This shit is like if someone drugged The Smiths with klonopine...

This shit is like if someone drugged The Smiths with klonopine. It's like if Phil Collins kicked Robert Smith out of The Cure, took over as frontman and said "okay fellas, let's make it like Three Imaginary Boys, but without the vitality."

Why do people like this boring ass record?

its a grower album. but I prefer listening too automatic for the people

it sounds pretentious, but to fully get it, i feel like you have to have spent some time in the american southeast

wrong

Oh boy, the most boring part of America.
That explains everything...

no u

He said southeast not Midwest

At least the midwest has...
...huh.

Wow holy shit kill yourself its a 10/10 first listen

>Wow holy shit kill yourself life is not worth living after being exposed to that much ambitionless noodling.
ftfy

bump, the world needs to know how overrated this college-radio meme is.

My dads a Kiwi and its his favorite album

Not R.E.M's best but Perfect Circle is their most beautiful song

Meth.

that's not Shaking Through

>r.e.m.
>noodling

Babby's first b8. How adorable

no

closer but the real answer is laughing

Its funny because REM is better than all of those

>Midwest
>boring
Have fun with your low intelligence and liberals

>the ending key change

Never thought this album sounded particularly southern

Who are you trying to impress here? It's a great album.

R.E.M.'s never reminded me of the Smiths or the Cure too strongly, though I get the comparison. A more immediate and obvious comparison would be Pylon, or the Soft Boys. R.E.M.'s early stuff reminds me more of the Byrds with a more urgent sense of rhythm even if the Byrds were hardly a conscious influence. They had a rootsiness to them I don't think really applies to the Cure, let alone fucking Phil Collins.

Reckoning is better.

This album is very good, but my favourite REM is Monster

>the Soft Boys
The Soft Boys have way more energy than REM. What are you on? Explain how "I wanna destroy you" sounds ANYTHING like REM? They're post-punk meets pyschedelic rock dynamic's thousand times more interesting then that boring ass record Murmur.

Nice one slipping a more obscure band, though, and trying to act like I'm aiming to impress. Fuck outta here...

It's the musical equivalent of bonemeal. Noodling without doing anything remotely interesting--literally worse than DragonForce.