Anyone know what this snake oil device is?

Anyone know what this snake oil device is?
I found it at a thrift store this afternoon. Piqued my curiosity, so I paid the $3 they priced it at. There's no markings on it to suggest a name, function, or who makes it. It has two modes "Light" where it cycles through colors like in this pic, and "Bio" whose discernible effect I don't know, the lights turn off and I don't feel anything like an electrical buzz or heat.
(more pics to follow)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ot48HuEQjSQ
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreamachine
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Thing switched off. there's 8 1cm prongs in the middle of the light array.

More pics!

Yes they were discontinued a while ago. it uses tritium, lithium, and some pretty unstable radioactive isotopes.

Backside. despite the vent pattern, there's no fan inside. I don't know about the handle end, but it's all air behind the circuit board with the LEDs.

Obviously a BS product that does nothing useful.
But I request that you open it up to show what's inside for the electrical engineering fags.

It's measures and enhances your thetans

Can I make grilled cheeses with this?

Im pretty sure the government uses those to create nerve gas.

Looks like one of those fake teeth whitening things

Side view. The dial controls the "bio level," from 1 to 10. There's nothing of note on the other side, looks just like this sans dial.

Ultrasonic Bio Light Therapy device

I bet that the dial is not connected to anything electrical. Post teardown.

That's a nigger detect device. It should beep and turn red in the presence of niggers.

It's an optical sex toy.

It stimulates the vagina with light instead of vibration.

Looks to be it. This one has a similar design. How do they "work?" (I know, just google it.)

Posting the photos I took, then maybe I'll crack it open. Just realized the side panels, wondering if they're just decorative or wired to something.

Power supply. Searching the model number just brings reveals it to be a general use adapter, not made specifically for this.

>.How do they "work?"

They don't, it's a scam. Red, green, and blue Light? Pretty common in any light anywhere, like the SUN.

Yes

its basically a very shitty massager with a few led's attached, the ultrasonic things move like an electric toothrbrush. It doesn't actually do anything. I guess it gives patients ASMR so they think it works,

Additional view. You can see the prongs better here.

Rather, what's their claims?

Who the fuck cares.

This shit is fascinating to me at 130 in the morning

I can make up some BS.
>It makes you ten years younger.
>Only $150 per session.

you bought a skincare device, you are now gay
youtube.com/watch?v=ot48HuEQjSQ

You are in LA

its a pretty common CONMAN utility.
you tell people they will get beautiful/healthy/pregnant/white/long dick/wealthy if they pay you for regular sessions with this
positive enegry/light therapy/ultrasound healing/smallion inflector device.

if people are really dumb you can get like 5 to 6 sessions each 80$ out of them before some of their slightly less fumb friends tell them to google that shit.

i used to be traveling small citities in suburban europe and had like a handful of customers each town, travelled after atleast half of my customers dropped out. didnt make me rich, but got me 700$ a week for one day of work.

Will it increase the size of 2inch cock?

Op please open it up and see if the buttons and bio knob are even connected to the circuitboard

Looks to be a "biolight" used for face whitening. At least, that's what all the similar products claim.

Snake oil sounds correct.

It's not 1.30! It's 9.30 you fucking RETARD HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I can't get it open. There's some tabs securing the top end in place. I know it's some bs device, but I still don't want to break it open. Plus the mystery is more or less solved. Just want to know what model I have to see what people are paying for this thing.

Hello west coast.

Sweet. I just saved myself $147!

At least I'll be pretty.

Hell, my keyboard as RGB lights. I'm getting free bio treatment while browsing Sup Forums and playing vidya

Fucking faggot, we did what you asked, now you fucking deliver on posting a teardown.

Looks like something to do with muscles, meant to relax it or something. I think I've seen a different model before

I wish I could con idiots out of their money like that, but I can not keep a straight face for the life of me when I'm fucking with someone

That reminds me, the staff room at my workplace has these LED lights arranged along with the regular lights in the ceiling. They just cycle through colors. Thing is, with the regular room lights on, they're too dim to be noticeable. Anyone else got something similar?

Finally freed the cover. Keep the thread bumped while I take photos, gayboy.

its not just literally the face

fuin fact: as a young kid i was in a car accident which totaly ruined my face.. but indeed was quite helpful for portraying this "better not ask about how he got these scars" persona. but its not just the face. you got to, with your whole body & language assure your client that you are not thinkng or doing conflicting things.

what helped me in the beginning was constructing stories about how i was really helping them in their life so what i act is no longer conflicting as much with how i think about it. after a while it just becomes habit, these skills can be imrpoved through experience like pretty much everything else

>face whitening

ThatsRacist.jif

as per the en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreamachine

this device is obviously used to scratch off hemorroids located in the after. try it out

Front side of the board.

Back side.

I had an argumen with a family member recently over the claim that 'blue light' was dangerous, damaged your eyes and made it difficult to sleep. Their suggestion was to stop using phones with back-lighting.

I pointed out if they actually believed blue light was a threat, black out curtains and bright red light bulbs would be a better place to start. We were standing in broad daylight at the time too, but he didn't understand why the sun would be more of an issue than his phone.

I'm not allowed around his house anymore. Retards, man. They'll fall for anything.

Well it seems like you got a whol bunch of shit that turns on including the "probes". Probably some thermo therapeutic bullshit designed to relive stress based on heat levels

So what the fuck is that and what does?
It's 4:10 and I need to sleep.

Better construction than I expected, definitely valued more than $3 just in parts. The knob is connected, but difficult to tell what it actually does.

Looks like the probes and a couple contact plates. Maybe when you hold it and put your thumb on the probes it makes a connection of some sort?

Not the most solidly built thing, but I'm not sure what else you could do other than give it more heft to give the perception of quality. But the plastic is definitely not the cheap quality I've seen in some knockoff products.

It's just a bank of LEDs. There is no high frequency circuitry, and nothing "ultrasonic".

Hello fellow cmt basement dweller

Looks like some burning around the solder for the sticky-out-bits. Maybe it's putting off more heat than we're giving it credit?

Not that it'd do anything, but at least it's releasing some form of energy as advertised.

Te LED thing supposedly rejuvenates skin.
Google "ultrasonic bio light therapy" and you can find similar products, their claims and flimsy science they're based on.
I don't know about this particular one, but prices for these things range from $40 to $$$.

where do you buy that image

>costs from fourth dollars to dollars.

Did you try putting it on your dick already?

Don't know, came from eBay, don't remember what search term I used on google.

sorry, you prefer an actual number for the upper end?

It's also claimed it removes blackheads. You can actually see that in the ads.

it's for growing plants i think but i'd like the free goggles they look cool :P

It does make it difficult to sleep. In the same way the sun being up is a pretty strong signal to your brain that it's not sleep time. Plenty of studies showing this and that's clearly the kernel of truth in this nonsense he believes.

Like corn being bad for you cause it's starchy....sure if it's all you eat you'd have a high starch diet maybe...but that's morphed into my roommate literally believing it has zero nutritional value and bassicaly kills you if you eat it..can't enjoy corn around her without her pointing this out despite me repeatedly telling her she's wrong and that I'd still eat the delicious golden kernels if they actually gave me testicular cancer.

Stupid people....Google is a thing do they not know they can just look stuff up?

you can get them for chinese sites for $5 no min order

>Google is a thing do they not know they can just look stuff up?

Yes. And they find the one junk-science site supporting their belief and declare, "See! It's real!"