mfw Sup Forums thinks there better than normies because they don't all listen to the same top 40...

> mfw Sup Forums thinks there better than normies because they don't all listen to the same top 40, but all they do is take one step further and circle jerk MBV and radiohead and anything p4k talks about.
Literally no better than people who don't care about music. Sup Forums is an exact carbon copy of r/indieheads. Hundreds of albums come out every month and it's amazing that everyone thinks Sup Forumscore and related artists are the epitome of music. Go to any chart thread. It all looks the same right? Go to any vinyl purchase thread. It all looks the same right? Favorite album thread, rec threads. All looks the same and everyone only knows the same shit.

How's your first day here going?

/thread

got em good user

there are a lot of people on Sup Forums user. try visiting the threads that aren't about the same ~50 artists. I understand that it can be overwhelming and scary

t. embryos

should have expected, the only rebuttal 16 year olds can give here

Generals are about the only threads where you will get variety.

Honestly, I discover new music all the time, I just cbf talking about it here. Sup Forums is like the friends you share interests with but spend so much time with that you would rather just banter than talk about anything.

Sup Forums does actually have an interest in music, because you can talk and recc each other more out there stuff when you actually try to engage with eachother with a good thread (not this)

We're not like Sup Forums (who genuinely have pleb taste in cartoons and comics)

Which ones of these are p4kcore?

I think this webpage is stuck in some patterns. Yesterday was the first time since months I visited this website and I think my absence here is quite reasonable, because there is literally no point in posting here, mainly. I also noticed that noone else in the worlds seems to care about the artists posted here, like they were just some kind of mu's standard accessory.

Who the fuck is "Poppy"? Who is "Andrew Jackson Jihad" (wtf) and who are "the swans"? seriously.

inorite

all those people who go and see AJJ and Swans live are ALL Sup Forumstants, right

(Do they have got solo gigs? Show me some footage, I'll count the people being there and I'll tell you if your ironic statement could be possible. If they're performing only only at festivals there is a possibility that the people attending those notice those bands but don't actually give a damn about them and don't know them.)

Also, I didn't say that. You could easily market a band officially that has a hidden purpose within a closed circle without having the normal people noticing it. I just think that something's foul here.

I think if you aren't baiting, you're a fucking idiot.

Why so? Not that I'd care about your opinion or any opinion, I'm the type of guy that'd state that the earth is flat in front of the whole world.

I'm just joining points. my previous post may be vague and unprecise but there are some recognizable patterns here and that is undeniable.

I knew AJJ and most Sup Forumscore before coming to Sup Forums, I know people irl who like swans and AJJ who don't use Sup Forums. People like these bands, and they're not just a relatively small internet community.

yeah, you're a fucking idiot.

if you unironically use the word "embryo" you're worse than any p4k circlejerker

t. embryo

did you know that everything permitted to be true in the world is 'unironically' so

Absolutely agree OP. The worst part is that people are going to dismiss it as bait without even realizing the amount of hypocrisy that entails.
Just like "normies" listen to Top 40 music, so does Sup Forums, but for some reason they think that "my Top 40 is better than yours".

Been on here for at least 4 years and I agree with the OP. How's your first week on Sup Forums?

you clearly have no arguments for anything you're trying to say. keep listening to your japanese noise rock bands with 2 ratings on rym that broke up after releasing one demo.

Avant-teen spotted

>been here 4 years
man i need to get out of this place before i become as autistic as you

that's what's called a false dichotomy, user.

But p4k and Sup Forumscore music is infinitely better than top 40 radio music, so yes, our taste IS better.
>he thinks music is a competition for who has the most eclectic taste
lmao how new are you exactly?

>our
stop

Don't worry, I have been as "autistic" since day one.

It's not like you had an argument on the first place. Also, lmao at those implications. Go back listening to Lady Gaga and One Direction now.

Except that's wrong. You are still almost the same as them.

hurr life is a feel xddd if youre happy then you smart haha hurr xddddxd im a retard btw

>all of Sup Forums is the same

Honestly Sup Forums's focus on RYM-tier obscurity and novelty is it's biggest issue

There are a few great artists and albums

And then there is 90% of music, derivative, unoriginal, boring garbage

Sup Forums doesn't understand the concept of greatness or great vs good

This board needs to stop worrying about whats been labelled pleb, fedora, meme etc

Fuck off retard, you think you are special for listening to mallgoth and sporkcore trash

t. butthurt

honestly you are the most insufferable piece of shit on this board

please just leave

this is exactly the attitude of this board that is the problem. OK keep thinking radiohead and spiderland are the greatest ever. I'm not saying obscure= quality, but there is more to music than what people post. You may discover something you love even more. But most of the younger kids here don't care enough.

There's nothing wrong with liking songs that are in the top 40, but most of it's shit and that can't be denied. Pop music is popular because even the lowest denominator can enjoy it. When a song does end up being good, it's never all that good anyways compared to what I could be listening to from my own selection of preference. There's so much god damn music dude, you can look for what suits you instead of just settling with what's popular.

Why is it a problem? If you like music once you've exhausted Sup Forumscore or whomever you drone, you automatically will start discovering music outside of that. There's literally 0 reason to hurry to listen to anything outside of the essentials and classics.

half the threads complaining about mu complain that everyone listens to the same shit

the other half complain that people listen to overly obscure shit just to look good

really makes you think..

Then there is all the other stuff thats not Sup Forumscore, ''normie'' or lolsoobscure

Maybe if more people made the effort to explore outside of Sup Forums and p4k/fantano instead of circlejerking over whats ''patrician'' there could be some variety

Theres centuries of traditional and classical, 100s of years of jazz, rhythm and blues and regional musical styles plus plenty of electronic based and other contemporary music never mentioned here.

>Redditor mad on Sup Forums
Nothing new
Also lurk more you fucking baby

First, change your catalog from "bump order" to "reply count" and scroll to the bottom. Reply and start new threads if you don't wanna hear the same discussion over and over.

Secondly, there is absolutely nothing wrong with listening to Sup Forumscore and p4k recommendation. You're just an elitest who thinks they're taste is superior because you listen to artists/albums that have smaller fanbases. The albums Sup Forums talks about are in every way superior to top 40, you're only point is that they're discussed too often. If you seriously think MBV, Radiohead, Death Grips and other Sup Forumscore artists are equal to artists like Nicki Minaj and shit then you're just as deluded as you are pretentious.

this

>thinking 4 years is a long time here
i seriously hope this is bait

Fucking go ahead and list artists that are never mentioned here that are better than Sup Forums's most popular artists of discussion.

Or better yet, go make a fucking thread about them instead of making one to bitch. Seriously this thread is more cancerous than any Sup Forumscore thread. If you want Sup Forums to discuss something then start a discussion. If the music is actually worthwhile it might gain popularity from the threads and may appear more often. Nobody is going to do it for you if nobody else on Sup Forums has been exposed.

(this is the part where you give examples)

I don't think nobody here ever thinks of Sup Forumscore as the best thing ever. It is just what people has in common.

Chart threads have changed over time and they gradually change their recomendations. It is true that Sup Forums is not talking about new music all the time, but t talks about new music more frecuently than any other music community I know. Just learn to stop clicking ITAOTS threads.
You used to be cool Avant. What went wrong?

>

>never mentioned here
>links threads on Sup Forums

>3 posters

But the tip is shinyer
(Sup Forums music is better)

Daily reminder to disregard tripfags

I never implied that, I only implied that the other guy was wrong with his assumptions.

What did I do that was wrong?
>I don't think nobody here ever thinks of Sup Forumscore as the best thing ever. It is just what people has in common.
You would be surprised. Also, it's things we have in common for a reason, and it's not a good reason.
Yeah, this is still better than the alternative anyways.

How come?

Nah

Friendly reminder to ignore dissenting opinions.

Nope

>What did I do that was wrong?
Being a whiny bitch. People here lke what they like. I apecciate that you brought some nice discussion on RIO and post rock, but you have to understand that you can't do anything about people spamming ITAOTS. If you are so annoyed by it just stop coming.

reminder that Sup Forums isn't an individual
probably it's just that the only albums posted on Sup Forums that you know are the ones you recognize from the essentials
you should listen to more music, not us, you OP

>Being a whiny bitch.
Like you are doing now? :P
No, but I care that people on here are very shallow with their musical taste on a place that should be about discovering new stuff. They always like what they like, but they could like better stuff.

>you have to understand that you can't do anything about people spamming ITAOTS.
ITAOTS isn't even a meme anymore. And yes, I can do something about this. As long as I convince someone and he can convince someone else, I'm done.

>If you are so annoyed by it just stop coming.
Doesn't follow.

>reminder that Sup Forums isn't an individual
Yeah, but there is a big Sup Forums hivemind that acts at one.

>probably it's just that the only albums posted on Sup Forums that you know are the ones you recognize from the essentials
Not him, but it's exactly because I recognize almost every album on here that I know this is a problem.

>you should listen to more music, not us, you OP
No, you should. I bet you haven't been on here for more than 4 months. Lurk more. Why? Because anyone who has browsed for more than that time knows Sup Forums talks about virtually the same music all the time.

THISx2

fucking kek
sure kid

The bottom half of that iceberg is at least 50x bigger than in that image.
(most of it is shit though)

OP IS BASICALLY
>HUMANS ARE EQUAL TO EACH OTHER
>ALIENS, THAT ARE EACH TO EACH OTHER, THINK THEY ARE BETTER THAN HUMANS
>IF HUMANS ARE EQUAL TO EACH OTHER AND ALIENS ARE EQUAL TO EACH OTHER, THIS MEANS THEY ARENT DIFFERENT FROM USER AND SO ARENT SUPERIOR