The game is supposed to have 18 000 000 000 000 000 000 planets in it. That's an 18 followed by 18 zeros...

The game is supposed to have 18 000 000 000 000 000 000 planets in it. That's an 18 followed by 18 zeros. So lets say every star in the game has 10 planets. That's still 1 800 000 000 000 000 000 stars. If we say that each galaxy is on average the size of the milky way containing 100 billion stars (100 000 000 000) and we do some simple division, we have 18 000 000 galaxies in this game. That's 18 million galaxies.

The goal is to get to the center of the starting galaxy. So it only seems natural to assume that there is intergalactic travel. And if you can travel intergalatically, that makes getting to the center of the universe a kind of inconsequential point. So it doesn't seem much of a stretch to come up with the idea that once you get to the center of the galaxy you unlock intergalactic travel. Sean Murray has dropped hints about this. I forget which video I saw him say this in but he said something very close to...

You think the game is on one scale, then suddenly you pull back and you realize how much grander it is

youtube.com/watch?v=X2G8w-GB05Q

Not an exact quote, but that's essentially what he said. Besides, it kind of makes sense just from a gameplay point of view. You take all this time, traveling all this way. The reward is a hyperdrive that allows you to travel just about anywhere instantly, including other galaxies. I think that make sense. Because what if you want to go back to a world you found near the beginning of the game. Do you have to make the long journey back step by step? Unlikely. But of course, this is all just speculation.

Just curious what other people think.

the game will be shit like Spore

spore sold hundreds of millions of copies.

Too bad its never gonna stop getting fucking pushed back.

Its only been delayed once =]

U mad faggot? Mommy didn't but you a copy?

it's going to fail, people will find it empty and quickly grow tired of 'exploring'.

randomly generated has it's limits

mad faggot lol

And what probably gonna happen is youre gonna have X ammount of intergalactic fuel or whateverthefuck that youll have to scrounge from each planet thus giving the rush to the center a challenge.

it's a shitty game with almost no content. waste of money.

I just hope they allow me to explore shit with friends.

most likely lol

Can't be worse than Elite:Dangerous.

>implying something can't be shit just because it's popular.

the game isn't out yet you don't know that..

>billions of millions dont lie

Lol XDDDDD LOLLL

watch the fucking dev videos you retard. it's just

>go to planet
>look at boring shit
>go to next planet
>look at boring shit
repeat forever.

Can we talk about the fact that, even if every planet is somehow represented by 1 byte, that's still 18,000 petabytes, approximately 1,000,000x the size of the largest commercial hard drive on the market, or a bit over 2x as much data storage as the total worldwide production of hard drives every year?

Yeah. Don't hold your breath.

how do you go to the next planet? you cant just keep going you need resources, and you need to craft certain equipment to traverse different planet types. thats not even touching the fact that you can learn alien languages too.

>knows nothing about the game.
>talks still

This. Avoid the robot defenders, look at and catalog new species or minerals, rinse and repeat.

I can see this being entertaining for a weekend or two.

>90% of pop music
>the kardashians
>etc.

I could go on.

wrong.

I dont know what kind of shit youre blabbing about but i am raping every fucking space animal i see

About what am I wrong? Do you see it only being entertaining for one weekend?

edgy poor fag

So you're saying OP's game doesn't exist and the game by that title doesn't have 1.8e19 planets? Or are you just being a retard because you don't know what trolling is?

AHAHAHA REALLY FUNNY

The thing is the scale is completely fake. It's not really impressive to have a large database. Each time you visit a planet you either look up or create and entry about how the visuals of the planet should be proc gened. There's a reason why they say people won't run into each other in the game...

u dnt kno anything about the game

Spore is fucking awesome, you just suck at games

Then please correct/enlighten me.

im saying you dont know anything about the game

no.

>what is procedural generation
they didn't hand craft each fucking planet

>thinking it will ever come out
Aww youre cute

>craft some fuel
>craft some shit so you can land on planets
MUH CRAFTING
MUH CONTENT

this game is 99% eye candy retards fall for because of the shaders and colors, and 1% content. but by all means, waste your money on shitty crowdfunded games that will never deliver even near what they promise.

kek why poor, i make enough money to live comfortably.

So the second one. Gotcha.
If they're being created one by fucking one as you play the game, then there is no set quantity of planets on the game because until the user's computer makes them the figure is fucking 0.

Le epic troll

>you don't know this game is bad it isn't out yet
>look at how good it is
try harder shill

kek

fuck off

its going to be amazing and you will come back to lick my shilly balls

>onlypretending.jpg T minus 20 posts

>admits he is a shill
Wew

Than prove user wrong above instead of just saying "no"

You guys are all stupid, you can literally explore space as an astronaut and discover new species, something humans won't be able to do for hundreds of years. You can become a space pirate or a traveler between worlds, YOU CAN BE WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU WANT TO BE

Why can't you dull people have an imagination and think about the game like a piece of paper ready to be drawn on, you can write your on story in this game

how do you know its not even out yet

I just calculated it would take exactly 325000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 hours to explore the whole thing

DONT TALK SHIT ABOUT SPORE.

>write your story for us

>procedurally generated as you play
>starts with 0 planets
>but the computer will force you to stop once your computer has created more planets than there are bytes of data in Google's largest data center

Seems really likely, actually.

copypasta ad pls leave

yeah and im also one of the devs to. lol

>tfw 'you don't know that' only applies to criticism

agreed. Spore was terrible. RTS end game? XD what a joke

spot on

spore sold hundreds of millions pleb.

upside down lion is more deader

I think there are same types of planets, and the game just picks a random type from a list and just gives it a new name, but even still...

Uh hmm
Let me prove how wrong you are
>space pirate
You will never meet other real players, never. What fun is it to be a pirate to AI?
>exploring astronuat
How is saying this imaginative when it is the main focus of the game? Also yeah it will be fun for about a week tops.
>oh cool new planet
>blue grass, red sky
>crazy creatures
>fly to different planet
>oh hmm neat i guess
>green grass orange sky
>slightly different crazy creatures
>fly off
>hmmm

Going to give the game a chance. There is literally nothing else worth playing out right now, besides trash like Fallout

Cool. Hows it feel to develop a shitty hype train?

let me prove how wrong you are
>ugly and alone
there.

>besides trash like Fallout
Oh come on user, it wasn't that bad.

fallout sucks play the witcher

k XD

Point is it does not and cannot hope to have that many planets until data storage advances tremendously.

a cool 60k salary cool.

Well crafted m8
One gold star

You obviously dont play enough sandbox games

thats what i thought little bitch nuffin to say.

gee... this is a hard one.
is that lion like on a world that's upside down too?

I'm playing Witcher right now, but Russian fantasy dream is starting to get old, being the only game I play

>60k, forced overtime, strict deadlines, hair loss
Wew

hype game of the fucking millennium here. I cant wait for this to lay a big, bland, boring fart across the face of gaming if/when it finally does come out.

same shill thread every other day

Not as poor as that comeback.

i have too much hair if anything. thank you.

>What fun is it to be a pirate to AI?
OP is clearly a fag and a liar, but I spent a fucking long time playing pirate against AI on Escape Velocity. Maybe it's just me being an old fuck, but I enjoy dicking with AI and suspending disbelief as to their 'reactions' to it.

I'm gonna feel bad for the ps4 blokes who preordered this

>implying a game this big is comparable to other sandbox games
I play plenty, i loved FO4, but hell that map was huge, and the game play was very repetitive

same hive mind saying the same shit too. great community you're apart of.

it's like minecraft, it's auto generated.

One is a northern african lion on the top of the world, the other is subsaharan on the bottom.

>ill pick out the joke point
Enjoy that atenolol

>hundreds of people agree thread after thread
>one person disagrees thread after thread
That democracy tho fam.

>XD
OH YOU FUCKED UP NOW

Didn't they make this game already?

Top as in the top of Mount Everest and bottom the bottom of the ocean?

you wish nerd.

Eye candy? It doesn't even look good.

Never heard of scientific notation no? Or would that harm the joke.

Most times this thread is post, unanimously they decide it will be a starbound/spore failure. No content, re-textured garbage that will be a bore after an hour of play.

you actually think im a dev and thats pathetic. im not even op.

so fucking what how many planets there? you can put as many zeroes as you want, it's still going to be the same random procedural generated shit.

With the ever vast space, you're also rarely going to run into any other players.

This is minecraft in space, except without the crafting. How fucking boring is that.

Sure this game has appeal, to stoners who just want to mellow out and watch space float by them.

If it's like an actual universe, there is no centre.
Imagine a 2D universe shaped like the surface of a sphere, every point appears to be the centre, and if you travel always in the same direction you end up in the starting position. Now, you can't imagine the same for a 3D universe shaped like the surface of a hypersphere, but every point appears to be the centre, and if you travel in a straight line you are gonna end up to the starting point.