Any polyglots/avid language learners here?

Any polyglots/avid language learners here?

Anyway, I started learning french a few days ago, using Assimil and some Duolingo.

>"Bonsoir, comment ça va? Je m'appelle user. Nous sommes à Sup Forums. Es'çe que vous avez lė cigarette?"

I've been learning norwegian with Duolingo but stopped for a while, not much point because I almost never get in contact with it, but I will definitely continue, it was the first language I actually started learning by myself.

>"Hei mennesker! Jeg liker dette nettstedet. Har du noen "maymays" for meg? Gi meg bilde av pene jenter, vær så snill. Takk."

Spent 4 years learning "la lingua italiana" and I can speak less italian then french, kek. Fucking school system. At least I can understand some of it.

>"Non posso parlare italiano baka desu senpai."

So, is anybody here learning some new language? Can you recommend some good learning materials?

/language learning/ general or whatever.

Maybe we can do some practice, at least learn to speak memes in a new language if nothing else.

Yes :
-C++
-Object Pascal
-PHP

Est-ce
Une cigarette.

And I think it's non puo. Use gooogle trad you faggot. You're learning useless shit anyway.

Ofc, I might as well mention that too:

Basic C++
Basic Java
HTML, CSS
Javascript + frameworks
PHP
Basic Ruby on Rails
Python

Learn Mandarin, Spanish and German, depending what you want to do in life

>"Bonsoir, comment ça va? Je m'appelle user. Nous sommes dans Sup Forums. Est-ce que vous avez une cigarette?"
Fixed

kill yourself.

Tu lo que quieres es follarte a tu padre

Ah, yes, my bad for french. But "posso" is correct for italian, there is "può" but that is 3rd singular.

At least it proves I didn't just try to act smart by using Translate like a faggot.

And why do you think it's useless?

>polyglot fadeno
>ne esperantistoj

absolute Haram.

Ah, it's "dans" too, thx. Yeah, Assimil basically just starts with a whole sentences without going deep into grammar so it'll happen for some time.

Esperanto is easy to learn but a lot of shit gets mixed up all the time. Useless

ido fagoto eltrovita

Si ton tonton tond ton tonton, ton tonton sera tondu

Русский

>"polska" język trudna jest

Cento per cento

Jajajajaja que cabrón

What's the point of learning Mandarin?
>to go to China
What's the interest in there?

>learning to speak french
>go to france
>nothing but muslims
Yeah, it's going to be like that.

How do you commit yourself to learning a language ? I know basic German and French, but that's just because I'm from a German family and took French classes in high school. Whenever I've tried to learn one myself (many times), I've always lost interest very quickly. How do you do it, anons ?

Never found a will to learn russian, but I guess it would not be so hard because I'm somewhat close to you guys.

Also, CYKA BLYAAAAAAT.

Kurwaaaaa.

Pretty much everything I know.

A lot of industrial companies outsource to China, if you can speak the language you'll be a supervisor there in no time

Actually speak the language

I've done that, it does nothing to help.

Русский

>because I'm somewhat close to you guys.
Bad for you

>learn french in school
>go to france for 6 months
>listen to french music
>talk french to people online
>read french magazines
>start watching movies in french with subs
>leave the subs out

I speak a perfect english and spanish, and I'm not a fucking beaner, want to learn german, that shit sounds perfect

Why would you want to learn Norwegian?.... There is almost nobody you can speak norwegian with

Mk y tu probablemente quieres llegar a Colombia o algo, encontrar una nena bien buena, fallar tela, y joderte la vide teniendo que pagarle Child support el resto de la vida del niño lol kys familia porfa

Already conversational in Japanese, so I'm re-learning Korean and teaching myself Mandarin at the same time. Three languages, three kingdoms. This is their romance.

Nah, I'm not really interested in French and I can read a lot of stuff in it if I have a dictionary on hand. I mostly want to learn Japanese, but haven't started because I know I'm going to quit anyway.

Find a local who speaks the language you want to learn and ask them for help. If they are foreign and don't want to help threaten to vote UKIP/Trump/whatever other anti-immigrant party is in your country.

My grans friend is Danish and is actually a retired teacher so has 40 years experience in teaching people English and shes been teaching me Danish as well as duolingo and suggested I get a book off amazon.

Understanding prepositions,conjunctions and verbs/adverbs are good things to learn very early on as they're obviously used in everyday language in any language. The nouns you can just learn as you go along (Learn basic ones first and practise pronunciations out loud all the time)

Make sure you're dedicated to it. I'm only dedicated to learning Danish because I want to live there, Danmark er bedste

Don't use stupid shit like duolingo that just makes you learn a bunch of nouns and phrases by rote.
Learn the grammar and tenses / case first so that you can actually build sentences yourself.
Have a good grasp of how your own language works first.
To make it easier get a girlfriend that speaks the language

Then you're not a polyglot. And considering you can barely make a sentence, you speak nothing but English

日本の as opposed to 日本語?

Yes I can read/write the following languages:

German,
Dutch,
English,
French
And Arabic

Apart from everyone in Norway, who are pretty decent people from the few Norwegians I've met.
I've also met a few Danes and Swedes and confirm that everyone in Scandinavia hate each other.

It's easier when you care about the language you want to learn. Knowing multiple languages can be very useful, just look how many great people were polyglots - for me, those are the things that inspire me.
I guess it can also be a good idea to learn some language which is from a same language family as yours so it could be easier to learn. The best thing you can do is just to go out and actually start using it as soon as you can, even on the internet. It's a cool feeling when you can read anything without google translate.

I'm still a beginner, I still wouldn't even think about mentioning that I know another language aside from English at this point, but I really want to do this. I think duolingo can be a good start because it works like a game - you have checkpoints you have to reach and words easily stick from the beginning, so it keeps you interested. Try it. Do at least one lesson every day.

Japanese is a very simple language to speak, it has fuck all tenses and word order is not really strict.
Learning to read it on the other hand is a pile of bollox

Russian is a bit dificult in grammar...

Thanks for the advice. I don't think I'll get a Japanese girlfriend, but a friend of mine has one. Maybe she could help me out.

When did I say that I'm a polyglot ? Also, I can make sentences in German because I do it every single time I talk to my mother or sister.

Unfortunately, there are no other languages in the same family as Japanese, so that won't work. I do care about it a lot, though.

Sounds encouraging.

>how to draw manga
kek

There are like 5 million people in Norway, I just dont think its worth learning it. Ofc thats my opinion

Try Hungarian.
Cunts have 18 cases

Translate it please...I only understand a bit

Only 4-6 are relevant...

Learnt just English and I already think is too much
Kek

>how to draw manga
>kek
W-we all have dreams, user....

Autistic robot "languages" don't count, you faggots.

>fallar tela
HAHAHAHA

Don't forget body language and inflection can be big things too.

I've a Bulgarian girlfriend and have been over there loads of times but I still can't get used to the fuckers being the only country that shake their heads for yes and nod for no

I've been learning French for two years. I'm still nowhere close to fluency. Your French is a little off, but it's definitely a good start
>Ça va, je m'appelle ânon aussi. J'ai beaucoup des cigarettes! J'ai deux paquets.

Hey, you're that nigga who was learning japanese! hows the mandarin going? Forget korean, its a worthless country anyway.

Rusfag here. It means: "Petrovich, the whole problem is that no one reasonable is guarding the borders."

No sera que querías decir follartela...no es lo mismo fallar que follar bro...a mi no me gusta fallar pero si follar

ooga booga gadooga dindu nuffin muh dick we wuz faroes n shit

Is duolingo a good way to learn a new language? ive been learning portuguese on it and some people are telling me that duolingo isnt a good way to learn a language.

(Not the guy you are replying to, but...)
See, this is the exact opposite in my case.

During 4 years of school, language classes focused too much on the grammar and too little time has actually been spent actually using it in conversation. It left me with some theory that I can't use and a shallow word pool.

I really recommend the book "learn language in 7 days" by ramon campayo (spanish recorder in memorization). That was the thing that made me to get up and start learning.

The concept is the following - learn vocabulary first, the grammar second. You basically start by learning x hundred of words which are the most spoken ones. You talk like tarzan, but you can actually have conversations and understand the writings. Some of it you can get by your own logic. Ofc, you learn some grammar along the way too, but you NEED to have a vocabulary so you can put it to practice. Words are memorized by a technique of associations. It made it much easier for me to keep at it and I actually didn't achieve bad habits in terms of grammar.

Btw, why did I start learning norwegian? It's a pretty retarded story actually.

Just google "Emilie Nereng blog" and you will understand.

Also, swedish and danish are pretty similar, so you can then automatically understand most of those as well.

Спасибо друг!!

Duolingo is good only in the beginning, afterwards it's useless because you can't practice actually talking with people.

speaking korean bulgarian english german and spanish without ever really wanting to learn them, just lived in different places during my life, also no accent in any language, except for english, where you'd call my accent british, i guess.

>Bande de Sup Forumsâtards de sous-race de vos mères

Here is a true lesson of french.

I think indians do the same, yeah it's weird lol.

Petrovich, the whole problem is that no one is guarding the borders of mind

I guess people just learn differently.
I always hated the whole learning phrases and vocab way of doing things. That's the way Irish is thought in schools in Ireland.
I always thought of it as the way children learn their first language, you're constantly surrounded by it and learn it that way. Of course nobody speaks Irish when they get home from school so you're not immersed in it properly.

You only start learning it in what I consider the adult way (focusing on the grammar) when you're a teenager and most people already hate it by then.
I had Irish classes for 13 years and can speak a language I started learning 2 years ago better.

日本語を話せます。
Jag tala Svensk.
Ich Spreche Deutsch.
I also speak English.
Thinking also about learning Dutch for my fifth language.

>I think indians do the same, yeah it's weird lol.
They also don't poo in the loo

You started learning french? Can you recommend Assimil and Duolingo? Looking for a way to learn french by myself too

Learn Chinese/Japanese/Korean/another weird asian language that has no practical applications because everyone speaks English, but still, some retards and wannabees study it.

That translation is incorrect, m8

What's your mother tongue ?

Very few people in china or Korea speak english. More people in Japan speak english but its still like 15-20% only.

I guess Swedish. Am I right?

English. my japanese is alright, it needs work, but swedish and german were easier because of the similarities

China is the US's largest trading partner. Even though all the businesschinks speak English, If you speak Mandarin you're gold in the business world because you can actually go over there and see what those slanty eyed pieces of shit are actually doing instead of just trusting their gookjew lies.

It's not.

>Jag tala Svensk.
It's "Jag talar svenska.", you fucking fakefag. Nice google translate.

I know that is the best way of learning languages, but I'm still kinda surprised how that works. How long did it take you? I don't think I could learn it if I didn't constantly go to clubs and talk to people, how do you even start to understand it, actually, did you learn it by yourself from books/internet too, or did you strictly learn it from conversations with other people?

His Swedish is shit, so it's obviously not it.

closer to 5% in japan, and even fewer are actually fluent

Could be спасибо мой друг?

It is
Look at this one

>also no accent in any language

How old are you, you fucking liar?

No-no, I mean, that russian guy translated text on the pic incorrectly

Hey, good effort! Been wanting to get into languages myself. I ken norwegian a bit due to being swedish, liked to get better at french though.

You learn it best if you HAVE to. Learned English through living in the UK, slowly forgetting previous language. Constant practice is really important to maintain your knowledge in a language.

It's good to know that language?, I've always been interested in Esperanto but never really learn

Haaaa ok

Just a minor note, "non posso [parlare italiano]" isn't the literal translation of "I can't speak italian", that would be "non so parlare italiano", the sentence you wrote means "I [forcibly] can't speak italian"

Can anyone recommend some good resources for learning Bulgarian?

Hei så kult du lærer norsk da hvor er du fra? Her har du bilde av en blogger kjendis

Any tip to learn russian please?

Get a Russian GF. You'll learn to pashol ty nahui podonok yobanyi really quick.

er det bildet hun har whinet om i avisene`?

Intensive Bulgarian by Ronelle Alexander. There's 2 volumes and accompanying CDs.
Shop around, I got it on amazon France I think for a good €30 less than my local Amazon.

Only words you need to know are mamkati, putka, pishka, tsigan and guz

Ja det er det bilde ja som hun gikk IT i media og klaget over hadde leket

XD it could be a great idea...but another tip?

I stumbled upon some reddit thread where the guy recommended assimil as a much faster method than duolingo. Check out /r/languagelearning. I'm only on the 6th lesson with assimil (it's supposed to be 1 lesson per day, but it's actually just a dozen or so sentences per lesson, so I'll do more per day, I was just busy these days so I went slower). I haven't tried this method before so I have yet to see how it will progress. It's a lot of reading and listening, that is, learning the language like a newborn, there are also some notes explaining some basic grammar along the way. There are shitton of lessons though, like 200+. There's audio and pdf (2 separate torrents) on tpb. Also, there are more versions of assimil and some are worse than others. The torrent which I'm using is from the 90s and that is supposed to be a good one.

Duolingo is great for starters. I brushed up some of my norwegian on it and learned a lot of words. You learn some words, sentences and grammar with it, but it usually goes word by word. It's pretty good, but it started to get annoying for me because it's pretty slow and often you have to solve the same questions over and over again - but "Repetitio est mater studiorum", so that's not actually a bad thing. The words stick pretty well.

I say, download duolingo on your phone and just dive in and see where it will get you. The best way is to just use multiple sources.

Tip #1 - don't learn it.
You have no reason to do so, believe me.
I'm a russiafag and I learn English to move from Russia. Russian culture doesn't exist anymore, cummies fucked it all up, nothing to study here.