Alright Sup Forums, I decided I was going to start vaping for recreational use at home...

Alright Sup Forums, I decided I was going to start vaping for recreational use at home. I want to build my vape so I'm going for a rda build I suppose. I dont know this fucking jargon so pardon me if I sound like a dipshit.

Going with a mutation x4 atomizer with an ipv 2s 7-60w box. Samsung 25r batteries. Dunno what flavors to get, and I have all the supplies to build the coils, going to do single coil. Any advice for a noobie at this shit?

>Mouth fedora/vape thread

Other urls found in this thread:

steam-engine.org/
fasttech.com/products/4295302
elementvape.com/pioneer4you-ipv5-200w-tc-temp-control-box-mod
illumn.com/
coil-master.net/product/coil-master-coiling-kit-v3
misthub.com/collections/e-juice/products/coney-cake-e-juice-by-liquid-state-vapors?variant=17427586949
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Since you are kinda newer to vaping I'd suggest building higher ohm coils, use between 24GA and 28GA wire. As for juices it just kinda goes by preference really. I like more creamy flavors but honestly picking up house juice at a local vape shop is your best bet to start. Pic is my first stapled Clapton

Sounds reasonable but I've seen a lot of videos and honestly I don't see why you'd you wouldnt go subohm unless you were retarded. There are lots of videos on coil building and it seems hard to fuck up. I just want to make sure these are all the components I need to actually build the thing once I get them. The mutation x4 atomizer seems really nice from what I've seen.

I love my x4. Have it on a segeli 150w. My only complaint is that the plastic spacer that you can put on top breaks VERY easy. Pic related. My 17 wrap 22 gauge dual coils

Nice, I'll be sure to very careful with it as it will be my first build. I might go IPV 4v. I see it goes up to 200w but whats really the benefit of going so high? Doesn't it just burn out your flavor super fast?

Higher wattage can push lower ohm coils. It's takes alot of power to push a .01 build. But I've never had any problems with the 150. Had it for a year, and 20+ builds. It's powered anything I've put on it.

I know it seems pretty hard to fuck it up, but it happens even with regulated boxes, they at very minimal but still not something to fuck with lol, but yeah your rda, mod, wire, juice, and cotton is all you need

vaping is for faggots and nu male hipsters

have fun OP

Alright that's good to know. The only thing I'm wondering, is how often do I need to change coils?

The only time you would need over 150w honestly is if you are cloud chasing

Vaping has a really bad negative stigma, but I only plan on doing it for recreational use at my house. I'm not going to be around anyone while doing it, and I really just want something to do as I work on animation. Flavored smoking without the drawbacks of nicotine addiction and the added bonus of being able to learn some useful knowledge seems to be a good way to do it.

Not very often. Good kanthal and a decent build will last for a while. I've had mine for Atleast 4 months and it's still fine. Once it gets gunked up just heat the coils and run under tap water.

honestly, i will give you a pass for this

however, as soon as you use it in public your pass is revoked

Wotofo freakshow?

Coils you don't really need to change out very often it's mostly cotton you'll be needing to change out, but when you do rewick your builds just fire the coils and burn off the residue on your coils and you should be good, as for how long cotton lasts it's mostly just preference and also different juices gunk up faster/slower depending on vg/pg ratio and if there are sweeteners

Oh wow I expecting to do it much more often.. When changing flavors and refilling, do you use new cotton? I know you put the juice on the cotton so it seems that when you refill it and use it for a while the cotton would go bad and you'd need to take it out and replace it but I might be wrong.

Thanks man, before I did tricks with a butterfly knife, I got pretty good with it too but a lot of them are cheap unless you are willing to put in 300 dollars for a benchmade one. This seems better.

learn ohm's law
steam-engine.org/
pretty helpful for anything related to the mechanics of vaping
im a ten year vet

Like this user said
It's mostly preference when you change the cotton. I change mine when I get a new flavor or once every 2 weeks.

Freakshow?

Yeah I figured you'd need to swap out the cotton. The atomizer I chose can do dual coils, as a beginner should I look into doing dual coil, or just stick with one?

returned

It's all about preference I'm a stickler so I change cotton between flavors, but my buddies don't care

Why did you return it?

im a vegan

Just remember that 2 .30 ohm coils will be .15 ohms

no just saying i join practically every vape thread

Quads. Nice

26 gauge kanthal is what I'll be using for my coils. that's like .84 Ωs according to some goyim I watched

So pretty

you want fat clouds with single coil use 20G kanthal do a macro build simple easy

kinda new to vaping so I figured I'd ask here. I have an MVP 3.0 PRO w/ iSub tank am I right in thinking I need to replace the coils every week or two or w/e? I'm not too bothered, only a few £ a week extra and cheaper than smoking I just don't want to be wasting any by replacing them before I need to.

It depends on how many times you wrap it, how big the bit is you use to wrap it, stuff like that

the inherent resistivity of the wire is different from the resistance of the coil you will be making with it
change them when they taste bad

I don't really want to vape for the cloud production but more like flavor, any recommendations?

we know but there are a group out there that does it just to quit smoking
>amazing

Ah. In the video the man wrapped it 6 times with 26 Kanthal wire with a 3mm drillbit. I don't quite know the pros and cons of using different gauge wires or how many times you wrap it etc.

tey a 24G parallel build

Click this anons link.
Put 26 gauge wire, and play with everything else. Find something that you feel comfortable with and then toss it on your rda

Thanks user will try

The more surface area of coil to cotton = more vapor/more flavor but also the more crevices for juice to get into the more flavor you get, if you want amazing flavor learn to build or buy pre-made Clapton coils

they are usually pretty warm and pack a quick punch

think of resistance wire as a hose through which water flows.
wattage=volume
voltage=pressure
resistance=diameter of hose

essentially higher gauge wire (smaller diameter) coils tend to have higher resistances, thus increasing the voltage required to drive them. they heat up quickly as a result but are also fragile because they are thinner.
conversely, lower gauge wire requires more wattage to drive and tend to have slower ramp up times, but can be pushed to greater extents, thus producing larger clouds.

How about nice clouds with just good flavor?

OP here, what temperatures do I not want to see when vaping?

are you using an infrared thermometer or something lol
seriously just click my fucking link and you'll have all the information you need

I'm not a temp kinda guy, but I think 600 plus is when things start getting dangerous to your health. But anywhere near that temp and your going to burn the fuck out of your throat.

Sorry guy but it's easier to understand when put it laymen's terms from anons who have higher experience than me.

i depends on what you want you can make a supper cool build or a warm build i just go by make sure you lips can touch the mod without burning them off
>a vape can take a lot of heat before venting
>don't use fake battery

In my opinion Clapton coils are some of the best type of coil, but honestly when it comes to building coils though any type of coil will give good flavor with the right settings, it's all about trial and error and finding what works for you, start simple and work towards the more advanced builds if you get into it

If you can get them, the efest batteries are my go to

I heard samsung 25r were the best you could get

my personal favorite is SONY VTC5's im running three of those is my rx200

looks like 75W is too much for a 26G single coil

did you even check

Efest are terrible batteries they are rewrapped garbooge

this 100%

Never had a problem. Running the same 6 efest for over half a year.

OP Here, with all those parts and a recharge for the batteries, I'm seeing around 84 dollars, accurate?

I watched a build with the same parts pretty much where he had wrapped the coil 6 times around a 3mm drillbit with 26G wire, he measured .84 Ωs. That's all I'm going off of as I have yet to build the vape.

Here's mooch's recommended battery chart go by this.

how many times you wrap the coil is up to you

the whole reason i'm recommending the website is so that you can experiment and learn about how many wraps are required to get to a certain resistance before actually doing it

If you buy cheap knock off shit. Which is a great way to save money for the doctors bill when you blow your fucking face off

That's not bad

I don't know I mean it's a mutation x4, ipv5 200w, and some batteries & wire. It all seems highly authentic.

>fasttech.com/products/4295302

Am I being bamboozled?

>fast tech
Yes

What do you suggest? I know the name is sketchy but it doesnt seem like some ripoff website, maybe I'm retarded.

The only thing
He'd need to worry about as far as knock offs is the mod itself and the batteries and really not even the MOD he's not going for cloud chasing

Buy some sample juices to hold you over and get into making your own juices. Juice can be expensive and I thought I'd be smart and get some samples from VapeWild as their prices are fantastic especially if you get a coupon for 15 or 20% off. Anyway I found a flavor I loved and bought 420ml for less then 40$ but sadly I got vapors tongue from vaping the same flavor all the time and could no longer taste it.

So in short rotate atleast 3 flavors to avoid olfactory fatigue. Making your own juice is the cheapest way and you have control over all ingredients and VG/pg ratios and flavor etc.

fasttech is notorious for being dubious in quality and having extremely slow shipping

if you're in the states there are about fifteen other potential websites you could use eg vapordna vapenw

I know that vapenw.com is a great site , great prices although IDK if they have exactly everything your looking for, with looking into though, also for batteries buy from imrbatteries.com pretty cheap and authentic high quality batteries

elementvape.com/pioneer4you-ipv5-200w-tc-temp-control-box-mod

This seems to be the best one I found then.

I've heard mixed reviews for vape wild juices lol

element is good as far as i know
batteries illumn.com/
vapewild tends to be ok on the pastry/cream flavors and mediocre on fruits in my experience

But I agree with everything you said!

On element vape this I got this.

The mutation x4, the IPv5 200W, With the Mutation x4 comes 30FT of Kanthal 26G wire, and 5 pads of organic cotton. Also with the mutation x4 comes a kit that includes a screwdriver for the coils and a drip tip adapter. Seems like a much better deal than fasttech.

I eyeball mine and get around 0.1-0.3, which is fine for me. 5-6 wraps around my mini-screwdriver does the trick.

this.

As for me, I'm using a Troll and a Joyetech evic 75w and am enjoying that, although the temperature control setting is a little weird with this stainless steel wire I have so I run it on wattage mode.

Looks good! Happy vaping! Stay cloudy :)

if you don't already have an assortment of bits of various diameters to wrap your coils with i'd suggest you get something like this
coil-master.net/product/coil-master-coiling-kit-v3
other than that you seem good to go
as far as batteries are concerned try the websites mentioned above–compare prices and go for the 25r

This. You can definitely tell the difference. I'm liking 24 gauge so far.

Men build ARs and/or vehicles.
Fucktards build "mods" aka, mouth fedoras.

Op you sound like a cuck

Thanks but I think I'll pass. With that one anons Ohm calculator 3mm diameter 26G coils wrapped 5/6 times will be good. I dont really feel the need to spend 26 dollars on some gimmicky set of tools

OP here, my order is all set. Mutation X4 atomizer, IPV5 200W box mod, 30FT of 26G Kanthal wire and 5 pads of cotton, 2 samsung 25R batteries and a two bay battery charger all for 90 bucks.

It should be here within the next week, thanks to all the anons who provided websites and information.

Also I think for my first flavor I'll go blueberry.

NO

someone back me up but blueberry by itself is probably the worst flavor in vaping ever created after peach tea

Really? I think blueberry is my favorite kind of flavor for things like candy. I was looking at this

misthub.com/collections/e-juice/products/coney-cake-e-juice-by-liquid-state-vapors?variant=17427586949

well, the thing is that vaping tends to taste different from anything you actually eat
i once had a blueberry juice that smelled ok but tasted like literal shit
since that particular one is a mix it'll probably be ok but i'd recommend doing some research on which flavors work well with vaping and which don't

test

Then I'll probably buy a few to start off with, like vanilla, blueberry, churro which seems to be a popular one.

for sure man, try out a diverse palate. you never know what you might find.

Thanks for the info this thread was really informative, thanks all. OP going to bed, it's 9am and I still haven't slept.

Insomnia's a bitch