>dissing the birthday kid

No cake for you

you need to explain why

I LIKE IN THE AIRPLANE OF THE HOTEL LMAOOOOOOO SO CONTERVERSIAL

Animal Collective
Joanna Newsom
Ween

I'm seeing a pattern here

Vocals are boring and sound like they were recorded in a bathroom. The drum beats are rhythmically basic and like any other generic rock track. It fails to make good use of effects (which is a key element given it's a shoegaze album), and could benefit from more but sadly it's mainly distortion. Also, all of it is mixed badly and every element clashes with each other.

Overall, it's a pretty poor choice for what's meant to be the pinnacle of a genre.

why

So you like shoegaze but not MBV? That's intriguing. What kind of stuff are you into?

It's not the pinnacle of a genre. Don't put it on a pedestal. It's the ramblings of a bunch of depressed teenagers and it sounds sad and angry. Don aman is literally me

I wasn't very enamored with it either when I skipped around the album; I put it on one day with the full intent to listen to it just to say I tried and once My Girls and Also Frightened played I loved it.

But Sometimes and When You Sleep doe.

Those are alright, but I think it's overrated as a whole.

I don't really listen to much shoegaze, I'm just using my judgement from listening to other stuff that sometimes incorporates similar elements.

Even this as an example, albeit this is a sort of silly one to use, improves on pretty much every aspect I brought up.
youtube.com/watch?v=_vl96c7Bjmo

To say that THIS has better execution in multiple different areas, I think that's saying a lot when you look at how much praise Loveless gets.

>when I skipped around the album

Hopefully this whole experience taught you the error of your mega pleb ways

WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU SKIP AROUND AN ALBUM?

these

its honestly so boring

not everyone love these user
same for you

you guys need to be more contrarians COME ON STEP IT UP

I've listened to this garbage three times now.
The only track that could be considered good was Frownland.

His whiny and obnoxious voice ruins the album

I can respect this as the product of it's time and well-made at that, but this shit is just subpar in 2016.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I love shoegaze, but absolutely hate Loveless.

Kid A.

European Son and Heroin are the only tracks i like

Fuck everyone, this album is irredeemable

>vocals boring
Personally I like them but that's just down to personal preference
>sounds like it's recorded in a bathroom
Very closeminded to lofi then
>drum beats are basic
Agreed but how is that bad?
>fails to make good use of the effects
How? Have you even heard loomer?
>badly mixed, every element clashes with each other
It doesn't at all. It's meant to sound swampy and so everything kind of blends in. There's no clashing

>not liking Venus in furs

Bring it

what would you say makes it good? I've probably tried that song the most and I can't get into it

>Bring it
as if the album is loved by everyone

>Vocals are boring and sound like they were recorded in a bathroom
>it's mainly distortion
>Also, all of it is mixed badly and every element clashes with each other

welcome to shoegaze

i'd love to hear your views on how noise music is too loud

The atmosphere created ,by the viola I'm assuming, is perfect for the subject matter and sounds great. The chorus where it lifts with 'I am tired I am wiery' sounds beautiful whilst still maintaining the dark aspect with the viola (again I'm assuming it's a viola not that sure what it is)

Hair Pie to Moonlight on Vermont to Pachuco Cadaver is the three song run that got me into the album

Same

He's obviously talking Loveless you fucking idiot

Are you me?

Why don't you read the thread?

>Even this as an example, albeit this is a sort of silly one to use, improves on pretty much every aspect I brought up.
>To say that THIS has better execution in multiple different areas, I think that's saying a lot when you look at how much praise Loveless gets.

holy fucking shit dude

At least you picked two good tracks.
And at least you got dubs.

>not everyone love these
it's obvious since these albums are mentioned in this thread, isn't it?

>gives example of something better than loveless
>Posts weeb music
Only now do I realise this whole thread was bait

he has to be fucking around. has to be

he brought up the vocals of loveless being a problem and then posted that

I think by the fact that he hasn't replied to anything afterwards probably means he's enjoying the (you)s

You've got to be fucking kidding me.

I'm convinced this is just a meme on here, biggest waste of time I've ever sat through

dont take it to seriously and its kinda enjoyable

Pretty much EVERY Radiohead album.
So help me god I just can't like this band, their music just sounds bad to me. I think the shitty vocals are the biggest issue.

You. You are not alone.

>he doesn't listen to music because it's fun

literally anything by death grips is garbage from start to finish. i have no clue what you beta faggots see in that music

Good answers

why do people who don't like this album seem to think that we like it because it was the first album to be purely sample based? we like it because its sample based, not because its a milestone. there aren't many albums that are like that and it so happened that one of the first ones to do it also happened to make it work the best.

came to the thread to post this

I just find it so boring.

These

>inb4 muh theory
Fuck off, I was a composition major.

All of these.

You just don't get it. You can't listen to this album expecting muh experimentalz museeqs, this album is supposed to be FUN. Just that, mindless fun.

these just bore me. i dont hate them.

this is normiecore son. if it was bait you better step it up

Have you ever considered the possibility that you don't like music?

:^)

let me rephrase that

enough peoples dislike these that disliking them isn't contrarian

this

you're not wrong. it's extremely overrated there's so much better shoegaze out there anons are just lazy or ignorant and hold on to this one as god tier it's hilarious

NMH has grown on me. After loathing it for a while I put on a few tracks and loved it.

Loveless' trebbly production is off putting at first but once it clicks it is amazing. I recommend being high as fuck for a relisten of this.

I found this excellent until the weeb voice came in.

My bloody valentine doesn't even use that many effects. It's almost entirely straight out of a cranked amp with overdrive before the reverse delay. 2 pedals.
Sometimes sounds like an acoustic guitar through a wet/dry rig with a fuzz on the "wet" amp. I'm pretty sure loveless is mono too, could be wrong.

ebin

This

To everyone: Never take someone's opinion seriously if they haven't given the album a full listen, but I shouldn't need to tell you guys this

>we like it because
Speak for yourself

All of their music 2bh pham s-m-h

These & pic related

Post Punk is gr8 but these guys are just so melodramatic, its really pathetic

Like every album that is mentioned here

Well fuck you, you have a shit opinion

How the actual fuck?

I can see this. Anco is so inconsistent

THANK FUCK FUCK THIS ALBUM UP THE ASS

THANK FUCK

GO DIE HIS VOICE IS PERFECT

Bad answer

Its mediocre but WL/WH is so much better

Now thats edgy

I can see this, I like Earth though

Ive avoided this

You gotta listen to it in context with the rest of his stuff

Its OK Mike, we know you are shit

FFFFFUCK OFF
This is mine, I generally hate industrial as a genre

pretty sure MBDTF, MPP and TMR are hated as much as these
what's your point?

kys

I did listen to it expecting fun.
It was awful.

okay let me rephrase that again : these TWO albums are more controversial than loveless or lets say Sung tong or even close to the edge

those albums are known to be disliked by quite a lot of peoples

sure they aren't THAT much more ontroversial but still you get my point

maybe my thought on Sup Forums consensus are off on these so sorry if i pass off as a retard

what

ok then, but they're Sup Forumscore anyway, so it's not anything weird to post them here, lots of people love them as well

these

most annoying album in existence

>Loveless' trebbly production is off putting at first but once it clicks it is amazing. I recommend being high as fuck for a relisten of this.
I think the opposite, to me the worst part of shoegaze is the whole chord strumming jangle bores me to death, especially with the usual singing on top of that.
Kinda like some people instantly diss extreme metal because of the growled vocals/shrieks, but the other way around.

Fags

It's just plain bad

Homework is OK though

you would like Asobi Seksu. check out the album Citrus. its a lot like the example you posted except its a real band and theyre pretty good.

also you suck, you're wrong, you're a fag, kys, etc etc

THIS.

i can't stand that dude's voice. makes the whole album sound like some englightened fall out boy equivalent. pure cringe.

You are the one to talk pleb

the whitest kanye album. i can't stand it.

yeezus and tlop are god tier tho

def a time and a place. sample-based music was a very different climate back then. i still fuck w it tho.

kill yourself

I understand people hating this album. However, it's my favorite album ever made.

fuck off racist

Everyone hated this

It's a lot of fun, but I'll agree that it could be a bit shorter.