/prod/ - Music Production General

Upload WIPs on clyp.it/

GIVE feedback and RECEIVE feedback.

>ATTENTION!
DO NOT post Soundcloud, YouTube or any other links where you are not anonymous (unless somebody asks you for it). That is considered self promotion and will usually result in a bad feedback.

Ableton tutorials
youtube.com/watch?v=rrWNpA4Oao4
youtube.com/watch?v=AFXDvz2c2DQ

Link to /prod/ pasta if you have any constructive contributions
docs.google.com/document/d/1fhi1lp-DpAZieQa5cpe5v9zCBS02VDa18ln80Rd_6N0/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/rgevmyk4
easynicelifetime.com/1.2_Der_Übertritt.mp3
clyp.it/btanymre
youtube.com/watch?v=tuPfFVAez1Y
youtube.com/watch?v=uew32AaCV48
easynicelifetime.com/
syntezatory.net.pl
clyp.it/4x3xifdf
youtube.com/watch?v=UB7CbOhH0Wo
youtube.com/watch?v=2mIIO7l8PBE
clyp.it/rp4qziab
clyp.it/lpbrx5uf
clyp.it/hl1iap0p
clyp.it/nlzqdcsq
clyp.it/ppyqtedc
clyp.it/y5znrayi
clyp.it/kvusf4xm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

clyp.it/rgevmyk4

I don't know how to continue with this. thoughts? suggestions?

add an 808

Good base going on, add more elements as it goes on.
Make something a bit wider it sounds flat and work on the sound design a bit more.

easynicelifetime.com/1.2_Der_Übertritt.mp3

Made this yesterday, any suggestions?

Can anyone give me feedback on this weird synthy/chiptune/crooner song I'm trying to make??

clyp.it/btanymre

Any and all advice would be fucking awesome, except keep in mind I havent written lyrics yet so im sorta singing gibberish. I especially am bad with drums, if anyone has advice on that.

what's the home studio in the pic?

hook me up to some paid sample packs for dnb/ rhythmic stuff.

I find the formulation of the second half of the first sentence is kind of weird.

I'm an electronic hardware nerd that has been recording audio tracks into ableton with minimal (almost zero) use of VSTs. A lot of the times live recording 8+ simultaneous tracks. It has finally occurred to me that there is probably a better daw for recording live audio. Recommendations?

The kick and snare don't punch, vocals are too quiet.
I like the singing and the song isn't that bad apart from the weird progression but I don't think the singing fits the song.

Superior drummer

>easynicelifetime.com/1.2_Der_Übertritt.mp3
Thanks for ear rape.

Reaper is great for that. It's free and very simple to use

anyone know any dub reggae related VSTs?

just want to make stuff sounding like this:

>Hughie Izachaar - Melodica Dub
youtube.com/watch?v=tuPfFVAez1Y
>Kaiju - Unity Dub
youtube.com/watch?v=uew32AaCV48

You could have make it less loud but I actually worry about your brain. I actually kind of dissolved in light while listening to it for the first time.

>easynicelifetime.com/
>The name of this picture is "FROM DEATH TO LIFE" and I guess that it's my best digital graphic so far. Additional Information: My Internet connection is about 8 Kilobyte per second on average and I get a package of 100 MB of 300 Kilobyte per second in the middle of the month, besides of the three meals I get per day (actually it's two, the breakfast is not worth standing up this early because there is nothing to do here, the constant noise of the highway and some other weird high frequent noise that is being emitted here makes time here unbearable, by normal conditions, but I guess I'm made of steel or something.) I get about 135 € per month which I mainly spend on clothing of which I still have very less and food and of course weed, which is a very nice enhancement of the passtime here and I can only buy it because some people hope that some day I start to think that it's bad for me because of the shenanigans that are being let happened while I'm high. I'm fully aware of the fact how weird my descriptions sound but trust me: I'm fully sure that I'm telling the truth and there is some strange stuff going on in here, to describe it vaguely and mildly.
Oh yes and I DIDN'T HAD A GIRLFRIEND IN THE LAST 4 YEARS! :-D How great is this? I mean 4 years of straight jacking off, ladies and gents. Mainly pictures only.

I fucking love this guy

Does anyone know what happened to WC Olo Garb/Jexus? He used to do all these awesome synth demos and then he disappeared.

syntezatory.net.pl

cubase is great for hardware but it has dongle copy protection unless you pirate cubase 5

he fell into a ditch on the side of the road and never lived again

Did the fall kill him or was he too lazy to get up?

I got memed into buying a micron and realized i have no idea how to synth and couldnt be assed learn while diving menus on a screen the size of a stick of gun

it was against his own philosophical tenets and political ideology to get up

That's unfortunate

How do I make a music like afex twin

The Aphex twins are poor man's Au and the Techres.

Dubmaster liquid delay or something like that and dub siren which comes with a delay I thing

clyp.it/4x3xifdf

give me a band I can play this with

dude, you didn't had to look up the actual webpage, self promoting is highly prohibited in /prod/ threads and I don't want to be seen as one who does such bad things, dude.

All you had to do was posting it on clyp but its okay if you dont make a big deal out of it like a certain someone who posts his SC everytime in these threads

how do you guys record vocals? What programs do you use?

I have a good singing voice and a lot of good lyrical ideas for the instrumentals I've already made, but I have FL Studio and recording vocals in there kind of suck.

>clyp
>8 kbps

sure pal hahah

I actually just visited this webpage because I didn't for a long time and had the idea to post the track I've uploaded some days ago for my last money in an internet cafe into this thread to see if someone has something to say about it, to be honest, it was just an coincidence :-D Fuck soundcloud nigga

Pro tools or Cubase for recording or even Audacity if you don't plan to produce.

I enjoy the first 4 second of your track. Good job! I wonder how you achieve the sounds you do.

Can anyone give their opinion on these monitors?

who here uses krk rokit 5s?

theyre gud

>:-D
are you a german

get the 7s instead of the 5s for better bass response

i borrowed a pair from my friend for a month to try out and i didnt really like them

>get the 7s instead of the 5s for better bass response

A bit low on funds. Any cheaper alternatives?

If I didn't apply a filter you for sure wouldn't, The song initially started with a catchy but very generic synth melody :-D I was so high, damn... when I've finished the track I stood by the window and listened to it, it was night. I couldn't really understand what I've done yet but it felt not only great, but also transcending and widening.

Best moment while recording: I got kind of afraid of my hands moving like automatically over the keyboard (I can get precise and insanelly fast like a machine while being on weed) and started to check if I actually move my right hand by myself because I'm actually left handed, haha. If you listen to the whole song you notice passages where a 12 (I guess)-Note loop is played manually at sometimes different syncopatic variations for like more than a minute and stuff, I learned that while being high on weed some months ago and I think one of these were the one where I just though "what the heck is happening in here again, my hands move like automatic")

In my personal opinion it needs to be shortened though, a little bit maybe, but I won't do it because the track is finished.

I'm not a german but I live here, yes. I started to post the nosed laughing smiley again as it was out like for years ironically.

Just looked at the link and I was right what a suprise

i am not sure what is a good alternative besides saving for the bigger ones because the hs5 only go down to 54hz and youd need to buy a woofer to get lower frequencies

or buy the 5s and save up for sub if you have headphones already.

Your cord management sucks user
use wall hooks

Chords are mainly boring....
better get a high latency wifi instead! ha! :-D

Superior Drummer VS Addictive Drums?

Who wins?

>Addictive Drums 2 2.0.7 Total Size: 9.24 GB
Superior drummer has 40 GB+

lol know but I actually wanted to share your page, it's fucking great man, I really like some of your stuff

Cool then, thanks. It's just the beginning I guess, I just have set up the website (a week ago) and the displayed producing method is still very young, as you could read, I've started this stuff in the beginning of april 2016. Much appreciation

>SAMPLE BASED """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""MUSIC"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

INSTRUMENTS AS GUITAR, PIANO, DRUMS AND OTHERS ARE NOT REAL INSTRUMENTS THEY ARE JUST BIG SAMPLE BANKS WITH HUMANIZE ON.
INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC IS NOT MUSIC.

how does that make it better?

what are the best quality drum machine samples you know /prod/

They are wavs so the sound quality is better

wavs are much louder than than mp3s that come with other things

How do I make this poking sound that comes in after the first bar in this song?

youtube.com/watch?v=UB7CbOhH0Wo

youtube.com/watch?v=2mIIO7l8PBE

FM or record a guitar with plucking near the bridge.

Can we be friends?

I want to do a proper bass cover of this

Only if you have a femine penis.

its funny because the "bass" only plays the same note over and over again

I imagined distorted bass chords over a bassline of what the "guitar" is playing

I have a soundcloud full of junk like this

clyp.it/rp4qziab

sure that could work as well

only needs to be a full song now to do a full bass cover other than that,go ahead and try to cover it

That feel when you distorted bass chords with lowpass filtered crash drums over reverberation synthesizer VST Delay Master bus applying to Midi track? DAW Guitar Noise generator, sound spectrum bass clavinet flac samples. Converting Synths to raw audio data spectral analysis, soundmangled quickfucker dodging high cock supreme masta anus volume one.

clyp.it/lpbrx5uf

was kekking long before quickfucker, but after i read quickfucker i saved this. thanks friend.

i like these a lot, friends.

more, a different style
clyp.it/hl1iap0p

Formulaic referencing reciproke expression, Adressate.

meh, gotta say i liked the first one more. although the hard saturation/limiter could be lessened a little on both.

Haven't fucked around with my daw in months.
clyp.it/nlzqdcsq

they're compressed to shit to balance out the fact my "recording rig" is a 1/4 -> 3.5mm cord

So, I just want to make sure I understand compression. Basically, if I have a track that is clipping or loud in a few small parts, is this a case that I would use compression?

I've tried it and it sounds ok, but I just want to make sure this is the proper path to take. Thanks everyone

but it doesn't have to be distorted to absolute fuck. unless the adapter is distorting your recording and you're just distorting everything?

nailed it

I shouldn't be in a prod thread i dont know the first thing

If you don't mind no dynamics, professionals don't use compression.

>I shouldn't be in a prod thread
how else would you get constructive criticism

oh boi.

compression is best learned by trying it out on various sounds and just playing with it. combined with help from videos or tutorials, not one the other.

i like to think of a compressor as a funnel.
a conventional funnel takes takes a large amount of liquid and condenses it into a smaller stream. in case you (like many people) think "compressors make it phat and loudddd". that's you hearing the make up gain. a compressor simply decreases the amplitude based on a threshold you give along with attack and release. what it does in affect after make up gain is applied, makes loud sounds and quiet sounds closer together. using it in excess isn't recommended. learn how to mix with faders first. sorry if this was a shitty explanation, i can elaborate.

you can learn. stay here.

ok so i went ahead and did a graphic explanation of what i wanted to say in my paragraph.

Thanks for the explanation. That makes sense.

I guess I was just wondering if I record, say, a vocal part and the singer gets too close to the mic for a few seconds and sounds louder than the rest of the vocal track, what would you do in that circumstance? I know I could do some volume automation to dip the volume down for a few seconds, but is this the preferred method?

Thanks for this. That makes the point much clearer

you can do whatever sounds or works best in the situation. I was going to mention automation but you already did. A compressor basically is automation in super simple terms. but yes, if there is a part of audio that is much too louder than the average volume, yeah i suppose so. if the audio is like hovering around at -5.0db most of the time and every now and then she its -2.0, set the threshold to just under -2.0 and use your ears for the rest. some people make the compressors obnoxiously obvious and it ruins the sound. subtle touches are best.

clyp.it/ppyqtedc

Two full original songs:

clyp.it/y5znrayi

clyp.it/kvusf4xm

Let me know what you think, especially about lyrics and stylistic choices, what should be redone or scrapped, etc. I've only been using FL studio a month but played guitar for 15 years. I would call these electro-art-rock or something.

satanic trips. i like die for tomorrow, but PERSONALLY i dislike the vocals. but I usually like instrumentals anyway.

>subtle touches are best.
thisis correct its really easy to over do it with effects

Great, thanks so much. That makes a lot of sense

Glad i could help, you seem to have a grasp on it

Is what means by saturation the "thickness" of the distortion? (the sustain on my pedal)

no, i meant the master audio just being too abrasive and uncomfortable to listen to. it works in moderation but crushing the fuck out of the entire song just hurts.

I like the riffs, but the distortion makes it too painful to be more than a novelty. I like the tritone part. I also liked the riff at the end after the silence.. I would switch to that part sooner.

>autism

ah, i apologize. those are uncompressed audio files, i had my speakers lowered unreasonably to adjust

>knowledge on the tools im using instead of "throw le soundgoodizer on it"
>autism

not arguing that i'm not autistic, but come on.

all good. just be sure to fix it in the mix.

Thanks man. Any idea what it is you don't like? I am the first to admit my singing is poor, but I need to know what to work on.

you did forget to cover ratios.

people opening anons audio files should be wary of headphone destruction :)

stfu, he's just trying to help, cunt.

i don't like to hurt anyone's feelings or anything so don't take anything i say personally, it is subjective. i think the actual music is fucking gold, 15 years of guitar sounds about right. the lyrics seem out of place and very forced.

i'm trying to explain to people the bare basics without confusing them, which is hard enough WITHOUT ratios, which should be pretty self explained.