Who here's been on antidepressants?

who here's been on antidepressants?

did they work for you?

yup
the pill doesn't do the work for you though, it just makes your recovery possible
>take them AS DIRECTED
>DO NOT MISS DOSES

Zoloft for 3 years. They didn't solve anything, they just made me not give a fuck and made me disinterested in everything.

/thread

i've been on almost all of them. i'm doing electroconvulsive therapy now because none of them worked.

but that sounds nice, user

Nah, it was a waste. I won't say don't try it though. My advice would be to try small doses, and keep yourself with it. If you take so much that you don't care about anything, it's hard to recover. I was stupid and my doctor was stupid so I was on 200mg, which is twice the recommended dose. If you try antidepressants, try something else along with them, like a constructive hobby or something.

antidepressants are emotional poison, don't take them

/thread

zoloft is good does what the other user said you basically just become disinterested in many things, but takes like 2-4 weeks to get the effect. also youll probably last longer in bed if you can be bothered with sex kind of makes it hard to cum. but not that bad really considering the alternative is wanting to blow ypur brains out

I've been on prozac 20mg for 4 months now and I feel great now.

it killed my sex drive though.

Don't take them user. They wasted 2 years of my life, it's scary how fast the time slipped by. All they did was give me a burning feeling in my brain, and made me fat and pathetic. It sucks being depressed, but i would rather be depressed than numb any fucking day of the week.

I was prescribed Trazodone for insomnia today.
Looked it up and found out it's an antidepressant.
Has anyone taken it before?

Currently taking Citalopram 20mg. I don't want to put a bullet in my skull, but I'm certainly not happy. That part's up to me to fix, I guess.

not every medicine works for every person uniformly across the board. You clearly need to explore other options with your doctor.

Similar question to this, how can you get them prescribed to you? Do you talk with a normal doctor or do you have to see a psychiatrist or something?

Cause the latter is out of the question for me unfortunately

this. i was on different ones, and while it did help some, killed my sex drive

Been there, done that. They did work a bit for me, but I ended up being better without them. I developed thinking patterns and habits to get out of depression without them and stopped taking them at some point. Feels better to be able to feel things.

See It CAN be used as an antidepressant, but also treats other things as well.

Yes. You *can* achieve victory if you are motivated to do so.

Zoloft- took away the suicidal thoughts but caused massive weight gain and lowers your sex drive. I would rather be dead from suicide than fat.

On Zoloft and wellbutrin and I feel like a zombie,i love it

not wanting to drown in my tub AND cutting down on my constant fapping so I can actually do something productive??

Sign me up!

A normal doctor can prescribe them to you, but you should also see a mental health expert. You active duty by any chance?

Many antidepressants work by changing your serotonin levels. Serotonin is a big factor in sleep. I wouldn't be concerned unless you get lame side effects like increased apathy, ED, or feeling like you are not yourself.

I got them once just by going to the doctors. I only got a months worth though. I didn't take them

I think you need to see a psych while you're on them though

On Zoloft, finally have emotions now. But I get horny all the god damn time aND CANT BUST A NUT FUCK ME

>zoloft
>thinks zoloft is an antidepressant

i was precribed it for same thing when i took it I became a zombie couldnt gove two shits about anything

Welbutrin, 6 months and 3 months.

No

Taking Xeplion 75 miligrams injections every month, heard 21 japanese died because of it in 2014.

Something like that. I'd get eaten alive if anyone found out.

Thanks. I'll give that a shot.

Or maybe he should just see a doctor that doesn't want him addicted to cheap pills. I switched doctors myself after trying citalopram, prozac, and Wellbutrin.
Turns out, all I needed was a little adderall each day to keep the social anxiety/trd away.

Don't trust anyone who wants you taking pills every day op, the doctors DO get spiffed for prescribing certain meds.

It is though. It falls under the SSRI category.

What if you're depressed and don't give two shits about anything already?

Well, that was a decade ago and as I said, I was on a stupid amount. I keep my depression mostly in check without drugs, mainly because I find it easier that way.

Had a friend who was on antidepressants

said they mad her feel like a zombie

Get meds to help you give a fuck

Make sure not to give too many fucks tho

I Took citalopram for half a year after a good few years of depression. Felt slightly more elevated and lost my mind a bit when I drank. I retained very little memory of this time and achieving erections was difficult. I did get the motivation to work out more regularly, but I can't say they had any other positive effects. Having a healthy lifestyle in general seems to be more effective for me and many others.

Does your dick work at least? Kiss erections/cumming goodbye if you go on any ssri.

I take Venlafaxin. They work as long as I keep taking them.

"Addicted to cheap pills" has nothing to do with it bro. There are def some shady docs out there though...hence Your mental health is more important than other social/economic factors. If you have a meltdown and suck-start a 12 gauge your job ceases to be meaningful now doesn't it?

Also,
>bitch titties

You may not give two shits, but do you know anyone that might? family, friends, co-workers, etc.

What got me around to it was thinking about what a miserable burden / fake sounding peice of shit I must have seemed, and how I would hate to be around that and bring others down.

I know I'll be a shit to myself all day long, but I hate being an inconvenience.

They work 30% of the time, plecebos work 15% of the time.

Neither will cure it.

Get some real drugs.

Good on ya. That's hard as fuck to do. Social support structure, limited alcohol intake?

Venlafaxine master race

>Implying I do anything meaningful

But I get it. I know

Delicious ideepthroat for you and everybody else dealing with irl shit, cheers man

Zoloft made me sick and made me go skits, shortest medication ever

I'm on Venlafaxine XR 75.5MG and feel like a zombie, tired and have no emotions whatsoever it works better for me, has made my anxiety worse. starting benzos soon..

ITT chemical lobotomies

Drinking makes me give a shit, but also makes me wanna hero a lot more. When that happens I just go to bed.

Nope. I just work a lot and play video games. I used to drink a lot, but that almost killed me. I still have depression and anxiety every day, but I manage it by forcing myself to power through it. There are good days where I end up feeling alright, and there are bad days where I come home from work and just say fuck it till tomorrow.

I applaud your badassery. You are doing what folks on medicine want to do and are working towards, keep it up.

I have had depression for over 20 years, but went undiagnosed for a long time.

Been on anti-depressants for just over 10 years.

In short, they have worked for me after some initial trouble. First up was nausea, inability to orgasm, then sleep problems.

After a few anti-depressant changes I'm happy, long time girlfriend, engaged, buying a house. Looking at having kids soon.

It's a major change from 20 years ago, wanting to die to living a normal happy life.

As much as we all say 'kill yourself' on Sup Forums to be edgy, it is the wrong thing to do.

Think it's dead, but cheers regardless

All of you on meds keep saying how they made you disinterested, not giving a fuck, tired, etc. I feel this way without the the meds. It's what's making me wanna blow my brains out. So what's the point of taking them?

suicidal thoughts will generally go away.

I got over the 'not giving a fuck' stage, it seems to be an early side effect.

It's helped my anger issues and anxiety I act like a moody bitch when I'm not on Zoloft

were you moody before taking the zoloft? or is it just a side effect from withdrawal?

This guy gets it

See a doctor fam, modern medicine is fucking incredible

a side effect of antidepressants is depression. that just means they dont work. so, no.

>made me not give a fuck and made me disinterested in everything.
thats what depression does to me

>who here's been on antidepressants?
Yes

>did they work for you?
No

he didnt even reply to the zoloft post

> citation needed

i was on zoloft for about five years and the more the dose was upped the more i wanted to kill myself. just some words of caution

>every anti depressant commercial

I took Wellbutrin. Works ok, but didn't work well enough for me.
I'm taking Adderall now and it works way better.

Not a side effect from withdraw, it's just how I am.

Yes and they were useless. Stimulants on the other hand worked great for antidepressant effects. Though even then you must use them as tool to deal with what caused the issue in the first place.

so have you stopped taking anything all together?
changing meds would have been an option.

I did four or five years ago. Got some prescriptions. Took it for a week as recommended, then one day got drunk and swallowed both bottles. Somehow lived. Was ok for a year, now I feel how I did before.

That would be being numb which is worse.

shit troll/10 lurk moar

Setraline seemed to be working for a while, now back to wanting to kill myself and barely managing to get out of bed most mornings.

Definitely this.

> its on tv
I dont think you know what a citation is.

Every single anti-depression medication user must get more depressed but people still buy it, doctors still prescribe it and people die less from suicide. So they all dont work?

You are a special kind "special"

Yeah, I take prozac for a mix of anxiety and depression and generally speaking they have helped out with both fairly well, been on it for a few months now.

Gotta talk to your doc bros, they can help, I swear they can help you. They helped me, is how I know.

i'm 24, been on that shit for 17 years now

they help some but...

look where its got me...

Story?

nope i don't take anything now. probably should but nothing i've tried really seems to help. either doesn't help or bad side effects/worsened symptoms

sucks to feel that way.
make a change nigger go see a doctor.

sounds like you've given up. you can be lazy if you want, but life wont improve if you stay on that path.

I was just making fun of the fact that they all say depression is a side effect to something thats supposed to do the exact opposite. which means its not a side effect, its just not working.
youre getting a little too serious there

it's just some shitty vaporwave yung lean s a d b o i meme

yeah you're right i have given up and have no expectation of anything getting better

Im on escitalopram but its not working most times I wish I was dead, use to take sertraline but they made me feel really weird and I was unable to sleep while taking them. I going back to the doctors soon to get either a higher dose or different meds.

If you already have depression, then depression isn't really a side effect is it? perhaps if you get prescribed something without depression it can then be a side effect.

anyway, i'm not in usa, so i dont see that shit on tv.

have you ever read the pamphlet in anti-depression meds? they list a fuckload of possible side effects. they need to cover their asses.
because they could happen, you need to keep an eye out for them.

Not quite an antidepressant, but I haven't wanted to kill myself since I started taking latuda. I even feel a bit of purpose in life.

I have been on Paxil 30 mg for a year and a half now, klonopin and xanax bc I had some pretty bad general anxiety, depression and horrific social anxiety. I also didnt want to go through therapy bc I think therapy is dumb. The Paxil worked wonders, I was able to talk to my peers and family without feeling any problems. I was relaxed and much much happier. Im thinking about starting to ween off of it tho bc when I dont take it, I want to die from the pain in my head and the dizziness/confusion I get. I worked through some tough shit in my life and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. Sex drive is still there but no where near where I used to be. And sex lasts way too long/dont cum sometimes.

and if you try it might not work, so what is the point of trying?

its worth trying, i've been there user and it is awesome to not be there anymore.

I have never had a THOUGHT of killing myself since starting Saint Johns Wort. 2 x 300mg every morning. My little helper, makes everything just bearable.

Ssri's literally freeze your brain neurons. I felt stuck and unaroused unfocused and as dead as you can get emotionally. It helps your resilience for that reason but I felt like it was giving me irreparable side effects

Hell yea bro.
>rise above the fog

Im not reading all that. I made a joke and you turned extremely autistic. Im done here

anti-depressants arent generally meant to be a long time option (say over 5 years of use). but for some people they have to stay on them, some people can come off of them.

i've been on them so long im starting to look at electroshock treatment to try and 'reset' my brain and get off of anti-depressants.

I've tried coming off a few times and it was not a good option for me.

> literally 4 lines.
maybe you have ADHD + autism.

> be happy anons

I just get drunk every night after work. Makes my girlfriend all pissed, but at least I don't feel miserable for a few hours.