Albums ruined by vocals

Every math rock album.

A Love Supreme

Every alt-j album

Not albums, but many electronic subgenres (trip hop, drum and bass, grime, house, breakbeat, trance) produce mediocre stuff because of this. Producers who feel the need to add vocals (usually female cheesy ones) to their music. Ew.

>being this pleb

It seems like something I could like, but the super operatic vocals are just too 80's for me. I'll keep trying though.

THIS. Animals would've been so good if I could just turn the singer off.....

This album wouldn't be nearly as good without the vocals. Why does everyone hate on them? Aversion to emo vocalists in general?

Spiderland vocals are pretty good though

baby baby ooooooh please dont leave me baby baby youre driving me wild baby baby baby baby bABY im gonnna love you baby baby BABY BABY OOOOOOOOHHH

Well, to be fair, yes. I'm just not keen on emo vocals in general; apart from some American Football songs there's not really any Emo I enjoy

get fuckt pussy animals is bestmath rock album of the last decade in part because of the vocals/lyrics.

just how many layers of irony are you on?

early zep is painful

PPPPPLLLLEEEEEEBBBBBB

I actually agree with this. I'm glad I'm not the only to think the vocals are the weakest part of the Beach Boys' music.

Isn't a lot of the point of them the vocal harmonies?

>Implicando

Spiderland isn't Math Rock though. It's a precursor to the genre, it includes elements that would later become staples of Math Rock but isn't in any way the genre as we know it now.

>Not albums, but many electronic subgenres (trip hop, drum and bass, grime, house, breakbeat, trance) produce mediocre stuff because of this. Producers who feel the need to add vocals (usually female cheesy ones) to their music. Ew.

I fucking know, right?

The vocalists usually suck. They usually way overproduce them, and when they autotune they go overboard. They often don't even try to fit it to the track well, rhythmically or structurally, either by having the vocalist sing a certain way or arranging it in production.

And even on the rare occasions when they don't fuck that up, the lyrics are still usually often the cheesiest most terrible shit, or otherwise annoying.

Only Algernon Cadwallader and the first American Football pull off vocals mixing with instruments.

fuck no, are you trolling me because it worked

Any Death album, ever

>its a Jimmy Page descending scales solo episode

For me specifically everything TTNG did without Stuart

aziff

Most of the rock on bandcamp.

you have to learn to appreciate it

its minimal and the idea of coltrane screeching into his saxophone and taking a quick moment to come close to the mic is a great moment in jazz history

Anything by Melt Banana

Its not bad but neither good.

fuck why did he throw his ego into this

it could have been so good

I used to dislike it as well, something clicked when listening to nightfall, though.

Give it another shot, user. It's so good

if someone posts anything king diamond related I will scream

I fucking hate that song, seriously.

This 100%

yes
I don't know how anyone can think the vocals are the worst part of the album

I think it might be better without vocals.

The instrumentation is objectively better than the vocals on that album

kill yourself

The music is just so far ahead of their barber shop quartet BS...

disgusting

>Vampire with a sinus infection as a lead vocalist.

Touché though...

LITERALLY ANY SWANS ALBUM

See also: every other black metal album

Those disco-style female vocals have ruined countless otherwise good house tracks for me

Including any Psychic TV album.

>>too 80s
Don't let the Jews fool you. You can never get too 80s.

>THIS

Holy shit. the music is so fucking amazing until a yahoo starts yodeling like a swiss cuckenstein.

Correct

Every Weezer album

The lyrics are 50% the point of listening to Modest Mouse wtf

almost

how was this not the first post

why, like only 2 songs in the album has the singer going nuts with falsetto

All of Brand New plus the mix is terrible but it could just be that Modest Mouse already exists and is a billion times better.

B-but his voice glues together the emotion!

Nice bait

bloody uk garrij

>Adam Sandler-core

Thom York has such a shitty, whiny voice

I like it so far

whats your big objection?

He sang pretty good on Kid A you dumbass.

He sang pretty bad on In Rainbows

This. yorke's vocals make radiohead's discography seem so much more homogenous than it is

this is actually kinda kicking my ass

its my introduction to them though

I'm glad the vocals ruined it for you because I may not have listened to it otherwise

Seriously. It's like the majority of math rock bands have an affinity for awful vocals. (People hating on TTNG's vocals are plebmode tho)

the instrumentals are so comfy
gordon is so not

you're wrong but it does sound like David Beckham at times

The screaming is good, but the clean vocals holy shit

Horse the Band

Probably because the vocals complement the music perfectly?

Maroon 5/Adam Levine

This would have been a legendary trip-hop album if it were purely instrumental.

every Kanye album post-MBDTF

You don't quite get it but I understand.

already called you a pleb
Honestly have to agree that the vocals suck at times. Other times they actually work though
no
ye
honestly wtf
pleb
what, harsh vocals are bad?
pleb
What do you even mean?
>TAKE A LOOK AT THESE HANDS
no
The vocals are actually really good
worst post itt

That one Pan Sonic album... Endless. Could have been their best music but that fucking annoying as fuck vocals ruined everything. Fuck Alan Vega.

Fucking this

As soon as I hear a pitch shifted female vocal sample over a club beat, I divert my ears

It's the trendiest pleb shit at the moment

they destroyed whatever appeal this had

/thread

dont understand why normies like this

this desu, the only track I like the clean vocals on is Interview

but that's the worst offender

every skinny puppy album

this LMAO