/grimes/ - (feat. Joe Maddon) edition

Similar to how baseball is America's pastime, Grimes is Sup Forums's pastime. Love her or hate her, she's gonna be talked about. So talk about her.

Keep it music related please and as always, be nice to Grimes!

Other urls found in this thread:

vogue.com/13426493/coachella-2016-christine-and-the-queens/
soundcloud.com/corbanthepoet/markremix-ft-white-knoise
clyp.it/pgk1bj2k
youtube.com/watch?v=EV3SqsJlulk
youtube.com/watch?v=ANlnXgcaxHo
instagram.com/p/BMYxPQODUPO/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>(feat. Joe Maddon)

why

will grimes shitposting (pro and anti) ever end?

Grime blud

Makes sense

Cubs fans are just a cancerous as Grimesfags

Grimesfags are much worse

Should I be attracted to grimes?

i'll pm you

Because Joe Maddon is the Master Wizard and Grimes needs to learn more magic from him.

i love grimes only

dude don't fuck with maddon. he's broken a 108 year old curse and allowed the spirit of a goat to sleep peacefully 71 years after it began its haunt

>image

Are you that guy who keeps a folder of some black guy?

They quite literally won in spite of him dumbass

two of the cutest people on earth rn

Lol talk about shoehorning in non-music-related content. Granted I'm still LMAOing at the sheer ingenuity of it, so as long as rule #1 is followed I'm cool with it.

he looks like he speaks loudly because nobody wants to listen to him

he's pretty quite

quite whaT? lol

Lmao

He's not, he's a real thoughtful guy

Is it true that Christine and the Queens is a huge Grimes fan?

>You and Grimes have been vocal about your appreciation for each other, and now you’re playing at her concert at L.A.’s Shrine Auditorium. How was it when you first met?
>You know, we haven’t met yet. We actually wrote to each other all the time. We constantly miss each other. I’m here and she’s gone. I think we are going to properly meet now. So far we’ve been tweeting to each other, like, “When are you available?” And we keep missing each other. It’s like a romantic comedy, where the main characters just miss each other [by] seconds. I’m actually impatient to meet her. I’m preparing to meet her now. To be honest with you, this is why I go to the gym. I want to be in my best shape to meet Claire—I want to be radiant.
vogue.com/13426493/coachella-2016-christine-and-the-queens/

androgynous sex tape cum music video when?

why not theo?

soundcloud.com/corbanthepoet/markremix-ft-white-knoise

Check out the song I did over Grimes' Oblivion doeeeeeeeeeee

please talk about grimes

This. Thanks OP for ruining a streak of good /grimes/ threads.

i hope our grimey is sleeping well

>Similar to how baseball is America's pastime

yeah 50 fucking years ago

All OP is saying is that grimes' thigh gap is bigger and more impressive than the cubs win gap. She should write a team song about it.

Do you know what really separates Grimes from most singer-songwriters? Her instrumentals could stand out on their own. Most singer-songwriters rely heavily on vocal melodies. If you remove their vocals from their songs what is left is just some bland, generic, nondescript background music. Grimes is able to create great vocal melodies and great instrumentals. Case in point, the Be a Body instrumental: clyp.it/pgk1bj2k

thats not true at all don't be a dumbass

youtube.com/watch?v=EV3SqsJlulk

B-E-H-A-V-E
Arrest us

>thats not true at all
It's very true. And I said most singer-songwriters. Your example is exactly what I meant: same boring, plodding piano line during the whole song.

>same boring, plodding piano line during the whole song.
If you wasn't a fellow grimes fan I would have scolded you badly for that lazy criticism.
Please make educated opinions next time okay baby?

>educated opinions
Wait a minute, are you a music judge? Do you actually deny that instrumental is very repetitive and it couldn't stand on it own, and without vocals is just a plodding piano line? I don't need to write to you a whole essay why that instrumental is unexciting when you could clearly hear it for yourself. You may be a Britney fanboy but that doesn't make "your" instrumental any better.

It's a beautifully composed piece by britney that's full of sad emotion. I would love to see you explain why its "uninsterstering" just because it doesn't have grimes adhd twist to it. I love both artist but again you're being an uneducated twat. You are better than this user!

here's another good standalone pop track youtube.com/watch?v=ANlnXgcaxHo

>It's a beautifully composed piece by britney that's full of sad emotion.
That's subjective. You're deluded if you think that piece could compare with Grimes' instrumentals. I actually don't even hate mainstream pop (I like Taylor Swift, Tove Lo, Madonna, Michael Jackson, Rihanna, Ellie Goulding, Tinashe, and others), but that first instrumental bored me. The second one is better.

>uneducated twat
You're the twat for your ad hominem attacks when someone doesn't enjoy "your masterpieces". Just stop it.

>says its subjective
>then goes on saying nothing compares to grimes
did you drop out of highschool?
it shows
stop giving us grimes fans a bad name okay?

>then goes on saying nothing compares to grimes
It's my opinion (subjective). Should I write IMO after every sentence to understand even a dumbass like you?

>stop giving us grimes fans a bad name okay?
Don't you dare to speak on behalf of the Grimes fans.

Actual music-related Grimes content coming through:

>So a couple months ago Roli hit me up about making sound packs for their new hardware/ software intrument/thingy called Blocks, which I'm v excited abt cuz i make a lot of sound packs @ home and Am v keen to give it a try for somebody else, plus have just generally enjoyed making music on this thing.
Essentially, It's sort of a synth-you can load different sounds into it from the software and create beats and instrumentals. The software element is where u access the sounds (u can access the software without the hardware on an ipad or smthn if u want to get an idea of the style of sounds and some of the features). It's great for beginners becuz you can do things like choose a scale and then it visually lays it out for you so that if you don't have formal training you can see/ understand how to compose a piece of music in a specific key.
>
>Anyhoo, the thing i really love about this is that allows you to start producing music without necessarily having a lot of experience. (although if ur deep in it its still really fun -- u can synch up the apps w DAWS like ableton if you want). it's also 'multi timbral' like the seabord rise-- so u can intuitively alter parameters like vibrato or whatever with ur fingers, you can make synths sound almost like natural vocals or violins etc. plus its cheap /portable. lastly, It's modular, meaning you can buy the small individual pieces and slowly build the machine that suits you best and kind of design it yourself, rather than making a giant initial investment and theres no wires, they just kinda connect like lego.
>
>so yeah, I obviously get 2 stoked on gear sometimes, but I feel really passionate about this in particular because i believe it will bring the art of music production to more ppl & stoked that they asked me to be involved in creating sounds for it (alongside some v cool producers) haha.
instagram.com/p/BMYxPQODUPO/

and the shilling continues

It's nice that Grimes was involved in this project. She's doing what she likes (sound packs) for a device that will make the music making easier for the masses. Let's not forget that she didn't even study music theory when she first started making music, she just listened to a shitload of music. Without the democratisation of music making (e.g. GarageBand) probably there would be no Grimes.

Loli Grimeth with dad and brothers

>shilling
GET OUT

dude the facebook post with the "Grimes talking about music technology @ROLI Blocks" start just makes it obvious that it's not something spontaneous
also garage band isn't that simple t b h

cute family

>dude the facebook post with the "Grimes talking about music technology @ROLI Blocks" start just makes it obvious that it's not something spontaneous
Because it's business. She signed a contract with them and she must promote them. This is basic: you're doing your job, you got paid for it.
>also garage band isn't that simple t b h
I did a whole song in 3h without knowing anything about this program and without reading any manual. OK, maybe it's not that simple for anyone, so these new Blocks gadgets have their purpose: to make music making even simpler.

rareeeeeeeee

this girl just called you a fath faggoth, what do you do?

lift for her

choke 'er

>"Grimes talking about music technology @ROLI Blocks" start just makes it obvious that it's not something spontaneous
Only if you don't pay attention to details. For whatever reason (theories abound) Grimes doesn't routinely personally manage her Facebook page. Most everything you see there is a repost from another source (in this case Instagram) posted on her behalf by a third party - most likely her manager Lauren Valencia.

I just listened to AA for the nth time. Still catchy as hell.

>Skinny
>Hairy-pits
>ADHD
>Autism
>Greasy
>Disgusting hair
>Uni-Brow
>Shit music
>Cancerous fans
>Wannabe Chink
>Ugly
>Lisp
>Disables Youtube comments muh feelings
>Moustache
>Constantly makes posts about herself on Sup Forums

Grimes should change her name to Grease.

Grease List v1.4

You're more cancerous than all Grimes fans put together.

>chink
Why the racism

Because whoever did that list is a piece of shit. Hopefully he will be cursed by diarrhea for a whole month.

You guys need to get out more

but i'm happy here

You could get out and post from your phone. Just sayin'.

Who said I wasn't retard

The latest pic with Grimezsz

I have to admit she's looking more like a person and less goblin like recently

cunt

Hey now be nice

i am being nice

>goblin
Lol

try a little harder

like that guy

DADDY

why upload that instagram post to her facebook then? that's not usual at all

So that people who only follow her on Facebook can see it.

who else cried to the realiti music video here?

because it's an ad

not me

>because it's an ad
A personalized ad. She wrote that herself, it's her style.

also cried during genesis

i would've crushed on her

she finally released a video for the good version?

did you notice that instagram post seemed to be entirely about explaining WHY she's shilling it? it almost read like it was directed at the anons who were calling her a sellout.

like what, like it isn't an ad? it's written like that
and she knows her fanbase very well, it's not about these threads at all

the argument anons were making was that she was just taking the paycheck to shill some toy to her fans, that a professional producer like herself wouldnt really have a need for it.

yeah long ago

she hates these threads, ill make it clear for the 2 people reading. her fans here hate her anyway. pay attention

Is Grimes a lesbian? Or bi?

Yes.

What are some other songs like Kill v. Maim? Pleb here

>ruining a perfect "MADMAN" maddon thread with that ugly gremlin mug
grimesfags are the fucking worst

not vidya

she's gay for straight, no point otherwise

What?

best thread on /mu "rn"

You know the reason behind that right?

>grimes will never release studio version of predecessor of crystal ball
>grimes will never release studio version of david
>grimes will never release studio version of saturn princess
>grimes will never make pre visions sounding music
>grimes will die in your lifetime due to malnutrition and weed OD

>OD on weed

kek

I'm surprised you didn't say
>tfw Grimes will never sit on my face while playing COD modern warfare and queef while an unreleased demo of hers plays in the background

as long as she's happy

Cubs fan here

Would rather not be associated with you guys so could you take Maddon out of the OP? Nothing personal thanks

why wouldn't you want to be associated?