Anyone else here believe in Deism? It just makes so much more sense than christianity and Atheism...

Anyone else here believe in Deism? It just makes so much more sense than christianity and Atheism. Atheist are trying to contradict christianity and vice versa, while Deism just lays back, pop some nice vodka, weed, or what have you, because you have no rules against that, and enjoy the show.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.ytimg.com/vi/SupdCZBKuGA/hqdefault.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Are you sure you're not agnostic?

Agnostic is not being sure but not denying the possibility of a higher being. Deism is more like actually not giving a shit, literally 0 thought to it. Just enjoying life as a whole

Agnostic deist? A bit I guess, im sure there are certain rules, but with a bit of freedom.

Of what use is a non-intervening god? Deism is no different than atheism from my POV.

Good answer

Deism is the belief in a Creator who does not intervene with the universe. Agnosticism is the belief that Humans are incapable of determining if there is a Spiritual Realm or not.

You're referring to apatheism.

Atheist dont believe in a god, deists do but act like atheists cause it doesnt matter.

Oh, well yea I guess I'm that or something. Don't really care about labels. Thanks though

It is in the sense that things unexplained by science are explained by said god

What does believing in a god do for you?
So I guess dark matter or abiogenesis falls into the category of goddunit?

Probably the most quality thread I've seen in a few years. Thanks for restoring hope

Imagine it like this: A butterfly has to come out of it's cucoon, you can open the cucoon for the butterfly but it will be too weak to survive in nature. The butterfly has to do ititself to gain its strength. This can be easily applied to human beings, god created humans but did not help them, if he were to answer all our prayers and solve all our problems, woukd we ever use our heads to come up with solutions? We would still be living in primitive times, or still sleeping in caves. The jets, the fast computer, and cars are all there because humans used their heads to come up with a solution.

But those billions of deaths and sufferings tho.

The same thing as spending alot of money to a funeral to or make a big ceremony about it, it doesnt make the person less dead, the person is dead and will never see it, I guess I can say we make ceremonies for funerals to let us know that we aknowledged this person, perhaps we tell ourselves we aknowledge that god created us. But thats it.

RIP I guess, such is the fault of free will, if thats even a thing

That is why we created armor, and, abd jets, we came up to a solution to getting killed, kill the killers first.

i like deeizm
i.ytimg.com/vi/SupdCZBKuGA/hqdefault.jpg

Rip, dont let Deism die

Interesting POV. Still kinda sad that we throw an acknowledgement party to this mighty deity, only to not be recognized at all.
But then the bad guys use it as well. Also, if we are killing, doesn't that also make us bad?

>
>Interesting POV. Still kinda sad that we throw an acknowledgement party to this mighty deity, only to not be recognized at all.
>
>But then the bad guys use it as well. Also, if we are killing, doesn't that also make us bad?
Never said anything about bad, we all have our views and our freedom to do what we want, sometimes people that freedom for granted and may say ""This person has more x than me, he doesnt need those. So he feel has the freedom and the right to take what they feel is theirs, the other person with the X feels he has earned what he gas and has it simply because he worked for it, and he is free to defend himself to maintain what he has worked hard for. In the end you have to ask yourself if there is such a thing as good or bad, because good and bad is something we created in our minds.

Atheism doesn't go against and disprove of god, that's antithesim, an atheist is a person who has not been convinced that a divine being exists, I for one am not convinced that this world was built by a creator, 99.99% of it is hostile and fatal to human life, there the problem of Evil which , unless your god isn't omnibenevelent, is a huge issue in any thiests teleology.

I'm all for freedom of thought but I'm not convinced that any supernatural being/phenomenon exists.

What evidence do you have that any divine being exists?

Doesn't deism have a creator? That would make it theistic.

That is fine, because whether youbelieve in it or not we will all have the same fate, since, as previousky explained, there is no good or bad. Abd it is without the reliance of a god that we have accomplished many things.

best god

None, but beither scientists are clear whether one does or does not exist.

Agreed, we all die one day. I just simply believe that Das Nichts claims us, and oblivion is our true end.

Well im still unaure whether satan exists or not. Perhaps it was something established by churches to keep us under their ruling.

Please don't shit up this good thread

It's hard to make any scientific judgment when your sample size is less than one.

Or reincarnation. Let me pull up an image that may or may not answer this question

Never said he created us directly.

How do you come to be a deist? Do you recognize intelligent design or experience supernatural phenomena?

I was talking more about the fact that we have never detected the creator and been able to reproduce/reobserve his actions with falsifiable results.

If that's the case, then war is great because both sides innovate, which is true but also costly in terms of human life. I find a god that allows all this and simply turns an eye not worthy of respect or mention at all. Deism is just an excuse to appease both sides of the spectrum. To just remain on the fence.

Not sure, perhaps there are ghosts that are supposed to find their own way and that may be why there arw hauntings, but there is no true evidence ghosts exists.

He can intervene, but in the end, then there is no freedom for the side intervened.

Why not create a world in which suffering and death aren't a thing? Seems like that would be taking no sides, and every individual that came into existence wouldn't have to look forward to suffering the inevitable end.

And how would that world be?

Age of Reason turned me on to Deism. I haven't read it since university but I don't doubt that all of Paine's arguments have stayed with me. Great book!

Check this out. Seems interesting.

A world where we don't shit, don't have parasites, don't have to worry about caloric consumption, don't have predation, has a cap on over-population. A world in which you can still struggle to understand and be challenged, without all the crippling baggage this world steeps us in.

Maybe I'm naive and and optimist, but this is what humanity should strive for.

Perhaps this is will be it, we just have to earn it.

Nice, still not convinced but nice anyway

You sound like a douchebag.

There is literally no rational reason to believe in theism anymore.

none whatsoever

a good start would be killing the jews

How do you think you sound?

Choose carefully.

Like someone telling a douchebag he sounds like a douchebag.

OP here, roll 666 is our new divine leader.

I hope that's from something and not just some user's hard work chucked on the dung heap that we call Sup Forums. It has a Richard Bach quality about it and should be published.

Community bro. That and a firm moral guide. Jesus' resurrection might not have been a thing, but the concept of his sacrifice inspires people to this day.

Not that I believe, but just some reasons people believe and will continue to do so.

So would this creator be sentient or not? Would it just be a mathematical probability that eventual molecule arrange in such a way that they self replicate, much like how gravity makes planets and stars in an ellipsis shape?

Perhaps we are the by product of the universal forces acting on matter?

Who the hell knows. Probably came up with the idea while on LSD

There's nothing we've found that has required a creator or deity, everything has been naturally occuring.

Being sure that god doesn't exist isn't atheism it's antithesim, atheism is not being convinced a god exists

Or perhaps our whole universe is a whole program of some highly sophisticated machine.

truth

/thread

What a display of rank hubris. You really have to believe you're the center of the universe to question the existence of a superior being by asking what use it is to you if it doesn't shine your shoes and mow your lawn.

That actually makes sense. I never thought of it like that.

It's a pretty chaotic machine then, it doesn't seem to have a purpose, or at least not one we can comprehend

That isn't even close to the definition of deism, OP.

Agnosticism is not knowing. Atheism being sure there is no god. Antitheism would be knowing there's a god and being against him.

Samefag, or just retards?
If an omnipotent being created literally everything and intended to leave no evidence of doing so, do you really think humanity would just accidentally stumble onto irrefutable proof of its existence?

Explain.

He has a point though, if this god doesn't interact with him then what use has its existence to him? For all intensive purposes it's nonexistent

pretty much

I suppose on your death bed, you too might fall prey to your own human weakness and call on daddy, but no one responds.

It's not hubris, it's recognizing criminal neglect. God's a black father, never around.

>If an omnipotent being created literally everything and intended to leave no evidence of doing so, do you really think humanity would just accidentally stumble onto irrefutable proof of its existence?
At this point you have crossed into pure imagination and semantics.

PANTHEISM

That's called apathy or nihilism, it has nothing to do with religion. Agnosticism is what you're looking for anyways tardo now go get a pet marmot and terrorize some stoners with threata of castration

Whoa whoa whoa there, son. Be careful. While you're 100% correct, the facts of what each word mean really bother fedora euphoria neckbeards, who are technically agnostic but REALLY LIKE calling themselves atheist, so they will militantly insist that atheist means the same thing as agnostic.

This is how we know creationism in all forms is bullshit.
Naturalism is the only legit way.

Nothing, more like aknowledgement to know he created us. We know tge big bang happened, but knowing has not affected us, so what use is it to know it when we might as well say it never happened, makes no difference whetger know it or dont.

Welcome to metaphysics, dipshit. That's how it works.

So god us the asshole that always hides my keys thanks. And that's not having some unique snowflake belief dude its just being apathetic and ignorant

I'm kinda that, but I want kids and want them to be great. So kinda working to the top for money but idgaf if i die or not.

Shit Happens.

So why did you make a thread entirely about a label

No agnosticism is the suspension of believe and disbelief, thiesm is the belief and atheism is the disbelief. Antitheism is the belief against the belief.

For example if I told you I can fly you wouldn't believe me you would be AFlying if you held the belief that I cannot fly you would be ANTIFying . Disbelief and belief against are not the same thing.

Well, pretty much your fault tbh. Least in the end you hopefuly come up with a solution by always leaving it in a single spot.

>"Hi, I'm literally all powerful and I created everything in such a way as no mortal being could point at anything and prove my existence by doing so"
>"But I know you don't exist because no one's pointed at anything that proves your existence!"

He's not OP, i am.

how convenient for your bullshit argument

I'm sorry your uncle touched you, user.

Yes but we can construct a model around the big bang, we cannot for a creator

This is just "pink unicorn in my garage" nonsense

I'd pay 20 bucks just to beat the shit out of OP

Can deism meet it's burden of proof?

3d models. God, perhaps, like many unkniwn thibgs in the universe that will never be known may not be 3d.

So basically a world without problems, needs, and wants? If we don't need anything then we have everything, which in turn makes us perfect in our own minds.

Id get the shit beat out of for 20 bucks.

I've never seen a preachy deist, so god speed user, wherever that God maybe.

i'd pay you ..20 Euro to watch
you masturbate your clitoris
and
sit on my face & cum
three times.