King Crimson Discussion

Best King Crimson album coming through.

I prefer Larks' Tongues, but Discipline was fantastic. The song Discipline is among their greatest songs. The interlocking guitars in that track are just perfection.

>I REPEAT MYSELF WHEN UNDER STRESS I REPEAT MYSELF WHEN UNDER STRESS I REPEAT MYSELF WHEN UNDER STRESS I REPEAT MYSELF WHEN UNDER STRESS I REPEAT MYSELF WHEN UNDER STRESS I REPEAT MYSELF WHEN UNDER STRESS I REPEAT MYSELF WHEN UNDER STRESS I REPEAT MYSELF WHEN UNDER STRESS I REPEAT

Talking Heads did it better

Sounds cheesy and dated now. Discipline still shines.

>implying prog rock doesn't sound cheesy and dated now

People like to compare the two as if King Crimson copied them in the 80s, but they really were two different bands. Find me a Talking Heads song that sounds anything like Discipline, Indiscipline, Requiem, The Howler, Dig Me, Industry, Larks Tongues in Aspic part 3, or Sartori in Tangier. They're different bands.

I'd agree with you if pic related didn't exist

The title song is absolutely beautiful

I wish there was more like this, there's almost nothing similar

See

see

Of course i know that but i want more

No

No

They're barely comparable with the exception of Belew singing in a Byrne-esque manner.
Listen to Beat, it's a great record

Objectively their 3 best albums

nice discussion

for starters they did three albums like this. obviously there's also talking heads and anything else belew related

Are you guys kidding me?
Discipline is a great album and The Sheltering Sky is just a perfect song but pic related is just fucking magic, i can't think of a prog album that even comes close

>>>/reddit/

The only good songs there are Fallen Angel and Starless

I love this album. I thought the same thing for years but it's simply not true.

Sorry guys, just posted the wrong picture three times. Meant to post pic related. Best kc album by far :)

Implying Providence isn't the greatest song ever recorded

All 5 songs there are spectacular. Specially One More Red Nightmare and Starless

I second this

i cant understand how a king crimson fan cant like the title track. Larks tongue and starless and bible black are better albums too

LTIA > RED = ITCOTCK = ITWOP > Discipline = SABB > TOAPP = Lizard = Islands > Beat = TCOL > everything else

I am not saying is bad, but it's nothing really amazing when compared to other songs on their catalogue.

Islands = LTIA > Discipline > ITCOTCK > S&BB > Thrak = Red > TOAPP > ITWOP = Lizard > Construkction > Beat > Power to Believe

just fuck off m8

lmao come on... quit fronting

No but I actually really love Islands

LTIA=ITCOCK>Discipline=Islands>Lizard>TOAPP>S&BB>Thrakadh;falhdfk;jashdkfah;sfdha

fair enough lad

This is the objective best KC album.

Beat isn't even bad you faggots

Entry level into KC, real fans become enlightened after listening to others albums as to which is the best.

It's just kinda meh, but with a few really good stand-out tracks.

Pre-90s King Crimson POWER RANKINGS

1. Lark's Tongues in Aspic
2. Starless and Bible Black
3. Islands
4. ItCotCK
5. Discipline
6. Red
7. Lizard
8. Three of a Perfect Pair
9. Beat
10. In the Wake of Poseidon

Try Fripp's solo album Exposure

Overall best King Crimson member coming through

It's actually

1. Red
2. Islands
3. Lark's Tongue
4. ItCotCK
5. Discipline
6. In the Wake of Poseidon
7+ who cares

It was Bill Bruford
Guy was a savage live

agreed, he evolved kc like crazy and when he left yes they became so inconsistent

relax aspie nobody said they were bad. King Crimson is my favorite band, all of their albums are at least a 7/10 for me except thrak and power to believe.

Out of my way plebs

>in a dream theater side project
D R O P P E D

cheers

Vocally speaking it's Wetton = Belew > Lake > Burrell > Jakszyk >>>>>>>>>>> Haskell

>Wetton = Belew > Lake
I think you mean Lake = Wetton > Belew

I hated Wetton's vocals and liked Haskell's

I wanted to puke.

Wetton isn't as overall as good a vocalist as Lake, but his high points equal those of Lake.

The only good songs are the first and the last songs.

>all this power to believe hate
fuck you guys, it's easily one of their best

The issue with Islands is it really is the black sheep of KC's pre 80's output. It classical-ed harder than any other KC album, but it's underrated as fuck.

>IMPALED ON NAIIIILS OF ICE
Jesus the goosebumps I got.

Except LTIA was significantly more consistent. Also it had the only good one of that "soft-improv" (Songs like the improv on Moonchild, Providence and etc.) track they ever did, which was The Talking Drum.
Red's guitar sound was amazing though.

Swap Discipline and Poseidon and you are gold.

Providence is good though, and there's loads of that sort of stuff on Starless and Bible Black and it's amongst their best work

Jakszyk sucks, i listened to some recent live versions and he sings like if he was the singer of toto or some cheesy cover band

I agree with LTIA being the greatest, but Moonchild is the second best song in ITCOTCK, which is one of their best albums.

I'm partial to John Wetton but Tony is incredible.
Yeah dude that fucking line on "The Letters" is chilling.

Is Islands really that good? I have it, I just have yet to listen to it. I loved ITCOCK, Red, Larks' Tongues, and Discipline

What's the best of their ITCOTCK-era or earlier live recordings?

Islands is nothing like the other albums. You have to sit back and enjoy it like a classical piece. It's better than Lizard by far.
Lizard was why they hung up the medieval imagery.

I have a signed copy of this I picked up for a dollar in a thrift shop.

i'm so fucking sorry guys this is the fourth time i've posted the wrong picture
pic is objectively the best King Crimson album

I got a $5 copy at a record show, which has a stamp indicating it was a promotion copy. Full cover still and everything.

damn...

Claim "your" King Crimson album, GO!

I Claim Larks Tongue in Aspic.

S&BB>Red>LTIA>>>>ItWoP>Islands>Discipline>Lizard>ItCotCK>ToaPP>THRAK>Beat>>>>TCoL>TPtB

LTIA S&BB and Red always switch around

objectively best live album of all time

>lizard above ITCOTCK

that's not gavin harrison

Absolutely agreed. Everything there is perfect