Any skatefags on right now? Lets talk about the only legitimate sport out there

Any skatefags on right now? Lets talk about the only legitimate sport out there.

Whats your setup?

Right now, Antihero deck, thunder trucks, shakejunt hardware because for the homies and bones stf wheels. You?

got me a GIRL deck wit some bones trucks sum cloud 9 8 balls wit some lucky frog grip tape and a pair of industry 2 inch wheels for some sick grind action

Fuck yeah, how long you been skating?

Ive got an Uber deck, venture Trucks, Yart Wheels, sk8dlx shockpads and shakejunt Bolts.
I recently changed from longboard to skateboard, because I dont have good hills for driving a longboard

and bones super reds bearings

since like middle school skate for life biatch! also surf and rock climb. fuck normie sports tbh always hated em

Good choice. Longboarding is truly just a cop out for people that tried skating at one point and sucked (which everyone does) or people that knew skating was too hard so bought a longboard. Skating is 10x more rewarding too

Same. Never played team sports as a kid and always wanted something to do. Wish I found skating before I was like 19.

>only legitimate sport
>kek

what fuckin backwater hole did you crawl out of?

I've recently been wanting to get into skateboarding. Seems comfy practicing something every day and having a cheap hobby to always be learning. I am 24, is it too late for me to pick it up?

Think about it. Its one of the only fucking sports where you legitimately start at zero.
>Anyone can kick a ball
>Anyone can catch a ball
You just take those natural skills and develop them. Skating you actually start at fucking zero, not being able to do anything.

Plan B deck, Mob grip, Thunder trucks, Bones wheels, Spitfire bearings, no idea what hardware.
Honestly the fastest, smoothest setup ove ever had. My secret is Valve oil. Put some of that shit in your bearings and its like riding on butter
(Its old af but still good i guess. Not evough money to buy new shit)

>Skateboarding being a legitimate sport
Fucking kek!

>anyone can push with their feet
Literally the worst argument ever.

Nah. I started at 22 and never looked back. 25 now and basically all of my friends are from skating

This. I started off not being able to even step on a board. And thats what keeps me motivated when i cant land that one trick, "everyone was a beginner at some point."

Man that sounds so comfy. I follow a few youtubers that all skate and look like really good friends. It looks hard af tho

Holy fucking shit you're retarded.
>Ask your mom to kick a soccer ball..
>Ask your mom to ride down the smallest incline on a skateboard..
>Watch her accomplish task 1 with ease
>Watch her eat shit and cry attempting the second one.

You're a fucking moron

Then watch your mom attempt task 2.

Stf are perfection

Exactly dude. I'm learning switch fs flips right now and every time I start getting pissed as fuck, I remember trying to ollie and think about how much progression I've made. And when you finally do land that shit, it's an incomparable feeling

Collegefag 19 year old here, I've always thought skating was pretty sweet. When I was young got a custom board, was shit and gave it away, i wish i had kept it. I wanna get a new board and learn to skate while in college. im in arizona so summers are hot as balls but its flat everywhere around here so i think learning to do some flat ground and basic riding techniques will work out here.

Should i check skate shops for boards or buy online, i dont even know if i can still ollie?

s'up from /o/.

I can dig it. Skating isn't my thing, but the difference between our sports and "traditional" sports is that our sport takes TWO balls.

You ever seen thrasher's Hall of meat?

Go to your local shop fersure and tell them exactly that. They'll let you know what to get. Shops generally are run by cool ass dudes that don't wanna rape you with prices.

Generally..

I second this. Don't go to zumiez or a mall shop. Go to a dedicated skate shop

Good bait OP

Yeah. That's where I draw the similarity, minus the dropped 's' at the end of the second sport.

Football and other impact sports not withstanding, skaters and drivers put themselves at grave personal risk every time they do something they love.

Doesn't matter if that love is careening with a wall in a carbon fiber rocket with four wheels at 200MPH, or eating it from a 40 foot fall off of a ramp.

Much respect, skaterfags. Much respect.

Learning fakie impossibles here. Everytime i eat shit and feel like just giving up i remind myself, even the pros were beginners. Even they had trouble landing a trick, and that just keeps me going.

for sure i'll have to look around but i'm sure theres something local. My bike just got stolen, so i guess i need a new method of transportation too, so a new board works.

Fuck yeah, got the green bingamans, they sexy as shit.

Buy DLX (Antihero, Krooked, Real) best decks.

How do you guys feel about Revive?

this. probably skate til i cant anymore

I don't like Aaron Kyro, that's about it. Jonny Giger kills flatground though. As far as the decks go, I've never skated one

You faggots do that. I'm gonna sit and watch both your mums take a heavy facial because they're mad wide for my new vans.