Girlfriend of 7 years 3 of which were long distance just broke up with me...

Girlfriend of 7 years 3 of which were long distance just broke up with me. It was mainly due to the distance and the strain that being apart caused. We were apart for 2 years and then my schooling extended it for another 4 (PhD in math).

I am thinking of taking my life and need either some help or good fast ideas.

I am not really a Sup Forums fag but more of a lurker who stops in now and then, but I am in a new city and have noone else to turn to.

Pic unrelated.

So much happyness to end in so little? Sup Forums is not what it was. No one is going to encourage you to suicide. Sorry.

There's some bad vibes in the air right now. I was thinking about suicide a lot today. Stay strong brother, we'll try to get through this.

An hero now plz

Oh come ooon. Ipods are too old

Op here. I want pushed one way of the other. I want the pain to stop.

How much money do you have?

Just go to Wal-Mart or a pawn shop and grab the cheapest 12 ga shotgun you can find. Any round will work. Put in mouth and pull the trigger, over in a heartbeat.

That's the way I'm going on Saturday evening. Wish me luck

Youll get through it man, shes not worth taking your life over. Dont be stupid. Take 2000 bucks out of the bank and blow it all on coke and hookers and strippers and have a fucking amazing weekend and then have an amazing life man.

Show bellybutton and go to bed

My girlfriend of 4 years dumped me this week because I told her how serious I was about wanting to marry her and start a family with her in the future.

Don't kill yourself Sup Forumsro, it really isnt worth it. I feel your pain. Trust me, time heals all wounds. I feel like offing myself daily, but in reality the truth is that you will have many, many more chances at happiness in your life if you just keep living.

I love you Sup Forumsro. Dont do it.

Either do it or don't, quit being a pussy and hitching on the internet. OP is a massive faggot.

It will. Just give it time. Don't do anything stupid in the mean time

I have enough but I am in canada. I also don't want my mother etc to know I killed myself if I end up doing it.

Don't do it bro. It'll get better, I promise. You're smart as hell, your life has value, and it will be fulfilling. Sorry that happened.

That's pretty stupid advice. Blowing $2000 and coming down from coke would most likely just making him want to kill himself more when it's all said and done.

Tell me a math joke!

Nigger, don't be gay.

She was my first sexual experience and vice versa. She was also my only. I assume I was hers but you never know.... I am sure I was though. I don't want hookers and coke might make things worse. I have never done drugs outside of weed and booze.

Every time you think about killing yourself just think of your girlfriend sucking Chad's giant dick and letting cum wherever he wanted before she broke up with you.

boo fucking hoo

Really doesn't matter if you're mother knows. You'll be dead. She's gonna be heart broken either way. If you really wanna kill yourself, you'll do it without considering the ramifications. Otherwise, you know you're not really ready yet

whats special about the abelian soup?
it commutes =)

This made me cry even more. I have no support group here.

I really hope you don't.. My gf is leaving to Michigan state for med school. She will be gone for 4 years and I haven't heard of anyone that has been able to make it long distance longer than 2-3 years. My life would be shit but I know if I can see good instances of hope, then I'll feel better. Don't give me doubt bro

Fuck suicide. Go on a rebound spree, user. It's your life. Stop being a fucking beta and take it back.

Don't do it. It feels like shit and will for a long time but you'll get over it eventually. unless everything else in your life if clearly hopeless then you've got other stuff to focus on for now

Yes I am being a fag. I can't decide. Both ideas hurt..

cry abT it faggot

and you call yourself a mathematician?

“There was a footpath leading across fields to New Southgate, and I used to go there alone to watch the sunset and contemplate suicide. I did not, however, commit suicide, because I wished to know more of mathematics.”

― Bertrand Russell

if curiosity alone can't keep you alive, then kill yourself. that's the only solace this world has to offer.

as a fellow "mathematician" who has also had a gf of 7 years and has considered killing himself over the cunt, women are shit and only serve to distract you. drink, fuck, and do math.

I cannot see myself being happy without her

PHD in math, how autistic are you on a scale from 0-77?

oh and do drugs.

drugs are very fun and almost completely useless when it comes to doing math, but at the moment of being high and working on proofs it gives you a sense of deeper understanding. Which is mostly bullshit but very amusing.

Didn't you see this coming? I mean long distance rarely works, man. And after 7 years of relationship, going apart from each other had to be different...
Now you're going through a tough time because you've been investing a lot but...there are still things to enjoy and experience. Give it time, treat yourself, do what you couldn't do when you were with her.

If you can (not) do it for yourself, do (not) it for your family. I am studying medicine and I -am- having a hard time being responsible. I've never did it before. So, if I can't stop being an useless mediocre shit for myself and my future, I will do it for my parents.

WHT did Cauchy's get rid of his dog?

He left a residue on every pole.

I care too much. She is already unstable. I wish she was dead (or brain dead like my dad) so I would not feel guilty for doing anything.

that's sad man. since you're a math phd candidate let me give you a special recipe to overcome massive sadness:
you rationalize everything about it. if you think clearly, she is NOT what you wanted. what you want is somebody that stays loyal to you no matter what's up with the distance; you would want somebody that prefers to move to your town rather than not being with you. you have to analyze the necessary features of personality that are needed for such behavior and then test every remotely attractive female if they show these traits. get your happiness back with the right person; she is out there, i promise; and thinking straightforward and action related overcomes the pain in no time. you might look back a couple of times and feel hurt but it's your task not to remain there with that kind of gaze but to get yourself back together and look forward again. good luck

8Just talk clearly all the time. Deal with the issues together. That is where I failed.

Don't be silly. There are a million other better women than her. It is not the end of the world.
I have been in your situation, and realized now how stupid it was of my part to consider suicide. Life is beautiful; God made us for more than to be Sims' characters.

My rebound spree would be a killing one. I bet I could get the record if I tried.

I only have math really.

Best responce. I grew to love here more than math. I need to work at math. I have 3 papers already so...

Really, the go to bed option is good. Night is sad and light is happy. There are hormones involved. and I need to sleep. Lack of sleep makes people sad. Have you seen Sup Forums?

I used to drink alot but I started to get panac attacks so i can't anymore.

Kek

Your love for mathematics is eternal. The love and despair you feel for her will ebb into nothingness as time passes.
Stay true to the gift you have and leave your paw print on this world like all the dedicated mathematicians before you.

The thing is I could do everything I wanted to do when I was with her. I hoped that it would be fine because we were really close.

Both of us have been crying aND upset about this for the last 2 weeks. It is a she can't live like this anymore thing. She says she still loves me.

Of course it hurts...how have you been breaking up? on the phone or skype?

PHD in math doesn't understand that there are statistically like millions of girls like the one he wants to die over?

I'm calling bullshit.

If you really care so much, quit your degree program and show up in her town explaining why you are there.

Mainly phone

You should calculate some shit

I have talked to her about me going down (and quiting). She did not want me to through out my work.

I am very picky to the point of pretty much no one fiting my requirements. I want smart, in science, has not been with many people, dedicated, etc..

She fit all of the boxes.

Hang in there. *Call a suicide hotline* if you can't talk to anyone. Do *not* isolate yourself. That's the very worst thing you can do.

Feelings of suicide are simply a sign that one's coping abilities are overwhelmed. That's all. They're not a rational analysis of the situation (they're actually a sign that one's rational abilities are *not* working). They're just the emotional body's signal that additional, outside help is needed.

And since one's coping abilities are already overwhelmed (that's what the suicidal feelings are telling you), just trying to wait it out in the hopes that more coping ability will magically appear won't work. The extra coping comes from *outside* - i.e., other human beings.

Think of your suicidal feelings as the emotional version of getting to close to a pole - the function gets unstable and blows up, *but only near that pole*. So the best response is to get out of the neighborhood near that unstable pole, and the system will be stable again.

Don't worry about how getting through this might appear to others. Surviving feelings of suicide is only ever graded pass/fail.

Just talk to people, and stay connected to them until you're back to stable territory again. Do this as if your life depends on it...because it does.

I understand these feelings very much. Good luck, you're going to get through this and be OK.

I can't make myself do my work. I have been sleeping in my office for the laSt week because being at home hurts (I feel alone there).

I lost someone dear to me, thought about suicide too. At the end, I found that my old friends, family, and even random strangers were helping me cope. You are not alone, OP.

Ok...well at least it's better than through texting.
Not that you're probably ready to date someone right now, but when you are, just be a little more opened to new things.

That really sucks OP, you can do this bro. Remember: breakups are not permanent! You can catch her again later if you still want her when you're done with everything. Stay strong OP.

Thank you.

I have anxiety when I am around people and it is hard for me to talk to new people. Mainly I get really nervous until my inner psychopath kicks in.

Ideas on how to cope using the Internet?

We were going to "try to make it work" until August (when I had to go south for moving my car (long story)) and then "decide" but she could not think stright and wanted to do it now.

I have little interest in 99% of people. I am very sith like.

holy shit...

you are autistic as fuuuuuuuuuuck

I want to give myself this hope but the world is large. She is slovak aND in the us (since she was 8) for now. Then she wants to go elsewhere. Low chance we would like near each other unless we both tried.

Your emotional body has been deeply wounded. It's going to take time to heal.

Losing any relationship is like experiencing death. And that means you're going to have to go through all the stages of grief.

After getting immediate help surviving your suicidal feels, consider going to grief counseling.

But however you do it, treat yourself like you've been deeply wounded - because you have been. Expecting to simply move on from this is as silly as expecting to not suffer any ill effects from a broken femur or a heart attack. It's denial (and now we're back to stages of grief).

Anyway, just understand that healing from this will be like healing from any other major injury. It will take time and care. But if you give yourself that time and care you'll recover.

Then quit what you're doing and go study in a place near her, at least is better than killing yourself you fucking retarded

May be. I taught myself calculus 1-3 and real analysis...

Double dubs AND trips? Wow. Unbelievable.

I know her too well. Even if I was near her, things would not change. She said that she was thinking of this for the last year.

Here is was wanting for you guys to give me a fast easy way to end my life and instead you make me feel good about the future.

I was in the same situation a couple years ago, fist gf, first sexual experience, really loved her. then she broke up without any good reason. felt like shit and my live became absolutly meaningless.
Give yourself some time to handle the situation and your own feelings, suicide is no shift. perhaps you can take it as a chance to change your life, try new hobbys, do some crazy stuff you never did before.
You will get over it.

Also suicide is cowardly

If she were to break up for no reason, if it was all of a sudden, and if she did not feel bad (for 2 weeks) about the breakup, then I think it would be nowhere as hard.

The state of the breakup was a I live you but I can't do this it is too hard.

>Ideas on how to cope using the Internet?
Yes: *don't even try it, because it won't work*.

The internet (and texts and all of that) are communication *stripped of emotion*. And while on a good day that can be a relief, what you need right now is *emotional support* - and thus the internet can never provide it in sufficient amount.

You need the kind of emotional comfort that comes through voice, or touch, or both.

So use your phone (or voice chat on the computer) and call a suicide hotline. It's totally anonymous, you can hang up or stop and call a different number later if you feel momentarily overwhelmed (or if the other person just isn't a good connection for you), but most importantly it's far closer to real human contact.

And what you need is human contact.

And to look ahead a little, this event, catastrophic and painful as it is, may be your own life's way of teaching you how not to be quite so afraid of people.

Right now I'm guessing one of the reason it all feels so divide-by-zero is you depended on a single person - her - for your emotional well being. That's both dangerous for you, and impossible for her (or any finite, human being) to sustain. Expecting another human being to always carry us is a young child's hope, and while it's wonderful when we can get it from our parents, it's something we must leave behind in order to grow into adulthood and live our life.

Again, hear all this as a voice saying "of course this happened, it's the only way it could work out...and here's why years from now you'll see how it was your life loving you enough to hurt you so you'd finally get what you need to truly live."

I know I should not have relied on her. When things were going well, I was happy with 5 to 10 hours of human talking (no work that is) a week from her. I thus built no support around me.

Right now I have no desire to self harm (mainly from this thread) and feel less empty.

Does anyone have tips on how to find new friends/people to talk to?

Don't do it! You're theoretically hireable for a good salary if you're doing your PhD in the right place, with the right specialization, at the right time!

Seriously though, math people are the shit, make more money than she could ever possibly spend, and well, fuck her.

I study fluid dynamics. She is doing a PhD in molecular genetics.

I think she may make more....

>Right now I have no desire to self harm (mainly from this thread) and feel less empty.
OK, that's good news.

Notice how human contact helps the feelings of overwhelm and suicide when they happen? Remember this thread when they do - since it's reaching out for human contact (hard as that might seem) that will make things better.

While wanting to make new friends is a great goal, and you'll be able to do that soon, I'd say that for the near term you're getting ahead of yourself. What you need right now is real care, from someone who has at least a vague clue how to provide it.

Said differently, you're currently too wounded to have a random person be able to help you in all the ways you need. At best that would be a bandage on your severed emotional femoral artery - a little helpful, yes, but with the danger that by making things seem a little better you'll avoid what really scares you: learning how to tolerate yourself so you're not so emotionally all-or-nothing dependent on other people.

I don't want to make that sound discouraging, I just want to make sure you don't conveniently avoid what your life's causing you all this pain so you'll finally do. You're paying the price for this experience right now, so you might as well get the thing your life really wants for you - how to be friends with *yourself*.

And from there making friends with other people will be *much* easier.

Are there any emotional help resources at uni? There almost always are. Have you asked there?

Don't be stupid and kill yourself for a girl you idiot. Get out there and talk to people. Do you realize how many interesting people there probably is in your university? Just go to sleep and distract yourself. You disgust me trying to get pity of some sort here.

It's genuinely your choice if you want to make more money there, I mean you pivot in the right way and you're set. Regardless, just head out to the local bar for a couple of months before you even think about doing anything though, math people are underrated in general.

OP here, decided to stop being an attention seeking fag. Forget about this thread.

The University does have some services. I should talk to them in the morning.

It is hard to like myself when I feel as if the breakup was all my fault.

Do you think professional help is the way to go?

>decided to stop being an attention seeking fag
By posting about it?

Where do you both live right now?

It would probably take a grand gesture to get her back. Go to where she is immediately, and get down on your knee with a ring or roses. Stuff like that. If you've never done something like that, consider it.

I might say more, depending on your response.

Cool moth.

I was not wanting pitty. I was wanting ideas on how to live or die.

I am glad I reached out. Otherwise I do not know where I would be right now. I went to my office so I would not kill myself at home.

I don't think I could do it here. The feelings made me afraid.

Don't end it over a girl. won't accomplish anything. pick up a new hobby, get a phd, and show that bitch you can make it without her. you can do it :)

Just think about the fact that suicide is permanent. Do feel free to bitch and moan on the net, but don't be a faggot. You want to take every option out of your life just for one woman?
Mourn over her for a decent period of time if you will, then make sure you forget her. She's never coming back and that's for the best. Go find other people to talk with and get yourself a better girlfriend.

I can't really drink. It cause me to get a feeling that my throat is closing (panac attacks that started last November).

I can easily switch to making bombs.... they like people in the area I am in.

Hey you asshole.... I am op

Missouri us vs Ontario canada

I took the picture last week

yay desu

Killing yourself over a girl?
underageb&

>Do you think professional help is the way to go?
For right now, absolutely.

You've suffered a severe injury, so it's silly to expect someone with no training to be able to fix it. A random person may help you until you get to real help (like this thread is doing), but there is a lot to truly healing from this that I'm leaving out. It's not hard stuff, but it's very real and essential, and most people have no idea about any of it at all. So in the same way you wouldn't ask someone in the grocery store aspirin-and-bandaids aisle to set your displaced fracture, don't expect untrained people (however well-intentioned) to be able to do what you need.

If you broke (or severed!) your leg you'd be smart enough to go to the ER. This is the emotional equivalent of that - so don't be the Black Knight about trying to avoid treating it!

(more in a second, writing long replies is a challenge since there's always the looming threat of a 404)