I'm a black dude who grew up in Inglewood California. I made it out of gangland...

I'm a black dude who grew up in Inglewood California. I made it out of gangland, went to college and now work in marketing. Ask me some shit for the next 30 minutes Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Tvp97SMZc6M
donaldjtrump.com/positions/tax-reform
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How did you get past the zookeepers

You got bars, bitch?

That pic is comfy as fuck fam

Haha that's cold user.
Nah I'm shit at rapping.

congrats, whats your favorite band/artist?

lame sauce
how often were drive bys?
what's currently considered the worst ghetto of LA? (I used to live in South Central)

ever wanted to be white?

youtu.be/Tvp97SMZc6M

Do you talk ghetto naturally and have to shift to white when in a professional environment?

Are you happy getting out of ghetto land?

Srs question now tho how was school for you

Whats the worst shit you've ever seen?

>marketing
Marketing drugs or stolen shit?

>Imb4 a newfag yells nigger in a attempt to fit in without understanding that here when people say nigger they are referring to people who have done nothing with their life and feed off welfare while acting like they are entitled to shit

I'm pretty open to all music. But I usually like J.Cole maybe so Xilent when I want DnB. But like I said, I can listen to anything.
I'd hear about a driveby happening atleast once a month. Probably was more frequent but I got the shit beaten out of me in school because I didn't want none of the gang environment, and wanted college instead. So most of the dangerous shit I'd overhear, or relatives would talk about it.
Vermont vista is pretty bad.
No I'm actually fine being black despite the way other black people act, but I've never thought they define me.
Sorry man.
I don't speak in ebonics at all. But I don't speak super "white" either. And yeah, very happy, it was my goal growing up.

Everything was fine until high school. When kids started getting involved with their older brothers and uncles gangs, aswell as 'OGs' floating around the high school parking lots. I never wanted to join, so I got beaten up often by random kids. Wear the wrong shit, say the wrong shit, or just be around a place you aren't supposed to be and you may get whooped. Fucking ridiculous.
Walking to school one day, and I heard yelling in a house, then shots fired. Saw a blood splat on the window and that shit troubled me FAAAR more than the 3 dead bodies I've seen and live shooting. I was 13. Don't know why it troubled me the most though.
Kek, none.

Was there a particular moment or decision that you feel put you on the right path in life?

I'm English and white and I find the situation with the black community in the United States pretty interesting. Seems strange to me that so many people get sucked into a life of crime and bullshit based on their skin colour.

What Gang were you around most like bloods or crips or anyother gang their was around.

Bloods. But they are divided into many subgroups. Some who even fight eachother. There was a clip presence but only when some shit was about to happen

This stuff about black people in the gangs sounds very similar to the moaris and islanders over here

Is your family still in Inglewood?

How often do you go back there?

WAZ YOU KINGS?

My Uncle and Aunt were killed in a home invasion, some gang and drug related nonsense. I was 15 and when that happened it had me thinking what was all this bullshit for. Like why? Age, impregnate someone, leave and gangbang? It was a stupid cycle and I had seen the effects of it. So when that thing happened, I just thought I'd have to break out of it. A moment of clarity sort of, where your mind just opens up and you have this goal. Because I always thought it'd be impossible for me to make it out until my aunt and uncle passed. It was a blessing and a curse.

As for why they get suckered in? It's the culture. It's garbage but not enough realize. It's promoted in the songs, media, it's glorified. There's a reason why prior to this culture and after desegregation, we had black folk who were more dignified. It's possible to be normal people, but they don't realize it, and are too caught up playing victim.

Black dude? You mean nigger?

Do black people really give each other shit in school for learning and actually trying to graduate?

He's already said he went to college and has a job. So he is a black dude and not a nigger.

Try fucking thinking before posting next time.

So I've heard. But I assume stricter gun laws keeps your situations a little more calm than the Iraq-like situation here.
Hell fucking no. When I moved to Oregon, I lived in a shitty apartment, in a shitty area for 4 years so I could save up enough money to get my parents and sister out of there. It's been 8 years since I left and I live in an average apartment but atleast they've got a normal place to live and a fairly good neighborhood. Sister also goes to a normal school. Probably saved her from getting pregnant young.

I think it can depend. In Inglewood, absolutely. It's seen like you're trying to be better than them, some claim you self hate. But maybe in better states it's a lot less like that. I grew up with dangerous scum, so they literally ran themselves into a shitty corner and when someone else managed not to, it offended them.

Sorry I hurt your feelings champ

That is seriously fucked up man, education and self betterment are the ways out of that cycle. I can't imagine someone coming down on me for trying to do better.

As a fellow black guy it does depend. I was from a good area and blacks generally motivated eachother to do well and try to get to college and get good grades. But ion know about the bad areas

Yeah... That's what I meant with my other post where I said that it's possible to change ALOT of shit if there was some actual self-realization in the shit areas.
But it weirdly got me where I am today.
Nice Dubs. And that's great man, that kind of attitude would've been great in my area. Would've saved alot of kids lives and ontop of all that, it was worse knowing some smart guys go down that path because they saw me getting beat and didn't want to go through that, cheating themselves out of opportunity.

Lmao forgot to answer this. Gave me a chuckle

Bump if there's any more questions

Were you in that other thread about bullying an hour ago?

Yep yep. Was fairly bored so thought about talking about something that I'd assume not much know about.

Alright cool if that's it, this the final bump before signing off

theoretically speaking if I found myself wandering the vicinity of Inglewood, would you oblige and spot me a sac?

Why do some Black people think you aren't "black" if you become successful?

It's generally the uneducated ones that do. They use the excuse "not black" but it's more of hating the fact you managed to make something out of a situation they thought impossible to do something with.
Damn dude its been 8 years the terminology is slipping from me. You talking about Sacramento?

rally for reptiles

Your dad still around

Are you gonna vote Trump?

Yep, lucky me I guess.

lmao "and when you come to Inglewood im gon front you a sac"

Not sure if I'm gonna vote at all...
Not too big on politics, I just don't want to lose my job, or be in an economy that'd fuck over my job.
Problem is I haven't been close attention to the race aside from idle work chatter, so I don't know which candidate is best suited for that.

GOD DAMN, you were referencing the DPG. My mistake man, holy shit.

I getcha.
Well, you can read Trump's economic plans here:
donaldjtrump.com/positions/tax-reform
If that's what you care about the most.

I'll have a look in a bit, thanks.

Marketing kool-aid?

Stop recruiting idiots in a completely unrelated thread. I have to see enough of his wrinkly blonde face all over Sup Forums and this was a pretty cool thread.

Lmaoooo

Ok hillary

I wasn't trying to shove my beliefs down the throat to the man you can an "idiot" . I was just curious.
AMA means Ask Me ANYTHING.

Regards, an Eastern European immigrant who grew up during the civil wars over here trying to make a living in NYC. In the 90s I saw people come and go (including some family) like the man who made this thread so I can relate to him quite well.

Go fuck yourself.

*there

Congratulations bro. I'm half black, half white. I grew up in southwest Atlanta. I managed to graduate high school without being shot, got picked on for selling out by going to class and graduating with honors, joined the navy, learned electronics, got out and went to school, and now I'm 40, I work as an electrical engineer making 6 figures. I live in the same area, but up on the northside where all the civilized people live. I haven't been back to my old neighborhood since I left it, 22 years ago.

Thank you man, you're an inspiration.
I wish more would do the same, because it's not as hard as they think if they just grab at it.

Ever been in a crack palace?

No Kek. But I do vividly remember visiting my now deceased uncle one day and seeing a group of guys just loading up an arsenal with guns on a table.
Uncle just looked at me, smiled and told me to go home. I assume that's what goes down in a crack palace though, without the crack.

You too, bro. A lot of people who come from impoverished areas resign themselves to that fate. And that's exactly what society wants them to do. I refused. They are fully capable of succeeding despite the stereotype, but they choose not to only to appear principled. Whatever that means in the hood, Rep I suppose. But it's not hard at all. Just have to want it.

Having lived there and gotten out, what do you think the solution is to the gang issues that plague an area like Inglewood? Im just asking on a regulatory / political standpoint. Obviously the victim-mentality pandering hasn't really worked. As a society what do you think would be most effective at fostering an environment where people make good choices like you did?

Good job not being a nigger op

no homo?

Do black guys really have big dicks?