What is Sup Forums's opinion on Limp Bizkit? Are they approved here...

What is Sup Forums's opinion on Limp Bizkit? Are they approved here? Their albums are fucking solid if you ask me and pic related is severely underrated.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QJ1Taue2ON0
youtube.com/watch?v=kOaqcfTZgno
youtu.be/Ajs5ul31Ea4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Meme band

My Generation sample
youtu.be/QJ1Taue2ON0

Brave, OP. I'm afraid Limp Bizkit is lumped in with the whole 'nu-metal' thing, the memest of meme genres - so, not actually bad, just difficult to take seriously. 'My Way or the Highway' was my jam when I was 14 or so, and I actually still listen to it once in a blue moon.
My last encounter with Limp Bizkit was when someone posted the Gold Cobra video in the /metal/ general. I had a slightly cringy chuckle, particularly at how there are two kick drums in the kit, even though the beat is basic AF.

Among the worst music ever made.

Not even joking.

Nu metal is still fun to listen to, it was huge at the time and well loved but like with a lot of trends it became the thing to hate because people overcompensate by trashing it out of personal embarrassment.

See post above

I feel like nu-metal became hated because people over-emphasized some notably bad acts and tropes associated with it.

It's a product of its time. Granted, Limp Bizkit was considered low tier critically back then, but it accomplished what it set out to do.

You hit the nail on the head. As a mild autist, I'm a bit uneasy with 'fun' music, but that's no reason to go around trashing it. Here's one tune I enjoy without embarrassment:

youtube.com/watch?v=kOaqcfTZgno

no

i would put foo fighters there. its like nickelback but with a normal fanbase. it kills me when my friends keep telling me how much they love dave grohl. how can anyone not see foo in the same category as nickelback? at least people regard nickelback as bad. the fact that common people enjoy foo makes that band take the bait for me

Agreed. I have no idea why they're so well liked. They are generally bland and their good songs aren't that great. I do love Everlong though. There's a massive circlejerk around him.

eh i don't care what others think about the whole "nu metal" genre. Yes there are a lot of crap nu metal bands but imo Limp Bizkit and Korn got it down just right. Fred's Lyrics aside you can't deny the actual guitars, bass, drums behind it are tight as fuck.

>tfw these guys defined my childhood
>tfw they stopped me from killing myself
>tfw i picked up the guitar from listening to their music

don't give a fuck what others think they are 10/10 imo.

limp bizkit might be shit, but Take a Look Around is one of the heaviest hitting tracks out there

in my opinion

Right? At some point it just became cool to love the Foo Fighters and hate Nickelback. It's much more of a social phenomenon than a musical one.

I went 2 days to a 3 day festival in the summer and Korn was the second last band behind Disturbed on the main stage the first night I went. I got there at around 4 30 and there were a bunch of Korn shirts all over which surprised me. I liked them at the time and really loved some of their songs but I didn't really care about seeing them other than it being novel. They fucking killed it. They sounded amazing and J Davis had a shitload of energy jumping around. I was pretty high up in the stands but everybody was going nuts. I came away super impressed by them. Disturbed was next and they were shockingly boring. Even the songs I was looking forward to didn't do much for me. I guess it's Draiman's style of slowly walking dramatically spreading his arms. I get it but it doesn't make for fun showmanship.

Slipknot was the major headliner and holy shit that was the craziest show of my life. Absolutely amazing and I never cared for them outside a couple songs before that. Babymetal was awesome too, drew one of the biggest crowds and had by far the most active crowd of the second stage (mosh pits, circle pits, wall of deaths, CONSTANT body surfing all over the place, there was barely any of that for anyone else on the 2nd stage) and everybody looking happy as fuck. Gojira was also really good.

I bet Limp Bizkit is as fun as Korn live.

For me it's Break Stuff, song gets me as hype as any other.

Don't forget Creed, who people probably forget, Stapp and Fred had a feud and Stapp kind of make Fred look chicken lol

man, foo fighters are just as shit as nickelback. Both are just terrible and all their songs sound the same.

nu metal is party music, it's more enjoyable if you don't take it seriously

nah
neither are foo fighters though they are bland as it gets
generally the worst music isn't even what has a broad hatebase but what comes from extremely specialized, "radical", especially diy niches, like noise or raw black metal or what have you that just completely loses its point

Whatever tasteless, gullible fucktards say, Limp Bizkit is great for what it is, best for its own good, and nu-metal is one of the best genres ever, still kicking shit-tier asses with good fresh stuff.

OP here

fucking this right here. Nu-Metal still kicks ass and when done properly its fucking ferocious

youtu.be/Ajs5ul31Ea4