Non-english speaking anons: Do you speak English to you friends a lot? Do you think it's weird?

non-english speaking anons: Do you speak English to you friends a lot? Do you think it's weird?

I'm a Slav living in America and I speak Ukrainian with my family and Russian or Ukrainian depending on where the friend is from. I dislike it when the younger ones want to Americanize.

Swissfag here.
You live in a different country now, why would it be wrong for the younger folks to adapt?
You should adapt, otherwise go back to the country you came from.

>I'm a Slav living in America
>I dislike it when the younger ones want to Americanize.
Then why the fuck are you in America?

Latviafag here
I speak english about as good as my main language all because i traveled a lot and watched english cartoons

Aren't foreign movies in your country in english anyways, because nobody translates them into latvian?

I know that that's the case for estonia, so I'm just assuming it's the same for you.

Not exactly my friends, but my boss.
He one day said something in english. I reacted with something like "Damn, that had nearly no german accent." He explained (now in english) "Well, that's because I'm actually canadian" ...and after that day we kinda exclisively talked english. Much to the dismay of my english-inept co-workers. But what do I care? I finally get a chance to get rid of my damn accent by practicing on a native speaker, so fuck the co-workers.

no, they do translate them but the translation is so retarded that any movie can be considered a comedy
but i watched straight up english cartoons on CN

I'm black, so I speak in the language of not having a job

I love how Norwegian Black Metal contains English far for poetic and competent than most Americans could ever dream of.

Why the fuck would i speak English with my friends when I'm not living in an English speaking nation?

>mexifag here
my college has some "only german or english classes" so i have to speak those in school, sometimes we chat in english or german but normally we use to talk in spanish, sometimes we use some murican expressions.

The irony of this sentence and its grammar is truly amazing.

im an american and i have lived in the US my whole life and i respect your desire to preserve your culture

i think its natural and healthy, as long as you obey US laws then i think you should be able to live however you want in the US

I'm German and I feel kinda weird talking English in front of my friends and family. anglicisms have been trending for a few years, I don't know if this word even exists in other languages. It means replacing nouns, verbs or adjectives with the equivalent English words, sounds pretty stupid and is mostly used by hipster youths.

Too bad it's drowned out by angry faggots screaming at 180bpm

Are you in the fraternity Dee Kappa Tata at Los Zetas University?

A sensible user on Sup Forums????
>wtf.jpeg

Same in Denmark i fucking hate theese people, trying to sound smart by adding a foreign word to their already limited vocabulary.

I'm in the UK, so I only know English. But I've noticed a lot of internet words creep into the language over the last few years. I actually heard a kid say "lol".

And that fucking "bakka" and "senpai" and all that bollocks.

Makes me weep for the language.

Deutschland-fag here
we barely have any english in our daily lives, TV shows and movies are dubbed. makes alot of germans really bad englishspeakers as they almost never hear the language. i personally love the English language, but i only use it to speak about my problems and feelings with my friends.

>Non-English speakers
>Asks question in English
/Thread

I speak English to my friends sometimes, usually we're doing it jockingly and we try to use as strong Polish accent as we can when using it.
But I frequently have dirty talk with by bf in English, because it has more euphemistic phrases and words for genitals than Polish

I meant people whose primary language isn't English you faggot.

Also, trips

Deutschland kicks ass

explain the difference between
>then
>than
>them
>dam
>damn

dont google it.

Not really, people who use a lot of non tech related English expressions, are usually posers.

I have to talk english sometimes in the office but I switch to my native language whenever something is important, dont care if the rest doesn't understand.

i think adapting but still knowing heritage and speaking the language is not only important but super helpful and good for learning more languages in the future

Feel the same but I have to admit that "fuck" has found its daily use in my life

it's a normal thing. 200 years ago they were adding french, 400 years ago latin

jelo pipol
ai kan espikin inglich
jaguar yu gais?

Had so many english sentences slip out I got 3 of them into learning english. 2 of them post here now and one of them is planning on studying abroad.
Feels good.

>>then
Something happens after a prior task
>>than
Compering two things
>>them
Pronoun
>>dam
A apparatus to hold water back
>>damn
Curse word