat guy's dirty asshole for 2 hours, people would have still bought tickets.

ITT: tiny penised white men

Action figures of Finn still don't sell tho

ITT niggers thinking they are people

not even gonna refute the countless flaws in that trolly ass picture
maybe i should save it though, its pretty good. i literally have to fight the urge to rage after seeing that shit

>Highest grossing film of all time
FN and the pilot had more of a relationship than him and Rey.

How does it feel having the highest grossing film of all time keep traditional values of African-Americans succumbing to prison gay syndrome?

Incorrect.

no one wants to look at your asshole for 2 minutes

is there any way to get that adjusted for inflation?

nice shoop

I do

Yeah only because it was fucking star wars. Pull that shit with any other movie see how it goes.

>mfw jurassic world was shit
how dafuq is it #3?

>Avatar number 1
Maybe it's just because i was a bit younger at the time, but i never will understand how it got number 1. People seemed to like it, myself included, but what made it number 1?

you're underestimating dumb people in large numbers and what they're willing to spend their money on.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films

Not a shoop.

He'll be white in the next film.

its star wars

/thread.

its #4 you brain dead mongoloid

>Pre-existent, popular IP

If the main characters were sea cucumbers, it would have broke the box office. You know why? The Star Wars name.

marketing and it was the 1st big 3d release. its had no cultural impact and i dont get why they're making another 3, who gives a fuck?

if people found out it was about sea cucumbers they wouldnt go so thats not true is it

>juat did

Hollywood never told anyone that minority leads in movies didint sell

/thread

films sell if they are good, this was fucking star wars, it would sell even if the main character was a fucking ISIS fighter.

Looks like its working well with ghostbusters!

youtube.com/watch?v=w3ugHP-yZXw

What? Seriously?
They are making 3 fucking sequels to Avatar?!
How even? About what?

>The only reason people watched it was because of old films with white male leads.
>Literally every single person I asked who watched it said it was horrible because they chose the actors thinking DIVERSITY!!! instead of thinking talent.
>Never watched it myself because I was convinced by over 100 people never to go near it.

>tons of money dumped into it
>research done into making the blue people look as appealing as possible
>Dances with wolves but sci-fi, so both audiences
>well known, accomplished director
>people love dumping money into stuff like this

Lots of reasons user. Either way, highest grossing doesn't mean best or even good.

Also too many dumb people just believing OP's lies.

user, of course they are. You don't dam a waterfall made out of cash.

This

that nigger didnt do shit in the movie but be a slave, thats why white people loved it.
didnt even get to kiss the girl

nope not even touching that.. go be a nigger someplace else please

Still though, about fucking what?
It's not like the premise or the world of the first Avatar was particularly interesting.
The conclusion of the first movie didn't really leave anything unresolved.
So what can you possibly fill 3 more movies with?

>adjusting for inflation
also known as cheating

Finn and Poe were pretty much the only enjoyable characters of the entire movie.
Personally, I thought Finn was the best.

How to be black online:
>use stereotype card
>go to jail for using the internet instead of working
Lazy ass niggers

niggers

How to be white online:
>be gay
gay ass crackers

truuuuu dat homie fuck deez racist homophobic white ass faggot crackers

> You're a retarded cuck for caring about races

Oh america - when will you join us in 2016?
1950 MUST be getting stale.

plot line un-originality =/= a full all women recast dressing up a shitty comedy plot using the ghostbusters franchise as a 'skin' just to please feminist SJWs...

dont get me wrong an all woman cast isnt bad by any means but the way they implemented it and the writing style just isnt ghosbusters.. they just wrote a shit slapstick comedy and dressed it up as ghostbusters in an attempt to sell.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be minorities or women, in my opinion it's all about acting talent, but it is Star Wars. Star Wars is gonna sell big regardless of who's billeted.

hmmm...I wonder if there was anything else that could have contributed to the popularity of that film...

I'd watch that

OP is a fag.

But you are.
You cuck

Generally TFA based all of it's earnings on the fact that
1. it's Star Wars so hype was already there
2. it had the original cast members
3. fans were generally disappointed with the prequels
4. it was a 'holidays' xmas time movie and had no real competition at the time of release

It had *NOTHING* to do with anything else regardless of having a nigger and a Mary Sue as leads.

you know how fin has feelings for rey? well, in the next movie, you're gonna find out they are brother and sister. this will normalize sibling incest

just sjw's stealing money from already big franchises.
look at ghostbusters

Avatar and Titanic have higher woirld-wide gross

Inflation list is only from 2014. It puts Gone with the Wind at #1 at $3,440,000,000 (In 2014 dollars)

Highest grossing film of all time is Avatar and it features a white man and mixed race Hispanic woman in the lead roles as Jake and Neytiri respectively.

The only reason Star Wars did well because of the name and 24/7 constant marketing which affected old school fans and the new generation. The next 5 films won't do nearly as well. On basis of profit it didn't do aswell as they hoped as they spent over $1.1bn on making the movie and marketing it worldwide.
This. The prequels were more Star Wars than the shit they've shilled since last year.

Star Wars sells.

/Thread